Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone know when the petrol station on the Tipperary Road near Boher (formerly Great Gas, Inver) is due to re-open?

They've installed new pumps I think and seem to be fitting out the shop and upgrading the yard but it seems to be going very very very sloooooooooooooowly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hook and Ladder are opening a new cafe/restaurant. Not sure where yet but I suspect it might be in the Raheen/Dooradoyle side.

What is it with hook & ladder and always having to wait to be seated.?
    It's not as if they serve anything special or cheaper than anywhere else. I have often seen the wait to be seated sign up even though there is plenty of room inside.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It might be that they divide the floor up into sections and have service staff allocated to particular areas. It's easier to manage the orders when customers are kept to those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I would suggest near the new courthouse complex ? There will be a good market there and, the last time I passed up that way, there was a vacant unit that used to be a restaurant just a few doors up from Gleeson Sports. Might it be that ?

Yeah, you're right. They're going into the old Mes Fleurs/Crocodile Dundee unit across from CBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Great news more coffee that end of town

• Advertisement

Not a big unit by any stretch of the imagination though. I doubt O'Neill's will be too happy either after opening Insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Vanquished wrote: »
    Boojum will be moving in to the former National Irish Bank premises on Patrick Street.

Is this for definite? 🀞ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭manna452121

Yeah, you're right. They're going into the old Mes Fleurs/Crocodile Dundee unit across from CBS.
    Looking for planning permission http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/17795/0

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Is this for definite? ��ðŸ¼

Looks like someone is looking for planning permission at that address anyway.
    (Unfortunately I can't post the link here since Boards.ie doesn't like new users!
    Just search up 17-19 Patrick St on the Limerick City council planning permission website and you can see it for yourself.)

Basically it says Newreed Taverns Ltd are applying for a "change of use to restaurant (incorporating take out services) at Ground Floor & Basement level".
    I can't find anything on Newreed Taverns, but it certainly sounds like Boojum. Maybe someone else here can confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Looks like someone is looking for planning permission at that address anyway.
    (Unfortunately I can't post the link here since Boards.ie doesn't like new users!
    Just search up 17-19 Patrick St on the Limerick City council planning permission website and you can see it for yourself.)

Basically it says Newreed Taverns Ltd are applying for a "change of use to restaurant (incorporating take out services) at Ground Floor & Basement level".
    I can't find anything on Newreed Taverns, but it certainly sounds like Boojum. Maybe someone else here can confirm this?

Newreed Taverns Limited was set up on Thursday the 17th of February 2000. Their current address is Limerick, and the company status is Normal. The company's current directors Anthony Enright, James Lennon and Margaret Bartley have been the director of 21 other Irish companies between them; 10 of which are now closed. Newreed Taverns Limited has 3 shareholders. This Irish company shares its Eircode with at least 58 other companies.

Company Vitals

Company Name:Newreed Taverns Limited
    Time in Business:17 Years
    Company Number:320709
    Size:Medium Company
    Current Status:
    NORMAL
    Principal Activity:[55.40] Bars
    May Trade As:Newreed Taverns Ltd

Registered Address:Mount Kenneth House,
    Henry Street,
    Limerick
    V94 KN3N

Directors
    Name Co. Director Co. Owner Address Directorships
    Anthony Enright Yes Yes LIMERICK 14
    James Lennon Yes No LIMERICK 4

• Advertisement

That's Tony and Mags Enright. They own the Texas Steakout, Bambu, Smyths and Icon.

That's Tony and Mags Enright. They own the Texas Steakout, Bambu, Smyths and Icon.

Interesting. Maybe we won't be getting a Boojum here for another while yet.
    Nevertheless it's good to see some new businesses opening on Patrick St, it's been a bit run down in recent years.
    I wonder what it will turn out to be? Presumably some sort of take away place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Interesting. Maybe we won't be getting a Boojum here for another while yet.
    Nevertheless it's good to see some new businesses opening on Patrick St, it's been a bit run down in recent years.
    I wonder what it will turn out to be? Presumably some sort of take away place?

Boojum are the tenants that have been secured for the unit.

Boojum are the tenants that have been secured for the unit.

Do you have a source for that just out of interest?
    I couldn't seem to find much on it myself.

Do you have a source for that just out of interest?
    I couldn't seem to find much on it myself.

I just happen to know someone involved in the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

I just happen to know someone involved in the project.

Whats Boojum?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

kfrp wrote: »
    Whats Boojum?

Chain of burrito restaurants. They're in Dublin, Belfast, and Galway already. Delicious food, very student-friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

The end of the burrito wars?[/quote]

Or just the beginning? :pac:

From the planning file:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

From the planning file:

And there we have it, Boojum are finally coming, just before the doughnut war makes it way up the N20.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

And there we have it, Boojum are finally coming, just before the doughnut war makes it way up the N20.

Offbeat Donuts in Dundrum is a very good offering. It would be nice if we had something like that in the Crescent. It's nice to see the baking and dressing the donuts right behind the counter.

And a 5 guys just for the drinks machine. I had the Raspberry Coke the other day but franky it was like the cheap Tesco Raspberry-ade. Having a 5 guys Burger and a bottomless Dr Pepper is nice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Food (Good Food Outlet) opened last Thursday in Stonebridge on the Ballysimon Road (on the city side of Childers Road on the right just past the roundabout).

They have ready cooked fresh meals to buy at very reasonable prices. They had a deal today for 5 meals for 20 euro. I just had a turkey curry and it was bloody delicious. I think the owner said that the chef was the nutritionist for the Munster rugby team?

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/foodgoodfoodoutlet/

Good luck to them - I'll be back next week!

(I have no connection to these guys - I just found out about them in a Facebook fitness group)

Here is what I got today.

MgQKW4c.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are they in where the bakery was?

Not sure. They're beside Petshack. Here is a map pulled off their Facebook page:

fNaFiIa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah, I think that's the place.

IMG_0225.jpg

Mr E wrote: »
    Food (Good Food Outlet) opened last Thursday in Stonebridge on the Ballysimon Road (on the city side of Childers Road on the right just past the roundabout).

They have ready cooked fresh meals to buy at very reasonable prices. They had a deal today for 5 meals for 20 euro. I just had a turkey curry and it was bloody delicious. I think the owner said that the chef was the nutritionist for the Munster rugby team?

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/foodgoodfoodoutlet/

Good luck to them - I'll be back next week!

(I have no connection to these guys - I just found out about them in a Facebook fitness group)

Here is what I got today.

MgQKW4c.jpg?2

One of the lads posted about them today on FB. Must take a spin out. Be handy meals for when I'm on nights.

@colm - Yep, they're off to the right of that photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Will definitely be checking these guys out, do they have the number of calories on the packaging?

• Advertisement

FYI they just posted to Facebook that their shelves are restocked and they're doing their 5 meals for €20 promotion tomorrow too.

Advertisement