Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

skirteen wrote: »
    I'm hearing New Look, Gap and Nandos (I know!) are three of the new tenants going into the Crescent.

I would have opened a Nando's in the crescent years ago had they done franchises, it will clean up. The food choices in the crescent wouldn't be exactly the best IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Having visited Nandos I think the set up is good and people really do like free refills. Nandos only job is to sit you down and cook for you and bring it to your table. You've to order your food at the counter, pay for it, get your own drinks, sauces, cutlery, napkins etc and the portions aren't great.

I've been in 2 in the UK, Liffey Valley and Dundrum. I'll stick with TGIs when looking for that type of food.

Oh, and we could do with a Wagamama as well.

Berty wrote: »
    Having visited Nandos I think the set up is good and people really do like free refills. Nandos only job is to sit you down and cook for you and bring it to your table. You've to order your food at the counter, pay for it, get your own drinks, sauces, cutlery, napkins etc and the portions aren't great.

I've been in 2 in the UK, Liffey Valley and Dundrum. I'll stick with TGIs when looking for that type of food.

Oh, and we could do with a Wagamama as well.

Wagamama would be nice but we aren't exactly stuck for that style of food in Limerick. I was in one in London last summer and it was great, was in one in Dubai last week and it was fairly poor which was funny as we both ordered the exact same meals.

Is Dealz really opening in the Crescent?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭d1980

Not sure if anyone saw on limerick post but candle shop in crescent is closing but on the ad, apart from thanking customers, they were not given an opportunity to renew their lease so maybe a waitlist out in crescent!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

d1980 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone saw on limerick post but candle shop in crescent is closing but on the ad, apart from thanking customers, they were not given an opportunity to renew their lease so maybe a waitlist out in crescent!!

Might that not be a way to bow out gracefully rather than say that they couldnt afford to keep running?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Parchment wrote: »
    Might that not be a way to bow out gracefully rather than say that they couldnt afford to keep running?

wasn't it mentioned here that the crescent want to expand the unit into the one next store

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭d1980

Parchment wrote: »

They did say that they are looking for alternative premises in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

According to a post on twitter from Galway Bay Brewery, they're signing the lease for O'Donnell's today with work commencing next week. It's been a long wait so far but hopefully everything goes smoothly now and they'll be open in time for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

JoeLapira wrote: »
    According to a post on twitter from Galway Bay Brewery, they're signing the lease for O'Donnell's today with work commencing next week. It's been a long wait so far but hopefully everything goes smoothly now and they'll be open in time for the summer.

The most protracted pub opening ever! Hopefully this isn't another false dawn. That part of town has really come on a lot recently, in terms of business openings anyway (the old fire station, flanagans of ballina, etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'd like to see a Superdrug open in the Crescent. The one in town isn't the most exciting looking, but pricewise they're miles better than Boots. The offers are always much better, but the products on their own are cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Was in Yankee candle a week ago, I asked the girl what the craic is with the shop and she thinks they are looking to close the shop in crescent and open a unit in town

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

There's a dessert/pastry shop gone into Arthur's Quay. It's where the parking office used to be next to Tesco. In between the elevators.

Thought I was seeing things when I walked passed. Bought a v nice lemon tart. Seems like an odd place for a shop but hope they do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Wish them well but some retailers have no clue about the concept of "footfall"

Will buy a cake the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's a dessert/pastry shop gone into Arthur's Quay. It's where the parking office used to be next to Tesco. In between the elevators.

Thought I was seeing things when I walked passed. Bought a v nice lemon tart. Seems like an odd place for a shop but hope they do well.

They're serving cakes from a hatch? Fair enough! :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I saw it when it was cleared. Was wondering what they were going to squeeze in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I've tried it as well - I got a millefeuille and an eclair. Very, very nice.

They're serving cakes from a hatch? Fair enough! :pac:

:-p The hatch/desk is gone and you can walk in.

Oh that's not too bad then! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Is there anything other than coffee shops,little cafes, euro shops, pop up bookshops, cheap phone gadget shops, opening up in Limerick? It is now gone tacky as well as run down!

• Advertisement

Is there anything other than coffee shops,little cafes, euro shops, pop up bookshops, cheap phone gadget shops, opening up in Limerick? It is now gone tacky as well as run down!

I agree. Every time I see this thread updated I get excited thinking it'll be something amazing. Hasn't happened in a while. Of course the local council, local press and local media whores make you believe otherwise.

The new place in Arthur's Quay isn't a cafe though. It's like someone from the Milk Market fancied moving indoors. That sort of quality. Will go back there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Ah yeah but sure at least there's also more e-cigarette shops opening up!

These provide yet another indication of the increased confidence being shown in Limerick city centre and add greatly to the quality and variety of the retail offering! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭flutered

a marker as to the amount of spending money advailable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

flutered wrote: »
    a marker as to the amount of spending money advailable

Oh right. Would they be the same markers we had in '08 when these 'entrepeneurs' went bust owing millions which they never repaid and are now opening up again-except that this time they REALLY know how to go bust and leave their creditors high and dry!

The e cig shop on riches st is moving into the former sweet shop on the corner leaving the old unit empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

is it bright pink if it is I mixed the paint for that unit :pac:

The e cig shop on riches st is moving into the former sweet shop on the corner leaving the old unit empty.

Are you actually kidding me? That's what's going in there? FML!!!

Are you actually kidding me? That's what's going in there? FML!!!

I, for one, welcome our new vaping overlords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭flutered

Oh right. Would they be the same markers we had in '08 when these 'entrepeneurs' went bust owing millions which they never repaid and are now opening up again-except that this time they REALLY know how to go bust and leave their creditors high and dry!
    as one of the folks who was told to commit sucide by the dear leader of the time, what do you think

Advertisement