Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

bigpink wrote: »
    Gasta failed so a strange move

Failed as a shop but seem to be doing ok with the meal plans. Saw on their Facebook that they're putting a kiosk (fridge I suppose) into a gym soon. So that's another revenue stream for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Maybe the gasta operetors going running the franchise for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

mrsoundie wrote: »
    More cleanse and detox malarky

"Steak, Egg & Cheese Grilled Breakfast Burrito
    scrambled egg, steak, aged cheddar, tomatoes"

I'd hate to see what people here are eating if this is classed as some hippy dippy weirdo detox food!

Breakfast burrito, Starbucks and a donut to kick off the day all within 60 seconds of each other. Awesome ;-) well the shine might go off it when I have to pay for it here rather it being a perk of the job...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That freshii place looks the business

Its a chain?People excited about a chain but didnt support a local business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

No offence to Gasta, I tried to support them, but didn't really like the food or the setup there. Good idea, but not great execution imo.
    Each to their own though.

vkid wrote: »
    No offence to Gasta, I tried to support them, but didn't really like the food or the setup there. Good idea, but not great execution imo.
    Each to their own though.

Agreed - they were overpriced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Jofspring

bigpink wrote: »
    Its a chain?People excited about a chain but didnt support a local business

From what gasta said when they were closing down it seemed to me more that they saw the other route they are taking as more fruitful rather than they weren't supported. I always saw people eating in there. From a business point of view they are probably seeing more profits without the overheads of rent, staff, rates etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

It was very expensive, and the sheer volume of packaging with every meal was very annoying. And there was a load of really unhealthy stuff on sale (although packaged as healthy) which seemed to go against its very ethos.

In other news, this forum's favourite café (The Stormy Teacup) is opening as a wine bar apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

zulutango wrote: »
    In other news, this forum's favourite café (The Stormy Teacup) is opening as a wine bar apparently.

Will they be serving the wine in jam jars like they do their tea :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

davo2001 wrote: »
    Will they be serveing the wine in jam jars like they do their tea :rolleyes:

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Will they be serving the wine in jam jars like they do their tea :rolleyes:

Have you been there since the new guy took over?
    Haven't got a 'jam jar'(were never actually jam jars) in months..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Have you been there since the new guy took over?
    Haven't got a 'jam jar'(were never actually jam jars) in months..

Yes I have and yes I got a frickin' jam jar!

This is what I was served tea in, is this that not what you would call a "jam jar"? Enlighten me!

This is what I was served tea in, is this that not what you would call a "jam jar"? Enlighten me!

Think that's a marmalade jar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

I believe thats a mason jar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

phill106 wrote: »
    I believe thats a mason jar?

Leave the Illuminati out of this.

I briefly worked in a place where a new guy turned up with his own jam jar in case he'd have to resort to drinking from normal drinking vessels.

Went to the Stormy Teacup and it wasnt great
    Actually they have a facebook video with a guy talking about a wine bar in an info commerical style doesnt suit the vibe of the place

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I still miss the Cellar Door...

An File wrote: »

Never got in there
    Stormy Teacup could be great but lacking
    Chez le Fab seem to be puttiing in huge effortt as an indie cafe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

That was my favourite place too. As much as I love Chez Le Fab it doesn't have the same cosiness as The Cellar Door.

Anyone know when that new vegan place, The Old Fire Station, is opening up? I thought they had said end of January?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

Funny how that corner hasn't worked since Kranks closed.
    Great childhood memories of Kranks, especially the original premises.

Never understood people affinity for Kranks, I got food poisoning from there back in the day.

Never understood people affinity for Kranks, I got food poisoning from there back in the day.

Simpler times Kranks was a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bring back Burgerland! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Used to love their pizzas when I was younger. I remember my father rang and asked if they did delivery and they said they could throw it in a taxi and we could pay the taxi driver for the trip when he arrived. Long time before the likes of dominos came to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Me too :( Loved that place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭adaminho

zulutango wrote: »
    In other news, this forum's favourite café (The Stormy Teacup)

Java's surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Freshii are actually really nice. Not sure if Chopped have an outlet in Limerick but Freshii are kinda the same concept! Really tasty food that is healthy but tastes great! I ordered from them almost daily when I worked in the IFSC on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Funny how that corner hasn't worked since Kranks closed.
    Great childhood memories of Kranks, especially the original premises.

Agreed. I went to UL in the early 90s and Kranks was always avoided by the UL students. It was either the Lobster Pot on Henry St (ah beat garlic and cheese chips ever!!) or Chicken Hut or if we were desperate, the Chernobyl Joes chip van that parked by the phone boxes next to Hurlers! For anyone born after 1995, a phone box or booth was something you used to call home when the student grant ran out as there was no such thing as mobile phones!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The former Cellar Door premises looks set to turned in to a bar/function room as part of plans by Flanagan's of Ballina to renovate the old Blind Pig.

• Advertisement

Town is really missing a place like the sibin

Advertisement