Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

ongarboy wrote: »
    At the Castletroy SC, whats going into the large double unit facing the outside to the left of the main entrance doors - the ones near the new computer repair shop/sweet shop? I saw construction workers busy there just before Christmas.

Where the flower shop used to be? I had a quick look and guessed that's where Starbucks would go from the looks of the layout and fittings but I could be wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is there not 2 cafes there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

bigpink wrote: »
    Is there not 2 cafes there already?

Do you not know of Limericks insatiable desire for coffee?? :D

But to answer you question, I think there is only one (Hook & Ladder).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

There's also an application in to change the use of the unit beside Hook & Ladder at the front of the complex from retail to "a café/restaurant with a sit down dining area, ancillary takeaway food facility"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Looks like La Cucina are also opening in units 11 a and b of the Castletroy SC according to planning docs with Limerick county council.

http://eplan.limerick.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=1116178&format=jpeg.

I wonder are units 11a and b the ones I queried above if Starbucks are going in beside Hook and Ladder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Looks like La Cucina are also opening in units 11 a and b of the Castletroy SC according to planning docs with Limerick county council.

I wonder are units 11a and b the ones I queried above if Starbucks are going in beside Hook and Ladder?

Yeah I think that's it. Units 11A & 11B are to the left of the main entrance. So the owners of La Cucina are opening another restaurant here. Which must mean that Starbucks are going in opposite Hook & Ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Is this actually La Cucina (I can't open the link). I have heard conflicting reports of them opening in castletroy shopping centre. When they were opening in town the were constantly updating their social media with pictures, plans, progress reports, before and after pics etc. But they have never once mentioned starting work on the unit in the shopping centre which makes me wonder if it is them. I think it is Starbucks going into the big unit (former flower shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Tony Connolly in the Crescent closing. No problem finding a replacement I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Tony Connolly in the Crescent closing. No problem finding a replacement I'd say.

Taught they were only closing down the sale shop..They have three shops at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭goochy

What about lyons new jaguar land rover place on Tipperary road ? Work still taking place ? Someone in here said recently work seemed to have stopped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

goochy wrote: »
    What about lyons new jaguar land rover place on Tipperary road ? Work still taking place ? Someone in here said recently work seemed to have stopped

It's ROARING along.

Nah. I've no idea. Looked like a quare shed with a balcony overlooking a drainage ditch the last time I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Some construction work going on in the old Sandwich Shop on Thomas St.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Saw a few men/women in suits coming out of the former Edinburgh Woollen Mill unit on Bedford Row. Spotted again coming out of the offices overhead a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw people having a look around in 13 henry st. too

Owner of Habitat is opening a gentlemens club in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

lol, celtic tiger part 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

Saw a few men/women in suits coming out of the former Edinburgh Woollen Mill unit on Bedford Row. Spotted again coming out of the offices overhead a few days later.

A few people knocking around there (both up and downstairs) on Friday too.

bazz26 wrote: »
    lol, celtic tiger part 2.

Exactly what a buddy of mine said

Booms booms rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

A few people knocking around there (both up and downstairs) on Friday too.

Something decent in there would really give the whole place a bit of a boost. I won't hold my breath though.

• Advertisement

I have to retract this. Your man was fraped. Was a fairly convincing one too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Totally inaccurate, though. :P "Limerick's first gentlemen's club"? They must be too young to remember the old ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

tommy249 wrote: »
    Is this actually La Cucina (I can't open the link). I have heard conflicting reports of them opening in castletroy shopping centre. When they were opening in town the were constantly updating their social media with pictures, plans, progress reports, before and after pics etc. But they have never once mentioned starting work on the unit in the shopping centre which makes me wonder if it is them. I think it is Starbucks going into the big unit (former flower shop)

so the Starbucks signage is up. Definitely going into the big unit that used to be the flower shop

I wonder are book and ladder planning on knocking into the unit next door where there is planning permission for a change of use to restaurant. Unusual a third cafe/restaurant would open right next to hook and ladder??

Slightly disappointed now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thank goodness. That sort of the establishment is the last thing Limerick needs.

panda100 wrote: »
    Thank goodness. That sort of the establishment is the last thing Limerick needs.

I disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could always kneel outside sighting decades of the rosary. That really worked last time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

tommy249 wrote:
    I wonder are book and ladder planning on knocking into the unit next door where there is planning permission for a change of use to restaurant. Unusual a third cafe/restaurant would open right next to hook and ladder??

Definitely a new restaurant going in but can't say anymore....

kilburn wrote: »
    Definitely a new restaurant going in but can't say anymore....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

tommy249 wrote: »
    so the Starbucks signage is up. Definitely going into the big unit that used to be the flower shop

That's very surprising as the planning application was made by Brulor Ltd. which is the La Cucina crowd.

Advertisement