Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Exeggcute wrote: »
    The people of Limerick should be rightly pissed off at Dunnes for leaving two prime retail units abandoned and derelict in the heart of the city. It is disgraceful

This is their modus operandi in town centres all over the country. There's a discussion about similar prick-acting by them in the Tralee thread over on the Kerry forum at the moment as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

keane2097 wrote: »
    This is their modus operandi in town centres all over the country. There's a discussion about similar prick-acting by them in the Tralee thread over on the Kerry forum at the moment as well.

Correct, similar trend emerging in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Exeggcute wrote:
    The people of Limerick should be rightly pissed off at Dunnes for leaving two prime retail units abandoned and derelict in the heart of the city. It is disgraceful

I note from the Limerick Leader that they have applied for planning permission for a restaurant at their O'Connell Street unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone know what's going on next to Heiton Buckleys on the Tipperary Road?

Seems to be a site being cleared out for something.....more than likely a Monorail Station with a vape shop attached :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

...and wexford. They kept the largest premises on the towns main street shut and vacant for years,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I note from the Limerick Leader that they have applied for planning permission for a restaurant at their O'Connell Street unit.

Where exactly is this O'Connell Street unit (what other shops is it near to, for example)? Trying to picture it, but can't place it...

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Where exactly is this O'Connell Street unit (what other shops is it near to, for example)? Trying to picture it, but can't place it...

Between BOI and Permanent TSB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Treepole wrote: »
    Between BOI and Permanent TSB

Ah! Cheers, I know the one ye are referring to now!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

Anyone else suspicious that this planning permission is Dunnes trying to avoid the building being identified as derelict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

You can order a SIM online at any time. The SIM will come loaded with your €20 credit and plan to use. If you're moving your number from another network it can take 2 hours. You can set up a recurring top up through your My3 account when you receive the new SIM. You can check out the Prepay add on we have available

Strettie11 wrote:
    Anyone else suspicious that this planning permission is Dunnes trying to avoid the building being identified as derelict.

No. There is a To Let sign on it so I presume they want bring it back into use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

[/B]

Of course the changing face of retail is what is causing the biggest obstacle, the movement of spend online is being reflected on high streets all over the world, and in our case, with our poor city centre footfall I can't see the shopping landscape changing that much anytime soon...

I am probably on my own on this but I don't see that as a major issue, city centre's are completely different to shopping centres and offer a whole different experience...major job announcements and much better accommodation is what the city centre needs in my opinion... but then I can't understand how anybody would choose to spend time in a shopping centre v city centre, nothing more sterile than a shopping centre...

In answer to your last comment the answer is parking, parking and parking. Lack of on street parking and very expensive car parks. If I'm going for lunch the last thing I want to do is add another €5+ onto my lunch bill for parking. Same with going for a meander around the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Crea wrote: »
    In answer to your last comment the answer is parking, parking and parking. Lack of on street parking and very expensive car parks. If I'm going for lunch the last thing I want to do is add another €5+ onto my lunch bill for parking. Same with going for a meander around the shops.

There is ample on street parking in town, more than enough and if I'm not mistaken it's 2e an hour which is the same price as a car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

There is ample on street parking in town, more than enough and if I'm not mistaken it's 2e an hour which is the same price as a car park.

I go into town 2 or three times a week, and always manage to get on street parking, maybe not right outside the door of where I want to go but there is plenty of space.
    I pay for parking over the phone with eparking and you pay for how many minutes you use e.g. 50c for 30 mins, I find it handy anyway.

Ned Kellys has opened in Newcastle West. Formerly Goodfellas. Lovely little pub.

Strettie11 wrote: »

They seem to have put several buildings in various towns 'up for sale' lately, so I'd say either their long standing policy of keeping buildings in prime locations unoccupied has changed, or a lot of them were due to be declared derelict at the same time.

Could probably be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

An Asian place called Ramen is going to be opening the crescent.

shanmo wrote: »

One of the new units?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

One of the new units?

No, it's going to replace Sorrento (formerly Del Arte and Spur)

Didn't even know Del Arte was gone!

I thought it would be one of the new units.. I thought someone else had taken over the del arte place. Also, surely that would be too big?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Didn't even know Del Arte was gone!

I didnt even know Spur was gone!!!

dashoonage wrote: »
    I didnt even know Spur was gone!!!

Jesus. I thought I was bad :pac:

Fingers crossed that new place does ramen

shanmo wrote: »

They're a Cork chain. They're not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I've eaten in the one on turners cross and thought quite the opposite..

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

Not a business guru by any means but HMV wouldn't have closed their Irish arm of the business if they had money to make. Good luck to Golden Discs but I wonder how long they can last.

HMV Limerick in Crescent was very profitable. I heard from staff that it turned over €2m in the last year, with half that at xmas alone. One store couldn't keep the entire Irish chain open obviously.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Always get a good meal in the one near UCC!
    Will be a good addition

Dennehys Cross ?

The menu looks good. At least it'll be something different for the crescent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

The Mace shop in Newtown Annacotty is changing to Centra.

Advertisement