Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

sioda wrote: »
    Not gone on funky doughnut at all. I can't understand why they don't do them fresh and until they do won't be going back and their coffee is OK at best

Can you give me a place where they do doughnuts on order? I am not totally gone on there stuff but they are fresh enough. Plus the place they are is so small so maybe that is why

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Going back but Danes bakery immediately springs to mind.

They could be prepped in Brimstone and shipped to the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

As far as I know they're prepped in brimstone and brought up to the shop in the mornings. The shop isn't big enough to be preparing food in and secondly the doughnuts they're selling aren't real suitable to being made to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Best of luck to them, but they're not really a great fit for the market that promotes itself as a foodie type place, are they? That said, my earliest memories of the market are of being brought in there by my father to buy donuts a good few decades ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Definitely not a fan of Funky Doughnut. Went in one Saturday at around 3p.m. and was told to come back in ten mins because they were closed as the doughnuts weren't ready. Strange because there was a display unit right on front of me packed to the brim with fresh doughnuts. Haven't gone back since....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There first week went grand but I'd say it has slowed down for them since opening. The Donuts are light and very tasty but a bit on the expensive side. I wouldnt mind if they were at least 50 cent cheaper, as they arent fresh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

According to the Leader, House will open on Thursday subject to clearance from the fire chief. http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/220082/new-superpub-set-to-open-in-limerick-this-week.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

They'll be working around the clock so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I jogged past the ACI offices in Castletroy last night. Very high spec finish on the place. Looks very nice.

It would be better for Limerick if these jobs were in the city centre but if they need to be beside the data centre then that wouldn't be realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

According to the Leader, House will open on Thursday subject to clearance from the fire chief. http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/220082/new-superpub-set-to-open-in-limerick-this-week.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Good. Hopefully they manage to stick to a good door policy and not just open it to everyone after a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Treepole wrote:
    Good. Hopefully they manage to stick to a good door policy and not just open it to everyone after a few weeks.

I have high hopes for House. If we have at least one late night bar in Limerick you can go to without getting your arse slapped or some derogatory comment on your looks/body than I will be a happy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

House is opening on Thursday week, the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

Meadows and Byrne opening up in Castletroy Town centre, according to Limerick Life. Also included obligatory mention of Starbucks possibly opening.

New management certainly pushing getting the units open.

The sweet shop opened there aswell as a bookshop.
    Tech Star fitting out a unit there also.
    The Art gallery are moving units, maybe Meadows and Byrne going into where the gallery is.

Very impressive. They should take over the Roxboro SC - they have a lot of empty internal units

Mc Love wrote: »
    Very impressive. They should take over the Roxboro SC - they have a lot of empty internal units

The only way the Roxboro SC would work is if it was demolished and bebuilt. Nobody wants to venture into that dark dank street to access those internal units. It also has a completely different demographic living nearby.

The only way the Roxboro SC would work is if it was demolished and bebuilt. Nobody wants to venture into that dark dank street to access those internal units. It also has a completely different demographic living nearby.

Agreed, its not very welcoming. Different demographic indeed - Guineys would be a great fit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Agreed, its not very welcoming. Different demographic indeed - Penneys would be a great fit :)

They'd need to sort that car park out first. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Agreed, its not very welcoming. Different demographic indeed - Penneys would be a great fit :)
    You obnoxious twat.

You obnoxious twat.

I'm from the area. McLove is 100% correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jesus wept lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

You obnoxious twat.

I'm from the area. McLove is 100% correct.
    I lived in the area for over 20 years. At least they can manage to keep a large multinational open in the area unlike other areas of the city where large chains have had to pull out.
    I was referring to his comment re the busiest shop in both the city centre and Crescent shopping centre. One which is frequented by all demographics but he is trying to associate Penneys with a certain demographic.

You obnoxious twat.

Not sure if thats tongue in cheek or for real? :confused:

Ah - so there is another page, it was for real! LOL

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

LimerickCity taking a break, no personal abuse.

Not sure if thats tongue in cheek or for real? :confused:

Ah - so there is another page, it was for real! LOL
    yop wrote: »
    LimerickCity taking a break, no personal abuse.

I was just about to report it as they were serious - on the ball as always Yop

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Now now lads. Play nice everyone. Penny's has gone international, along with Supermacs, another of our fine exports. They have a reputation for selling cheap and cheerful clothes. Or food, if we're talking Supermacs.

I digress. Keep it civil please. :-)

I'm surprised by the quick response lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

That whole site from the roxboro to janesboro Road should be razed and rebuilt to a modern commercial centre penny's would do very well there tbh as it would be accessible from the motorway and have decent parking if the centre was redeveloped.

The whole arcade feel they were going for went out with the 80s tbf.

The businesses that have done well there over the years have adjusted to the location look at the stock in tesco vs coonagh you will see certain items are not stocked as they are not in demand.

Mr Price has done very well and again this is to do IMHO with access nothing to do with the area.

I have always found parking up there a disaster thus as someone who lives less than 10 mins from there I do all my shopping at coonagh and jetland again as the children road dunnes is a disaster and the Parkway one you will be out to the Ennis road before you get in there

sioda wrote: »
    That whole site from the roxboro to janesboro Road should be razed and rebuilt to a modern commercial centre penny's would do very well there tbh as it would be accessible from the motorway and have decent parking if the centre was redeveloped.

The whole arcade feel they were going for went out with the 80s tbf.

The businesses that have done well there over the years have adjusted to the location look at the stock in tesco vs coonagh you will see certain items are not stocked as they are not in demand.

Mr Price has done very well and again this is to do IMHO with access nothing to do with the area.

I have always found parking up there a disaster thus as someone who lives less than 10 mins from there I do all my shopping at coonagh and jetland again as the children road dunnes is a disaster and the Parkway one you will be out to the Ennis road before you get in there

It's only accessible from one side of the motorway :(

The parking is a disaster tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm surprised by the quick response lads :)

New mod. I got very excited. ;) Twas like the bat signal going off.

Advertisement