Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I read the actual paper.

Wo0t! What is this "paper" you speak of!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

EY is moving in there.

I thought they were extending not moving

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

davo2001 wrote: »
    Wo0t! What is this "paper" you speak of!? :pac:

see post #4619

phog wrote: »
    see post #4619

That's why I want to read it!

That's why I want to read it!

Did you see the Limerick Post mentioned in that post? I assume that's the paper the OP read it on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Did you see the Limerick Post mentioned in that post? I assume that's the paper the OP read it on.

I think he's well aware it the Post. He asked for a link to the article and the OP got sarky and told him to read the actual paper. Asking for a link is pretty normal on the interweb.

You are aware that the Limerick Post has a website that they publish there article on also right? :rolleyes:

How can I assume he read it in the paper and not he online edition? :mad:

Moving on..........................

panda100 wrote: »
    The White House appears to be reopening this weekend. From the interview in The Limerick Post by the new owner it sounds like it will cater for the sporty crowd.

I haven't seen the interview in the Post, but that's not what I got from the interview in the Leader. http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/225297/varley-begins-reign-at-limerick-s-white-house.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“Contrary to all the rumours, it is not going to be a sports bar,” Mr Varley told the Limerick Leader this Thursday.

“It was never my intention to turn it into a sports bar, but there are going to be TVs. To open a bar without being able to show some sport would be foolish,” he added.
    The bar will only show matches that “people want to see”, according to Damien.
    “You won’t be coming in here with random stuff on TV.”

I think he's well aware it the Post. He asked for a link to the article and the OP got sarky and told him to read the actual paper. Asking for a link is pretty normal on the interweb.
    You are aware that the Limerick Post has a website that they publish there article on also right? :rolleyes:

How can I assume he read it in the paper and not he online edition? :mad:

Moving on..........................

I'm well aware that they have a website - you seem to know about it too. I'll let the OP inform us what he meant but I took it that he actually read the paper so hadn't a link.

It can't be that difficult to find the article once you know they have a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

“It was never my intention to turn it into a sports bar, but there are going to be TVs. To open a bar without being able to show some sport would be foolish,” he added.

I hate bars with TVs on. Obviously if there is a big match on and everybody is interested in it, then fair enough. Mickey Martins have a good set up. They pull a projector screen down and seem to reserve it for genuinely important sports events (i.e. not horse racing or some obscure golf event).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I haven't seen the interview in the Post, but that's not what I got from the interview in the Leader. http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/225297/varley-begins-reign-at-limerick-s-white-house.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“Contrary to all the rumours, it is not going to be a sports bar,” Mr Varley told the Limerick Leader this Thursday.

Well that's good. I thought in the Post interview he emphasised the need to facilitate and cater to Limerick as a sporting city a lot more.

The poor poets don't look like they will be getting back into The White House anytime soon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

FYI, Cookiemunster, I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I read it in the paper and didn't tell anyone "to read the paper". I just happened to see the article in the physical copy of the post which I picked up this morning. Where does one copy and paste a link from a paper on my living room table?

If you really want, I can link you to the limerick post website where I'm sure you'll be able to read the paper online.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I thought they were extending not moving

They might be keeping their premises on Barrington Street too. I'm not sure.

EDIT: Found this on their site.
    This October we move from our home in Barrington House, to our new riverfront offices, overlooking the mighty river Shannon. Currently we have 50 people offering services in Assurance and Tax, though our new office has plenty space for expansion. By 2020, EY Limerick plans to employ 80 people and operate an extended service line offering. Our office overlooks the newly completed riverside boardwalk, which is a major city centre amenity. Limerick has so much to offer, all the conveniences of a large city, whilst being close enough to Ireland’s stunning south-west coastline.

FYI, Cookiemunster, I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I read it in the paper and didn't tell anyone "to read the paper". I just happened to see the article in the physical copy of the post which I picked up this morning. Where does one copy and paste a link from a paper on my living room table?

If you really want, I can link you to the limerick post website where I'm sure you'll be able to read the paper online.

I'm well aware where the Post resides online thank you, but I wasn't the one enquiring about a link. You were asked a simple question and you replied with a smart ass answer. You could easily have said that you didn't see it online, but instead you said 'I read the actual paper'. Thats a sarky answer.

I'm well aware where the Post resides online thank you, but I wasn't the one enquiring about a link. You were asked a simple question and you replied with a smart ass answer. You could easily have said that you didn't see it online, but instead you said 'I read the actual paper'. Thats a sarky answer.

Same thing, no?

Well, I didn't intend for it to sound sarcastic at all. I merely stated that I had read the actual paper as opposed to accessing it online. You've completely taken my reply out of context.

Anyway, forget about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

zulutango wrote: »
    I hate bars with TVs on. Obviously if there is a big match on and everybody is interested in it, then fair enough. Mickey Martins have a good set up. They pull a projector screen down and seem to reserve it for genuinely important sports events (i.e. not horse racing or some obscure golf event).
    What's wrong with horse racing ?

It usually attracts a certain clientele.

Any sport that exists for the sole purpose of gambling isn't much of a sport!

There's a hell of a lot of people drinking in The White House tonight. Varley seems to be having his first lock in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

It was a terrible interview. Your man Varley came across as a bit of a k**b.

You couldnt be more wrong.

Damian Varley is one of the soundest, down to earth fellas you would ever meet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

mitresize5 wrote: »

According to some on here, he could be the nicest, kindest person in the world, it wouldnt matter because the pub will probably be sh1t

mitresize5 wrote: »

I'm not denying that he's not a nice guy. It came across in the interview that it's his pub now (which it is!) and get used it. His comment about not catering for individual groups who want to take over looks to be a roundabout way of saying he won't be wanting the poetry crowd back. I also think it was a strange statement to make that it would be odd to have a pub without music or sport. It might not be common but it's certainly not odd. I just think it's a shame that The White House as it was won't be returning.

Just my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

That was the best part of the interview.

You wouldn't believe the amount of people that avoided the White House because of the bloody "poets" prattling on and acting as if they owned the place.

No wonder it closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Exeggcute wrote: »
    That was the best part of the interview.

You wouldn't believe the amount of people that avoided the White House because of the bloody "poets" prattling on and acting as if they owned the place.

No wonder it closed.

I know I did. A night out in town for me is tom Collins and that side of town. No interest in icon et al. Another nice pub down that side of town is welcome to a lot of people like myself I'd wager.

On my first, second and now my third reading of his post I didn't find it one but sarky. He answered the question by stating where he read the interview.

I really can't see where the outrage is coming from.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod note. Couple reported posts on this. Locking until we can review.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Okay lads, move on re who read what where and whats online and whats on the dinning room table. No need to be calling each other smart asses etc etc. Only going to aggrivate people. So move on.....

Anyone know what's going into the old Xtravision in Dooradoyle? Passed it a while ago and it looks to be getting fitted out.

Anyone know what's going into the old Xtravision in Dooradoyle? Passed it a while ago and it looks to be getting fitted out.

Didn't someone buy out all the xtravision shops, for the life of me I can't remember who!! :o:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Didnt somebody say here say that the beauty place is expanding into it?

Advertisement