Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Whilst we're on the topic of Italian restaurants, I heard that Tuscany in Castletroy (Annacotty?) is expanding into the unit next door to it. Used to be a barbers but Dolores McNamara (who owns the place) recently increased the rents in those units, and forced the barber out.

Like she'd have been short of a few quid!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

ongarboy wrote: »
    Like she'd have been short of a few quid!!!:eek:

To be fair, you buy a property portfolio to make money, not to make friends. How much money she has is nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Whilst we're on the topic of Italian restaurants, I heard that Tuscany in Castletroy (Annacotty?) is expanding into the unit next door to it. Used to be a barbers but Dolores McNamara (who owns the place) recently increased the rents in those units, and forced the barber out.

They definitely could do with more space out there alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Good times are back no one must be cooking

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

On the topic of Newtown, Bamburrys bookies has closed down...Not to everyone's taste but another business there closing down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

Starbucks Castletroy open until 10pm weekdays and 9pm weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Starbucks Castletroy open until 10pm weekdays and 9pm weekends.

That's just fantastic !

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They've done a great job with the unit, to be fair. It's well spaced out and comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Castletroy shopping centre is filling up nicely in the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

The Gino's Gelato franchise (Ice Creams, Waffles, Crepes, Shakes) will be one of the new openings in the Crescent Shopping Centre.

Been told that New Look are taking one of the new big units, wouldn't 100% trust the info though so let's see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Castletroy shopping centre is filling up nicely in the last while.

Anyone know whats going in the new stall where the e-cig shop used to be? That little stand (Vapour-something or other) has now moved into a little unit between the barbers and sweet shop, a lot better looking.

Work going on to build a new stall there though, was just wondering what's going in there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Townie_P wrote: »
    The Gino's Gelato franchise (Ice Creams, Waffles, Crepes, Shakes) will be one of the new openings in the Crescent Shopping Centre.

Been told that New Look are taking one of the new big units, wouldn't 100% trust the info though so let's see.

Is there not a shop like that already? Also newsagents does ice creams and slushys.disappointing new opening

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bigpink wrote: »
    Is there not a shop like that already? Also newsagents does ice creams and slushys.disappointing new opening

McDonald's do food too but that doesn't stop people going to a restaurant for something nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

bigpink wrote: »

The Gino shops in Dublin have constant queues as they offer the best waffles and gelato. They'll be a big hit in Limerick too!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Where is the new section of the Crescent being built? And when is it due to open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

ongarboy wrote: »
    The Gino shops in Dublin have constant queues as they offer the best waffles and gelato. They'll be a big hit in Limerick too!

Sounds a bit too positive for my liking. I'm holding out on a vegan conceptual space that plays radiohead on a recorder while beating customers with windfall branches.

Harambe wrote: »
    Where is the new section of the Crescent being built? And when is it due to open?

It's being built on the side where Subway, McCabes, Carphonewarehouse are situated. Haven't been out yet but I think it's nearly finished and a few businesses have moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Jofspring wrote: »
    It's being built on the side where Subway, McCabes, Carphonewarehouse are situated. Haven't been out yet but I think it's nearly finished and a few businesses have moved in.

Jesus, I didn't even notice. Just shows I spend all of my time down the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

What is moving in there I know subway have moved outside and ebs have moved but is there anything new moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

maryk123 wrote: »
    What is moving in there I know subway have moved outside and ebs have moved but is there anything new moving in.

Five guys

• Advertisement

Five guys

That confirmed though or still just a rumour?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jofspring wrote: »
    That confirmed though or still just a rumour?

Monorail station, Nandos, and Marks & Spencer, really. The 5 Guys thing is just a clever cover-story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

An File wrote: »
    Monorail station, Nandos, and Marks & Spencer, really. The 5 Guys thing is just a clever cover-story.

Poor place for a monorail station.....I hear those things are awfully loud...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

dashoonage wrote: »
    Poor place for a monorail station.....I hear those things are awfully loud...

Oh come on now, "It glides as softly as a cloud" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Strangely enough we actually have a train line running from the crescent into the city already.

Diesel engines never did glide like a cloud and being and old line, what about if the tracks bend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Berty wrote: »
    Strangely enough we actually have a train line running from the crescent into the city already.

Was just thinking that. That line may open with a station for the crescent, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

elastico wrote: »
    Was just thinking that. That line may open with a station for the crescent, eventually.

Eventually......maybe later this century but not in our life time, sure it makes sense so why do it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

elastico wrote: »

Pretty sure that's only a partial line, they removed the track were it crossed childers rd many years ago.

But it could serve as a great park and ride into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Pretty sure I only used that example to subtly add in a Song Lyric. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

Pretty sure that's only a partial line, they removed the track were it crossed childers rd many years ago.

But it could serve as a great park and ride into the city.

It's covered on the Childers road alright and I think the Ballinacurra road between the Childers road and Old Crescent.

It runs out to the Cement Factory so if they were to set up a park and ride facility there they could open the line to serve the Crescent and the city centre which would be great but that would need to go directly in to Colbert station so they'd need to run a track across Lower Carey's Road going by Google maps.

Again going by Google maps they could even run a line from a possible park and ride at the cement factory out to a possible park and ride out in Moyross serving the Crescent, the Rathbane area, Colbert Station, the Garryowen area, the Corbally area and the Moyross area, I think a lot of it may be single line though which wouldn't help.......sorry I'm dreaming here, someone please wake me!

Advertisement