Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

I noticed when driving out of town the other day (unless I was seeing things) that the old Sash/Esquire unit on O'Connell St had window decals on it saying 'Franklin's Shoe Repairs Opening Soon' or something to that effect. Anyone know what the story is there? Is it Franklin's on Catherine St or Franklin's on Sarsfield St that are moving there? Or opening a second store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Townie_P wrote: »
    I noticed when driving out of town the other day (unless I was seeing things) that the old Sash/Esquire unit on O'Connell St had window decals on it saying 'Franklin's Shoe Repairs Opening Soon' or something to that effect. Anyone know what the story is there? Is it Franklin's on Catherine St or Franklin's on Sarsfield St that are moving there? Or opening a second store?

Franklins on Sarsfield Street are relocating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I wonder if something is happening with the old O'Sullivan's unit and Franklin's old unit?

Said this before but it's a pity PTSB put all the money into the new branch on O'Connell Street, could nearly have knocked everything from Bank of Ireland to Hook and Ladder and redevelop that part of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Said this before but it's a pity PTSB put all the money into the new branch on O'Connell Street, could nearly have knocked everything from Bank of Ireland to Hook and Ladder and redevelop that part of town.

I like the idea of having a city centre plaza and maybe that block would be a good location. The only buildings of historical significance would be the Hook and Ladder one and the old church where the central cinema used be. Not sure permission would be given to knock these.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Saw some building work happening on Kennedy o Briens pub today

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Very strange having 2 shops of the same business so near each other

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

Any idea why? Someone mentioned before that the O'Sullivans building was going to be leveled and re-developed, thus why O'Sullivan's moved. It appears it's no longer on the market for letting either. It was previously advertised with a rent asking price of €100k per annum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

A lot of heavy work going on at the new Canteen premises on Catherine St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

A lot of heavy work going on at the new Canteen premises on Catherine St.

Canteen are moving? What unit are they moving into?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

PetKing wrote: »
    Canteen are moving? What unit are they moving into?

The former Falcon Travel building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Any idea why? Someone mentioned before that the O'Sullivans building was going to be leveled and re-developed, thus why O'Sullivan's moved. It appears it's no longer on the market for letting either. It was previously advertised with a rent asking price of €100k per annum.

No idea why they're moving. I would have thought they had a nice spot on Sarsfield Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

work happening in the old bamburys unit in thomondgate today

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

All of the units in the cruises street car park, Denmark street, have builders in them having early stages of work happening.

What that is, I don't know or who it's for but seeing as they already needed work it might be to get them fit for leasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Berty wrote: »
    All of the units in the cruises street car park, Denmark street, have builders in them having early stages of work happening.

What that is, I don't know or who it's for but seeing as they already needed work it might be to get them fit for leasing.

Is that the Denmark Street Car Park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Is that the Denmark Street Car Park ?

The Cruises St car park is in Denmark Street. The units are on the ground floor of the car park. Small enough units. Think Glitzy Bitz or something similar was in there one time.

Freshii are opening on Thomas Street on May 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Vanquished wrote: »
    Freshii are opening on Thomas Street on May 22nd.

Yay! Any idea of the hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Finally....it's been confirmed that work is underway by Galway Bay Brewery on O'Donnells on Wickham Street. They just posted this picture on twitter (see attachement). Looks like they've a lot of work ahead of them though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Possibly the wrong thread but the boardwalk streetfood market is back on Wednesdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Finally....it's been confirmed that work is underway by Galway Bay Brewery on O'Donnells on Wickham Street. They just posted this picture on twitter (see attachement). Looks like they've a lot of work ahead of them though...

6 weeks until opening according to twitter.

pigtown wrote:
    Possibly the wrong thread but the boardwalk streetfood market is back on Wednesdays

I saw 'happy food at home' there last week and couldnt reccomend more. Delicious vegan food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dunworth1 wrote: »
    work happening in the old bamburys unit in thomondgate today

seemingly this is going to be some kind of DIY shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

panda100 wrote: »
    6 weeks until opening according to twitter.

I saw 'happy food at home' there last week and couldnt reccomend more. Delicious vegan food.

Said no-one ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

pigtown wrote: »

And once again, they're all bunched together making queing a nightmare like last year. Spare me this town!

g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

The Cruises St car park is in Denmark Street. The units are on the ground floor of the car park. Small enough units. Think Glitzy Bitz or something similar was in there one time.

I was parked there for a little while yesterday afternoon and it seemed to me that the builders fitting out these units were in and out of the kebab shop just up the road across from Clohesseys. It wouldn't surprise me if the kebab place was moving down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

pigtown wrote: »

What is this?

EDIT: Never mind, found info here for anyone else who doesn't know:

http://www.ilovelimerick.ie/2016/limerick-street-food-market-thrives-boardwalk/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Vision 2 opticians opening in a unit on Sarsfield St.

source wrote: »
    Vision 2 opticians opening in a unit on Sarsfield St.

Relocating from Henry Street I'd imagine. Good to see one of those long vacant units being filled at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

godfrey wrote: »
    And once again, they're all bunched together making queing a nightmare like last year. Spare me this town!

g

The person who organises does it on his spare time. Give him a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Planning notice on the craft hub unit on lower Cecil street for change of use from retail to cafe/bakery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mc Love wrote: »
    The person who organises does it on his spare time. Give him a break.

A bit of constructive criticism never hurt anybody.
    Good to see it's back anyway, same line up as last year or have they added?

Advertisement