Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

panda100 wrote: »
    Guys, you don't realise how lucky you are. €10 for a hair cut is nothing. Cheapest hair cut in Limerick for a women is about €50 :eek:

I'll do you for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Guys, you don't realise how lucky you are. €10 for a hair cut is nothing. Cheapest hair cut in Limerick for a women is about €50 :eek:

Any idea what the reasons are for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

have a look here
    http://www.stmunchinscommunitycentre.ie/hair-dressers/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Fellas generally get their hair cut every 3 weeks.

How often do women get theirs done? My missus probably gets hers cut 3 times a year max.

Say a guy gets his hair cut 17 times a year at €15 thats €255. If a woman even gets hers cut 4 times a year by your price thats only €200..

Still feel we are lucky?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tefral wrote: »

How often do women get theirs done? My missus probably gets hers cut 3 times a year max.

Say a guy gets his hair cut 17 times a year at €15 thats €255. If a woman even gets hers cut 4 times a year by your price thats only €200..

Still feel we are lucky?

Every 3 weeks??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Still feel we are lucky?

Maybe if you got your haircut less your wife could afford to get her hair cut more than 3 times a year.

bigpink wrote: »
    Every 3 weeks??

Yup my friend owns the barber shop in the parkway and they hair dressers there. He told me thats the average for both

In fact several of my female friends only get theirs CUT 2 times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Yup my friend owns the barber shop in the parkway and they hair dressers there. He told me thats the average for both

Gets mine once a week or if not has to be every second week. Couldnt let it go any longer then two weeks even though it's still short to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Gets mine once a week or if not has to be every second week. Couldnt let it go any longer then two weeks even though it's still short to others.
    :eek: is all I can say to that

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

h3000 wrote: »

It's only a tenner a week or 15e every second week, thats for haircut and beard trim.

• Advertisement

Well sure if there is more like ya, then you've even strengthened my point more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

PL1425390Paul%20Galvin%20Tweed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Get mine cut once a month and it costs 21 in Figaro's

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

Starbucks opened today in Castletroy and done great business.....rumours of a well known limerick city restaurant opening out there next!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Can you tell your mate to tell his workers to hurry on when doing a haircut, honestly they take an age a good few times ive just walked out of there as they take about 40mins a head

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

lazyman wrote: »
    Starbucks opened today in Castletroy and done great business.....rumours of a well known limerick city restaurant opening out there next!

Bella Italia? I heard that today.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

lazyman wrote: »

That's quick! 1 week to kit out and open a restaurant. La Cucina?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

Bella Italia? I heard that today.

Ya that's what I heard yesterday too, next to hook and ladder and the health food place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Jofspring

That'll be 3 Italians all pretty close to each other. La Cucina, Bella Italia and Tuscany.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Does the Starbucks have a separate entrance or will it be confined to shopping centre opening hours?

There are a couple of places that have started doing it for €25. I saw a place on John St and another on Wickham St both advertising wash and cut for €25. I can't say anything about the quality of either but I'm thinking of trying one next time I get a cut. I only ever used to pay £20 in London and one of the hairdressers I used there used to include an actually really fantastic blow dry for that price. (I normally hate a faffy blowdry.) But I average a haircut every 13 months-ish, basically whenever I feel like a big style change. I find it pretty easy to freshen up layers and fringe myself with a decent scissors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

iguana wrote: »
    Does the Starbucks have a separate entrance or will it be confined to shopping centre opening hours?

Not 100% sure but I think I saw a separate entrance, similar to what TechStar has. Not sure what opening hours they're planning to operate there though, wouldn't imagine they'd be too different to that of the shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

iguana wrote: »

The flower shop had a separate entrance so I assume Starbucks retained it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

Hope it's not another Italian! Liking what they're doing with the space (crazy how much is done in a couple of months given it's been a black hole for years!) but another chain restaurant. Spare me! Might as well just make it a Dealz with the pattern of things.

What's with Limerick's fascination for fixating on one type of cuisine in blocks of time? For the past couple years it's been Thai as if that's a revelation and I think that's either matured or is declining. Now it's Italian. Would be nice for something a bit different. Even a new restaurant, or a new chain. I know Limerick's population density isn't exactly capable of having a new restaurant on every corner and going with the popular demand makes sense, but one can always hope it's something a tad more exciting than Bella Italia 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A bigger Lana would be good? They can barely cope in that space.

What's with Limerick's fascination for fixating on one type of cuisine in blocks of time? .
    Dublin/Cork/Galway/Azerbijan is much worse :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Berty wrote: »

Lack of parking there puts me right off that place. Are rents that expensive down in the SC???

The Castletroy centre had spiralled into a black hole of despair and doom there until the recent renovations and new tenants - I wouldn't blame anybody for looking at it 1 or 2 years ago and deciding against setting up there no matter what the rents were at the time. (imo purely as a consumer and no knowledge of business)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Whilst we're on the topic of Italian restaurants, I heard that Tuscany in Castletroy (Annacotty?) is expanding into the unit next door to it. Used to be a barbers but Dolores McNamara (who owns the place) recently increased the rents in those units, and forced the barber out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Whilst we're on the topic of Italian restaurants, I heard that Tuscany in Castletroy (Annacotty?) is expanding into the unit next door to it. Used to be a barbers but Dolores McNamara (who owns the place) recently increased the rents in those units, and forced the barber out.

Yeah, that's correct. Planning application is on the council website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Berty wrote: »

Was in there again recently for first time in ages. Staff were much better and food was also decent. The parking is an issue there though

Advertisement