Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

pigtown wrote: »
    That's very surprising as the planning application was made by Brulor Ltd. which is the La Cucina crowd.

As far as I know La Cucina were originally going in there but the new restaurant in town took over. Perhaps that was the older planning? It's a decent size Starbucks now anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

tommy249 wrote: »
    pigtown wrote: »
    That's very surprising as the planning application was made by Brulor Ltd. which is the La Cucina crowd.

As far as I know La Cucina were originally going in there but the new restaurant in town took over. Perhaps that was the older planning? It's a decent size Starbucks now anyway!

They only lodged that planning application in June 2016. They did secure the Henry Street premises around the same time and opening a city centre restaurant had been a long held ambition for them. So it’s no surprise that took precedence I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think Starbucks in Castletroy are close. All furniture is in, wall-hangings are up, counters are in. Could be in the next week or so by the look of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

New fish and seafood plcae opening called FISH seen it on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

bigpink wrote: »
    New fish and seafood plcae opening called FISH seen it on Facebook

Love the innovation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

From the sea. :p

I'll get me coat.

Seems to another rebrand or idea of brimstone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Does anyone know when starbucks in castletroy opens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

dashoonage wrote: »
    Does anyone know when starbucks in castletroy opens?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

It's not open yet anyway. The new barbers opened today tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Well that's what the lads down the pub told me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Where is it going to be?

Where is it going to be?

Castletroy,

:pac:

Adare Manor advertising for staff so must be opening soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

New barbers you say? Who's behind that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

3 barbers with 200 meters of each other

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

... in the largest student populated area in the city. I use one of the 3 and there have been times where I walked in to see 12-15 ahead of me.

Starbucks is still a few days away I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Where is it going to be?

It's where the flower shop used to be in the Castletroy Shopping Center/SuperQuin/SuperValu

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Harambe wrote: »
    New barbers you say? Who's behind that?

Its Flanagans barbers - they have a place in town also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

mitresize5 wrote: »
    3 barbers with 200 meters of each other

Madness

A lot of service outlets in this SC, barbers, hairdressers, coffee shops etc and very little by way of decent shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

A lot of service outlets in this SC, barbers, hairdressers, coffee shops etc and very little by way of decent shops.

I think the Castletroy centre doesn't lend itself to being the type of place big fashion chains would target as most of the units are too small. It's more a neighbourhood type centre really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Mr E wrote: »
    ... in the largest student populated area in the city. I use one of the 3 and there have been times where I walked in to see 12-15 ahead of me.

Starbucks is still a few days away I think.

Plus they're all too expensive, cut my own hair now. Need some turkish barbers in castletroy to bring the prices down and standards up.
    Should all be €10 for a cut - and that leaves the individual room for a tip depending on how happy he is with the cut.
    Stupid to be paying anything above that for something that takes a good barber 30 mins max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

damienirel wrote: »
    Plus they're all too expensive, cut my own hair now. Need some turkish barbers in castletroy to bring the prices down and standards up.

find the one across from Brew Bros, (with all the Eastern European ladies..i think) really good and reasonable. I cut my own a lot of the time but go there once a month generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

vkid wrote: »
    find the one across from Brew Bros, (with all the Eastern European ladies..i think) really good and reasonable. I cut my own a lot of the time but go there once a month generally.

Hmm can't say I agree - haircut is mediocre there and still too expensive last time I was there it was 15 quid - rip off for a 10 min cut.
    Actually that would be the last place in castletroy I would go to.
    Last time I got a haircut I paid for was that place over in Newtown. Good quality haircut and it was €10 - but still nowhere as good as a turkish barbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Hmm can't say I agree - haircut is mediocre there and still too expensive last time I was there it was 15 quid - rip off for a 10 min cut.
    Actually that would be the last place in castletroy I would go to.
    Last time I got a haircut I paid for was that place over in Newtown. Good quality haircut and it was €10 - but still nowhere as good as a turkish barbers.

I should qualify that by saying I haven't much to cut :D I just find it a decent place to get the head shaved compared to some other places..particularly in town

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

yes. johnny's is decent but a bit too pricey for me! I have loans to pay. bought the razor and do it myself now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Guys, you don't realise how lucky you are. €10 for a hair cut is nothing. Cheapest hair cut in Limerick for a women is about €50 :eek:

Advertisement