Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Dennehys Cross ?

Potato/potato. Im sure you knew what I meant rog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

lazyman wrote: »
    The Mace shop in Newtown Annacotty is changing to Centra.

I wonder if it'll get the swanky fitout the one in town has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There is ample on street parking in town, more than enough and if I'm not mistaken it's 2e an hour which is the same price as a car park.

There's too much on street parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

zulutango wrote: »

I agree. I don't mind on street parking for certain streets but they should do away with on street parking on O'Connell St. It's the main street running through town and you'll always get people slowing up traffic cause they can't parallel park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

also too many taxi ranks

• Advertisement

I agree. I don't mind on street parking for certain streets but they should do away with on street parking on O'Connell St. It's the main street running through town and you'll always get people slowing up traffic cause they can't parallel park.

Traffic is too fast on O'Connell Street as it is! Thankfully that'll change with the refurb work they're doing. If we'd any ambition as a city we'd have no cars on it at all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I wonder if it'll get the swanky fitout the one in town has.

Different owner, but it's a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Heard that Chawkes are changing away from Centra..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Potato/potato. Im sure you knew what I meant rog.

Not really, they're about 2 miles away from each other, I thought you might have meant Anglesea Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

Gooser14 wrote: »
    No. There is a To Let sign on it so I presume they want bring it back into use.
    They've had that place up for "letting" for years, including the signs. Their policy is they will not let any unit to a business in the same market as themselves - so that rules out all clothing, footwear, homewear, grocery and off licence businesses. So a restaurant would make sense, but I'd take any application with a pinch of salt. At rent of €130k per annum including rates it would want to be one hell of a restaurant too - I'd imagine it's possibly a major chain rather than an independent operation. If the application is even legit that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Sale agreed gone up on Bourkes this morning.
    Anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything?

Open to correction here, but I thought I saw something on another thread a while back that the crowd that used to run the Blind Pig were opening in Bourkes..

Open to correction here, but I thought I saw something on another thread a while back that the crowd that used to run the Blind Pig were opening in Bourkes..

You might have read that one of the guys who got The Blind Pig going is now renovating Daffy's (further up Catherine Street) and is planning to open a pub there later this year.

bennyl10 wrote:
    Sale agreed gone up on Bourkes this morning. Anyone heard anything?

That is great news. I wonder what'll go in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything?

Great news. Lets hope it reopens quickly. 3 years empty now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

yeah, was a lovely little bar. Might take some work to sort out the basement level i'd imagine, but the front bar was great, in my opinion!

You might have read that one of the guys who got The Blind Pig going is now renovating Daffy's (further up Catherine Street) and is planning to open a pub there later this year.

Indeed, I stand corrected! :D That's what I was thinking of actually

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wickham Tap and Daffys will be going for the same crowd id imagine

Bourkes wasnt just the bar unit up for sale it was the whole building

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

bigpink wrote: »
    Wickham Tap and Daffys will be going for the same crowd id imagine

The Hipster Crowd! Pharmacia on Sarsfield Street appear to be cornering that market quite well too. I have to pass a swathe of hipster/lsad types sitting outside there as I make my way home in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

panda100 wrote: »
    The Hipster Crowd! Pharmacia on Sarsfield Street appear to be cornering that market quite well too. I have to pass a swathe of hipster/lsad types sitting outside there as I make my way home in the evening.

seemingly taking trade from costello's also

We tryed it for a drink we left after 15min couldnt get a drink. Staff messing around with cocktails chatting pretending to be cool.Cant see it lasting long or at least compitition will wake them up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dunworth1 wrote: »

the bastards!

Its late night gigs are more techno electronica than costelloes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

dunworth1 wrote: »

No, Costello regulars are genuinely just disheveled, scruffy, bearded types. Pharmacia goers are the new breed of ironic and annoying hipsters :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

No, Costello regulars are genuinely just disheveled, scruffy, bearded types. Pharmacia goers are the new breed of ironic and annoying hipsters.

hey **** you...i am not scruffy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

We tryed it for a drink we left after 15min couldnt get a drink. Staff messing around with cocktails chatting pretending to be cool.Cant see it lasting long or at least compitition will wake them up

Went there for one a couple of weeks back to give it a fair shot. The cocktail (berry mojito) we got was the worst cocktail I've had in my life - and that's not me being dramatic.

Tasted like flat room temp soda water. Not even cold tap water. That would have been nicer. Had raspberry pulp at the bottom that came up every time I took a sip, and you know how bitty raspberry seeds are? Ugh, was just awful. We left the drinks there after 2 sips. Shocking stuff for 8 quid a go.
    Its late night gigs are more techno electronica than costelloes

Only so much of The Lovecats you can hear I suppose :p

Blind Pig seems to work going on aswell

• Advertisement

Blind Pig seems to work going on aswell

Ya, Flanagans (of Flanagans on the Lake fame) are moving in there.

Advertisement