Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

Good news alright. I was just thinking about that unit last week, even with Kings gone from New street will there be enough business for them this time.
    When I moved about 9 years ago, there was a chemist, a Vivo convenience store, 4star and Scott's there
    Now it's just 4 star and a GP I think. Vivo and whatever followed it were a bit strange in terms of what they stocked.

You forgot the offy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

bigpink wrote: »
    Curragower pub taking over westward ho pub in mungret

Hopefully they can mimic the kitchen they have in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wifey2017

Hope it works out whatever goes in there nothing seems to last over that way which is a shock considering the student population really shocked scotts didnt last it for Sale or Let but no interest at all id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Westward Ho was a great spot when owned by Hickey's. Not done much since they sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

wifey2017 wrote: »
    Hope it works out whatever goes in there nothing seems to last over that way which is a shock considering the student population really shocked scotts didnt last it for Sale or Let but no interest at all id say

The problem with the vivo that went in there was the stock was targeted at students, but the prices were aimed at the young professionals in the area.

With the result that the students couldn't afford to shop there and the young professionals didn't want to.

It's a bad state of affairs when people were passing the door to go to Centra which was already expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Bella Italia has opened in Castletroy Town Centre, as has a new ice cream kiosk. There's also a new show shop opening there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

lazyman wrote: »
    Almost sure its Centra....

100% sure it's Gala.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

pigtown wrote: »
    Bella Italia has opened in Castletroy Town Centre, as has a new ice cream kiosk. There's also a new show shop opening there soon.

That shopping centre has had a real turn-around in fortunes, fair play to whoever is involved in the running of it

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Can we get them as consultants into the middle of town ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

topcat72 wrote: »
    Can we get them as consultants into the middle of town ? :)

Not being sarcastic here, but I believe that some of the posters here on boards would make for great consultants, and would be a drastic improvement on what we currently have in the council! A lot of issues are discussed here with a level of sense, logic, and pragmatism - traits I wouldn't associate with a lot of the people in the council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

That shopping centre has had a real turn-around in fortunes, fair play to whoever is involved in the running of it

A lot could be down to timing. There's a lot more money sloshing around at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Jofspring

zulutango wrote: »
    A lot could be down to timing. There's a lot more money sloshing around at the moment.

The Jetland showing though it's about management of the premises as much as an upturn in economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Fair point. No doubt there's plenty of factors, but good management is crucial. You can probably have good management and still not be successful because of factors outside your control. Not saying it's the case here, but could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I see Go Gym Limerick are opening soon as they have a special offer of €29.99 per month for membership on Saturday. I've been out in The Hub a few times and peeked in the window. Equipment looks really good and much better than anything else in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

panda100 wrote: »
    I see Go Gym Limerick are opening soon as they have a special offer of €29.99 per month for membership on Saturday. I've been out in The Hub a few times and peeked in the window. Equipment looks really good and much better than anything else in town.

Whereabouts are they opening panda100? I'm in the market for a new gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Coonagh Cross where Elm Motors used to be located. The Hub bicycle shop is in the same location.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

h3000 wrote: »

Coonagh Cross where Elm Motors used to be located. The Hub bicycle shop is in the same location.

I realised after I'd posted. Wrong side of town for me unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

I see Mexican Food Dude signs up on Bubble Cafe let the burrito wars resume

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

sioda wrote: »
    I see Mexican Food Dude signs up on Bubble Cafe let the burrito wars resume

Well considering your wan in Badass only bothers opening Sunday and Monday now then it's not going to be much of a war.

Pity as her stuff is way getting than MFD.

No she opening every day bar Tuesday at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

sioda wrote: »
    No she opening every day bar Tuesday at the moment

Not according to her facebook page.......

EDIT: Might be reading it wrong?!

EY3M7HD.png

Yeah she always closed those days but if she covers costs is willing to open.

Will be interested to see what MFD can do with a sit down set up tbh if it works great addition to the food set up in town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭adaminho

Sale agreed sign up on Bourke's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

New craft beer opening

Brewery Lane Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

New craft beer opening

Brewery Lane Limerick

Is that opening where Bourkes used to be? Any idea when? more competition for MotheMacs & The Wickham Tap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

New craft beer opening

Brewery Lane Limerick

Any idea of who?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

BAB was open on Wednesday - was packed out the door at lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Mc Love wrote: »
    BAB was open on Wednesday - was packed out the door at lunch

Where/what?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock