Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Ya, Flanagans (of Flanagans on the Lake fame) are moving in there.

Oh wonder what kinda vibe they going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

I believe O'Connors Butchers have purchased the 62 William Street corner unit (Old Finns Bar/O'Reillys hair supplies) and will be moving their business there at some point. I'm also told the old O'Sullivans Pharmacy building on O'Connell Street/corner of Sarsfield Street is as good as sold.

In the Crescent SC Boston Barbers are moving to the old Yankee Candles unit which explains the recent abrupt exit of the latter. Peter Mark has moved to the outside unit next to Lock Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Has anyone heard anything more about a new cafe in the kilmurry business center ?

I've found this but dont think its actually open ?

http://thefactorycafe.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

bigpink wrote: »
    Oh wonder what kinda vibe they going for?

No idea tbh, but I'd imagine it would be along the lines of their existing premises in Ballina. So maybe upmarket (not sure if that's the right word to describe them) pub grub..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Golden Discs open on Cruises St now. Not sure if mentioned already. Selling mainly vinyl.

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything more about a new cafe in the kilmurry business center ?

I've found this but dont think its actually open ?

http://thefactorycafe.ie/

For anyone thats wondering this is opening in the next 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

dashoonage wrote: »
    For anyone thats wondering this is opening in the next 2-3 weeks.

Where is the Kilmurry Business Center?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Where is the Kilmurry Business Center?

where ACI and Casa are...right behing the Kilmurry lodge as your heading down towards the tech park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Cafe Ole, which was a small place near the bottom of Fox's Bow, is reopening at 25 Thomas Street: http://toplocalplaces.com/ireland/limerick/restaurant-cafe/cafe-ole/794458843910288

Edit: or has it already reopened? Only noticed the other day that the shutter seemed permanently down at their Fox's Bow place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Yep. It's been open about 2 weeks or so.

• Advertisement

Green Yard Cafe pushing a new cocktail menu and alcohol which seems a bit of a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Saw people in the Triple Crown on Athlunkard St today. 'For Rent' sign is gone.

The two shops to the right have gotten a lick of paint also so maybe just a street tidy up exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

The corner flag is getting painted at the moment, I wonder is it opening again?

mrsoundie wrote: »
    The corner flag is getting painted at the moment, I wonder is it opening again?

Think the licence is gone.They were advertsing it as a retail unit.
    Another barber shop open on Henry st beside subway even tho theres one only a few doors away

Another kebab pizza place opening up on edward st

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Green Yard Cafe pushing a new cocktail menu and alcohol which seems a bit of a pity

Why ?

Why ?

They put it up on facebook and it was girlies and young wans sharing it.Could maybe ruin the vibe of the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

There's a planning app for a change of use to restaurant/ takeaway (and pub I think) at the corner of Patrick St and Denmark St.

pigtown wrote: »
    There's a planning app for a change of use to restaurant/ takeaway (and pub I think) at the corner of Patrick St and Denmark St.

The old bank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

I'm not sure what it was. It's a fairly grim concrete building across from Aroi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The old bank?

The council planning dept is in there, so I'd assume it's the retail unit on the other side of Denmark St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The council planning dept is in there, so I'd assume it's the retail unit on the other side of Denmark St.

That's the block down on the junction with Ellen Street. I think he/she means the building that was National Irish Bank opposite Aroi.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

zulutango wrote: »
    That's the block down on the junction with Ellen Street. I think he/she means the building that was National Irish Bank opposite Aroi.

D'oh! You are correct. Getting up early on a Saturday for the rugby has my brain frazzled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The planning dept actually moved back to Dooradoyle a while back, they have the Limerick 2030 offices in there now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

pigtown wrote: »

Not sure what restaurant is going in there but the company seeking permission is Newreed Taverns Ltd which is registered to the Enrights who own the Texas Steakout, Bambu, Smyths/Icon.

Not sure what restaurant is going in there but the company seeking permission is Newreed Taverns Ltd which is registered to the Enrights who own the Texas Steakout, Bambu, Smyths/Icon.

Heard a symths style place but for an older crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Heard a symths style place but for an older crowd

IS that not what's Teds is though?..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

bennyl10 wrote: »
    IS that not what's Teds is though?..

95+ and need id!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

Has this store Homesense opened in the Parkway Retail Park