Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Sports Direct opened today. It's downstairs with USC. Heatons is now upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Vanquished wrote: »
    Bella Italia are due to open at the Castletroy Town Centre in the unit beside Hook & Ladder. Permission for a change of use to cafe/restaurant has been granted by the council but this can still be appealed to An Bord Pleanala.

Apparently Hook & Ladder are doing a complete refurb and they are also opening a take-away kiosk in the centre near the new flower kiosk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

pigtown wrote: »
    Apparently Hook & Ladder are doing a complete refurb and they are also opening a take-away kiosk in the centre near the new flower kiosk.

There was definitely one and possibly a second kiosk being assembled when I visited last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

what id really like to see out there is somewhere decent for take away salad type food like a chopped etc

dashoonage wrote: »
    what id really like to see out there is somewhere decent for take away salad type food like a chopped etc

Same! Blazing Salads in Dublin is good too!

• Advertisement

The only real option to grab something quick is to go to one of the petrol station deli's , I think a salad bar type place would do well out there. I know there is a new cafe due to open in the tech park but not sure what it will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭goochy

Rabbit food in the go ? Why not just have a bag of lettuce with you in the car to munch on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Does that mean limerick travel are closing.??

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

sioda wrote: »
    Does that mean limerick travel are closing.??

Application is for change of use of floors 1, 2 and 3 over existing retail so i would assume ground floor stays open as is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Application is for change of use of floors 1, 2 and 3 over existing retail so i would assume ground floor stays open as is.

Changes to the gound floor are mentioned too.

(b) existing WC & storage areas at lower ground floor level, to include provision of new separate dining & lounge room areas, gymnasium, steam room, WC facilities & storage areas to serve the proposed new guest house accommodation (c) section of ground & upper ground floor retail unit to circulation route to serve new guest house accommodation

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Missed that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Has sports direct opened yet

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Has sports direct opened yet

Yes it opened on Friday.

Harambe wrote: »
    Yes it opened on Friday.

I knew there was an increase of tracksuits around the place.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Just heard on the radio that Iceland is opening a store in Limerick.

Just heard on the radio that Iceland is opening a store in Limerick.

I wonder where. Moyross? Would be good to get a supermarket back in to Watchhouse Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

I wonder where. Moyross? Would be good to get a supermarket back in to Watchhouse Cross

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/john-gilligan-people-of-moyross-not-to-blame-for/

it will be another 30 years before a supermarket chain goes near there again

No it wouldn't

• Advertisement

No it wouldn't

Makes no difference to me but I know of people who have to go to Dunnes on Henry Street on the bus to get to a supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Moyross was once mentioned as a location for it but it seems the off license in there could affect that.

Don't forget that , mostly, Iceland markets itself to a low income household and there's little competition out there unless you drive.

The old woodwork store across from johnseys was considered as a location for either aldi or lidl so there's a maybe location as well.

Makes no difference to me but I know of people who have to go to Dunnes on Henry Street on the bus to get to a supermarket.

Me neither but would you open a business of any kind in Moyross?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

mitresize5 wrote: »
    https://www.live95fm.ie/news/john-gilligan-people-of-moyross-not-to-blame-for/

it will be another 30 years before a supermarket chain goes near there again

Its Moyross they are going into according to the Leader.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/244425/iceland-foods-to-open-in-limerick.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

vkid wrote: »
    Its Moyross they are going into according to the Leader.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/244425/iceland-foods-to-open-in-limerick.html

They will regret that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They'll be busy anyway. Only one around so they'll draw a crowd to be sure.

I went to Iceland once in Clonmel and you couldn't do a full shop there so it's fine for people who want to go here for veg, somewhere for meat and there for frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭goochy

will need some big eastern European security guard on door.

goochy wrote: »
    will need some big eastern European security guard on door.

Or a full blown riot squad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I find Iceland generally sells a lot of frozen processed microwave type food and junk food ( e.g. Frozen baked potatoes with beans and cheese on top). Your weekly nutritional needs will not be met by shopping just in Iceland. Working class communities are its biggest custom base so I can see it being popular in the proposed location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

My brother has a service contract with a chap with a few centra type shops in Dublin. His business model is to go into the areas the Gardai won't even go. They are actually a goldmine, all you need is a hot food counter on all day, soft drinks in the fridges, plenty of fags and row security guards. The owner is turning well into the millions a year.

Advertisement