Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

17098679_10154469665642613_9033991201150705082_n.jpg?oh=45a4417679babc3f53ad856837665134&oe=592599DF

Always liked Punches, used be great there when the AIL was at its height when all the supporters from the different clubs would meet up after Saturday afternoon games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Was above having lunch in the green yard and they were working away today even. Looking forward to a alternative to fennesseys for a while.

I like the way they have mentioned the courtyard. Hopefully the make proper use of that space this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Work started on the derelict land on the site of the Topez filling station on the Tipperary Road. I remember some time back there was talk of some sort of drive through fast food place looking to set up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Does anyone know who is going to move into the new building adjacent to the one occupied by Northern Trust in Ballysimon? Passed it today and it's nearing completion. Also noticed that the land across the way from it (which was advertised as "development land") has a "sale agreed sticker" across the sign now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    Work started on the derelict land on the site of the Topez filling station on the Tipperary Road. I remember some time back there was talk of some sort of drive through fast food place looking to set up there.

Supermacs I understand. Doesn't seem a big site and parking would be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

bazz26 wrote: »

Supermacs is going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Does anyone know who is going to move into the new building adjacent to the one occupied by Northern Trust in Ballysimon? Passed it today and it's nearing completion. Also noticed that the land across the way from it (which was advertised as "development land") has a "sale agreed sticker" across the sign now.

AFAIK it's all going to be occupied by Northern Trust. They are hoping to move from their other building out past Milford and have everyone under one roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭goochy

Have not visited Limerick for since last Summer , going by whats reported here things seem to be picking up there ?

Are things improving in City centre/ o Connell street at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I don't see anything of real substance being opened. Plenty of coffee shops, fast food outlets, phone repair shops etc but nothing significant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Does anyone know what the headcount in Uber is at the moment???

Seems to be under initial projections from what I can gather

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I don't see anything of real substance being opened. Plenty of coffee shops, fast food outlets, phone repair shops etc but nothing significant.

I think WP Engine have moved into the old Franciscan biblical studies building on Cecil Street.

goochy wrote: »
    Have not visited Limerick for since last Summer , going by whats reported here things seem to be picking up there ?

I think things are certainly improving, but progress is painfully slow. Things are going in the right direction at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zulutango wrote: »
    I think WP Engine have moved into the old Franciscan biblical studies building on Cecil Street.

Yeah, they're in there a couple of weeks I think. Had been in City Hall up until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the headcount in Uber is at the moment???

Seems to be under initial projections from what I can gather

Not sure of a figure but I can definitely notice their presence in town, especially at lunchtime. I'm still quite pleased they chose the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Article today in the Examiner.
    Three hundred service industry jobs have been announced at the five-star Adare Manor hotel and golf resort.

Recruitment is already underway to fill the roles for when the resort is expected to re-open in September, following a major upgrade.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/300-jobs-announced-at-jp-mcmanus-owned-adare-manor-hotel-and-golf-resort-780186.html

Not sure of a figure but I can definitely notice their presence in town, especially at lunchtime. I'm still quite pleased they chose the city centre.

Yeah, they're having a big impact. I think the shortage in rental accommodation in the city centre is very much down to Uber and Glass Lewis to a lesser extent. Their employees are young and don't want to live in the suburbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ClareMigrant

AFAIK it's all going to be occupied by Northern Trust. They are hoping to move from their other building out past Milford and have everyone under one roof.

Not true in the slightest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

goochy wrote: »

I work in the city centre and our sales are down 10% for the same period last year

I work in the city centre and our sales are down 10% for the same period last year

Which period do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not true in the slightest

Do you actually know what's going in there ??

I've heard vague rumours that the intention is to attract more financial services companies...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Do you actually know what's going in there ??

I've heard vague rumours that the intention is to attract more financial services companies...
    financial services companies and coffee shops! Brings me back to the good old days before the last recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It would probably depend on what service and product you are offering and whether your competitors are offering a superior, desirable or more relevant product for 2017 to really determine if your 10% reduction is reflective of a general downturn in the city...which judging by the economy in general (increased employment, consumer confidence, disposable income etc) and anecdotal evidence on threads like this seems to suggest otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Seems like something is going in where Crunch fitness used to be. Doing a good bit of work there last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,570 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So, will M&S be opening for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes, any Christmas now. I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Mc Love wrote: »
    Seems like something is going in where Crunch fitness used to be. Doing a good bit of work there last few weeks

Golds gym

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

M&S would be a nice addition to the city centre (jokes aside). Most of their recent stores seem to be in retail parks and out of centre shopping centres though.

They go where they will most likely make a profit, and I'm not sure Limerick city centre is currently attracting the footfall. If they were bold enough they could be a catalyst to attracting the footfall.

Now.... If the monorail was complete...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

zulutango wrote: »
    Isn't that where Innovate Limerick are setting up to provide skilled workers for Troy Studios?

Also, what's the story with that building? It looks fairly new but I've only ever heard of it as the former bible studies building. Was it open long?

• Advertisement

pigtown wrote:
    Also, what's the story with that building? It looks fairly new but I've only ever heard of it as the former bible studies building. Was it open long?

Probably built about 10 or so years ago. It's beautiful on the inside. One of the finest modern buildings in the city, in my opinion.

Advertisement