Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Berty wrote: »
    The old woodwork store across from johnseys was considered as a location for either aldi or lidl so there's a maybe location as well.

that was only ever a rumor

its houses they want to build

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

vkid wrote: »
    Its Moyross they are going into according to the Leader.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/244425/iceland-foods-to-open-in-limerick.html

Mother of jaysus, not being a snob or anything, but unless they're looking at attracting exclusively immediate locals it's a bit of an odd place to put it.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Mother of jaysus, not being a snob or anything, but unless they're looking at attracting exclusively immediate locals it's a bit of an odd place to put it.

Odd is an understatement. I hope they have good public liability insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Wasn't the high cost of liability insurance due to the volume of claims the reason Supervalu give for shutting in that premises?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Could you make it up Man slips in Iceland says floor was slippy !

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

colm_mcm wrote: »

Not the first place I would have thought of but I don't think it's very odd. Watchhouse Cross had the cheapest petrol in Limerick one time and people drove out there from all over the city.

People will go where their wallets tell 'em.

It's also 10 minutes from Westbury via Parteen so easily accessible for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭goochy

Any sign of lyons New jaguar land rover place opening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

It's open a few weeks now.

Impressive? Is it right on top of Ford place. ? Waterford jaguar land rover almost finished .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's like most other car showrooms, nothing really special from what I can see. Built in an awkward spot with not a huge amount of space outside. Better than the existing posh portacabin though.

Will be interesting to hear when Joe Duffy Audi finally start developing their new site next to Conlan's BMW.

It would have been better beside volvo but assume they didn't want the competition between two showrooms
    Frank Hogan is lagging behind with mercedes now but assume he will be allowed to continue with premises as is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Not the first place I would have thought of but I don't think it's very odd. Watchhouse Cross had the cheapest petrol in Limerick one time and people drove out there from all over the city.

People will go where their wallets tell 'em.

It's also 10 minutes from Westbury via Parteen so easily accessible for a lot of people.
    plus 1,you would think with some of the posts in here,that they were investors in Iceland.Why post a negative comment about moyross,unless it directly imposes on you.Do not post sarcastic comments.I don't post in tallaght forums,Why?I'm from Limerick.ie,if you live in raheen,don't worry about what's happening in moyross.

Seeing as you like censorship , how about moving to north Korea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

kerrylad1 wrote: »
    plus 1,you would think with some of the posts in here,that they were investors in Iceland.Why post a negative comment about moyross,unless it directly imposes on you.Do not post sarcastic comments.I don't post in tallaght forums,Why?I'm from Limerick.ie,if you live in raheen,don't worry about what's happening in moyross.

Moyross is looking great these days in my opinion. Hopefully placing something novel like Iceland nearby might draw more people to the area.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

goochy wrote: »
    Seeing as you like censorship , how about moving to north Korea ?

Great bargins in the Limerick Forum. Two warnings for the price of one.

This is an open discussion, so people can post, even if they aren't living in Limerick. Or even in the country for all I care.

Keep it civil, or take it elsewhere.

Thanks

Mark

Moyross is looking great these days in my opinion. Hopefully placing something novel like Iceland nearby might draw more people to the area.
    I'm not long home from a long run,that included 3 miles in moyross and 4/5 in caherdavin,old cratloe road area.If you were not from Limerick,you would find it hard to guess which area,is moyross.That estate just behind watch house cross,would put many privately owned estates to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I'm not long home from a long run,that included 3 miles in moyross and 4/5 in caherdavin,old cratloe road area.If you were not from Limerick,you would find it hard to guess which area,is moyross.That estate just behind watch house cross,would put many privately owned estates to shame.

There's been a lot of regeneration. Houses knocked and new apartment blocks. hopefully it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

My issue wouldnt be with it being in moyross...my issue is its a bloody long treck for some frozen peas!

Chippers Bookies & Store selling Processed Food should be sustainable in that area anyone brave enough to open the obligatory Off Licence ?

• Advertisement

I would say your pace picks up running through moyross ?? Lol

tbh no I know a lot of fine decent folk there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

It's fine, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

There are a few down hill sections, so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's certainly not a Knocknaheeny or Hollyhill anyway these days Goochy.

Private message me,and we can arrange a meet up.I will bring you for a run out there some morning.You mite eat humble pie when you see how well the majority of the houses look out there.Anyway it's great news for the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Private message me,and we can arrange a meet up.I will bring you for a run out there some morning.You mite eat humble pie when you see how well the majority of the houses look out there.Anyway it's great news for the locals.

Post of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sure no wonder its great now , Regeneration moved all the rough people out to villages in the county ruining them in the process..........

Ruined a load of small villages and areas just to fix up Moyross and get a bit of publicity

Sure no wonder its great now , Regeneration moved all the rough people out to villages in the county ruining them in the process..........

Ruined a load of small villages and areas just to fix up Moyross and get a bit of publicity
    I'm very interested to know what villages,people moving into from moyross have ruined?Serious question bye the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭geotrig

iguana wrote: »
    Wasn't the high cost of liability insurance due to the volume of claims the reason Supervalu give for shutting in that premises?

I wondered about this , and i reckon it was used as a bit of a scapegoat. Alot of supervalues the way they are run you would wonder how they stay open , also i was in there once ,the idea of having a post office at the back was the oddest thing ive ever seen !

Advertisement