Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Actually the post office thing makes sense for any business to have in there. You get people to enter your store to do their post office business and they will, more often that not, conduct another transaction before leaving the store.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

1nfoqp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭flutered

goochy wrote: »
    Seeing as you like censorship , how about moving to north Korea ?
    how about coming out from behind the lappy and having a nice brisk run with the guy, fresh air and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭goochy

sorry is there some point to that ?? doesn't sound like someone I would like to run with ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I went for a run around Rathkeale yesterday and saw two Llamas tethered to a caravan outside a house. Don't see that running n Moyross.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

4199675334_66c3e3d61d_z.jpg?zz=1

Could EVERYONE loot at the title to this thread please.

Repeat offenders will be upgraded from warnings, to weekly bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Anyone have any idea as to what is going into the new units in the Crescent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Exeggcute wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea as to what is going into the new units in the Crescent?

Five Guys,Zizzi, a&f, Hollister and Paddy Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Five Guys

Really? I've heard there burgers are unreal (never actually had one though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

If that's true that is pretty crap to be honest.

Would it kill them to get one healthy food option out there?

• Advertisement

I don't trust that fancy list of stores(on account of A&F and Hollister being the same company) ^^^ but I will comment about Five Guys.

Yes, they are expensive but they're not grossly expensive compared to an Eddie Rockets(or whatever they're going by now). I've eaten in Dundrum and London and the quality of the food is good, free peanuts(kind of weird) and free refills from the self service machine which is mad because the one in London had 36 options of liquid in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Exeggcute wrote: »
    If that's true that is pretty crap to be honest.

Would it kill them to get one healthy food option out there?

They will rent space to whoever wants it.
    If a healthy eating company thinks they will make a profit there, then they will open there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sweet jebus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Berty wrote: »
    I don't trust that fancy list of stores(on account of A&F and Hollister being the same company) ^^^ but I will comment about Five Guys.

Yes, they are expensive but they're not grossly expensive compared to an Eddie Rockets(or whatever they're going by now). I've eaten in Dundrum and London and the quality of the food is good, free peanuts(kind of weird) and free refills from the self service machine which is mad because the one in London had 36 options of liquid in it.

Sorry meant Aeropostale not Hollister, think Dealz are taking a unit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Wouldn't be surprised if the salad bar chopped went in there too, They are due to open in limerick somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Berty wrote: »

Sorry meant Aeropostale not Hollister, think Dealz are taking a unit as well.
    I thought Aeropostale pulled out of Ireland. They closed their only store in Liffey Valley last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

ongarboy wrote: »
    I thought Aeropostale pulled out of Ireland. They closed their only store in Liffey Valley last month.

You're right they definitely have pulled out of Ireland. It must have been part of their store closures in the US. I don't think Hollister or A&F are as popular in Ireland now either compared to when they opened their first stores in Dublin and there were queues outside the stores of teenagers and their parents waiting to go in. If either brand had opened a store in Limerick a few years ago they would have been very popular. I don't think they would do half as well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I really doubt A&F or Hollister will open. I wouldn't be surprised if A&F closed their College Green store in the next few years.

Not as popular on account of their constant sales and free delivery from Hollister EU website. I've a few deliveries from them, same goes for the Superdry eBay store.

I bought two items in the aeropostale store in Dublin and the clearance prices were okay. I shopped in their times Square one and the prices were nearly Penney's prices for stuff on sale.

Surprised the Liffey valley store didn't hold, seems their target audience, that an Dundrum.

Target audience for Limerick as far as i can see is now McKenzie. (tongue in cheek before people lose their ****)

Also unusual that only Subway has taken a unit in the new part at the front of the centre. Other units still remain empty even though they're finished since after Christmas. Surely you'd nearly have your tenants lined up before you complete the building?

• Advertisement

Also unusual that only Subway has taken a unit in the new part at the front of the centre. Other units still remain empty even though they're finished since after Christmas. Surely you'd nearly have your tenants lined up before you complete the building?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Sometimes developments are built as speculative. Risk of course is units lying idle for years. I'm surprised Starbucks hasn't made an appearance into one of those units. It seems the front of the Crescent gets a fraction of the footfall that the more modern rear section gets so maybe big name retailers are put off.

Apart from the units lying empty, does the front look more improved and modern since they added the units?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

ongarboy wrote: »
    Apart from the units lying empty, does the front look more improved and modern since they added the units?

They're phasing out the red brick facade and I think it looks much better now. Bit of open space too which is nicely paved, makes it more pedestrian friendly. A good improvement I think

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The shops themselves will determine the footfall I think. It certainly looks more modern and airy there now. It's amazing there's no electrical store in there, do these generally stick to retail parks these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The shops themselves will determine the footfall I think. It certainly looks more modern and airy there now. It's amazing there's no electrical store in there, do these generally stick to retail parks these days?

Argos do a lot of smaller electrical items. Tesco too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not the same for a bored bloke though!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not the same for a bored bloke though!

The nearest entrance to the Crescent from me is about a 3 min walk from my front door. I have two couches, a big TV with all the channels, several consoles, a fridge that usually has booze in it, unlimited Wi-Fi and various other electronics. Surely this time next year I'll be a millionaire if I charge €10 a man at the door? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

The nearest entrance to the Crescent from me is about a 3 min walk from my front door. I have two couches, a big TV with all the channels, several consoles, a fridge that usually has booze in it, unlimited Wi-Fi and various other electronics. Surely this time next year I'll be a millionaire if I charge €10 a man at the door?

Good plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

Bella Italia have confirmed they are opening in the Castletroy Shopping Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

I'm hearing New Look, Gap and Nandos (I know!) are three of the new tenants going into the Crescent.

Advertisement