Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Harambe wrote: »
    Will definitely be checking these guys out, do they have the number of calories on the packaging?

They have a full breakdown of ingredients on the back, along with KCals. They also have macro breakdown on the front (showing Protein, Carbs and Fats in grams)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Mr E wrote: »
    Food (Good Food Outlet) opened last Thursday in Stonebridge on the Ballysimon Road (on the city side of Childers Road on the right just past the roundabout).

They have ready cooked fresh meals to buy at very reasonable prices. They had a deal today for 5 meals for 20 euro. I just had a turkey curry and it was bloody delicious. I think the owner said that the chef was the nutritionist for the Munster rugby team?

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/foodgoodfoodoutlet/

Good luck to them - I'll be back next week!

(I have no connection to these guys - I just found out about them in a Facebook fitness group)

Here is what I got today.

MgQKW4c.jpg?2

Look nice but quite small are they?

They're single portions. The turkey curry was a perfect size for me. I was full after it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Aye, probably just proper single serving sizes , not the doubles most people eat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

mossym wrote: »
    Aye, probably just proper single serving sizes , not the doubles most people eat.

Okay, I'm a hungry pig. I confess. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Work going on in the corner unit at Broad Street and Charlotte Quay - former bookies, had been empty for a long time. Definite ( if slow) uptake in some retail premises around the city that had been empty for a long time. We'll know the downturn is definitely gone when Dunnes do something with their unit on O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

topcat72 wrote: »
    Work going on in the corner unit at Broad Street and Charlotte Quay - former bookies, had been empty for a long time. Definite ( if slow) uptake in some retail premises around the city that had been empty for a long time. We'll know the downturn is definitely gone when Dunnes do something with their unit on O'Connell Street.

I think there is something going in there...but that premises and the old Dunnes Premises on Sarsfield St premises are not let out because Margaret Heffernan does not want to let the sites go to anyone who is in competition with Dunnes...they do this all over the country....shouldn't be allowed get away with it in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

http://sostrenegrene.com/

This crowd are opening on Bedford Row. Never heard of them before but saw their ads for staff today.
    They are in Cork, it's like Tiger but with a lot less plastic, a lot more natural material products and a great selection of teas if you're into that sort of thing. Very very well priced across the range. A high end pound shop.
    Søstrene Grene chain brings its ‘lucky dip’ concept to Limerick (Irish Times)

If Ikea and Flying Tiger had a love child, its name might be Søstrene Grene, a Danish home and craft chain that has just opened its sixth shop in the Republic on Limerick’s Bedford Row.

Søstrene Grene began in 1973 in Aarhus, Denmark’s second city, where founding sisters Inger and Ruth Grene combined their love of interiors and crafts into one store. The recent Limerick opening brings the number of shops worldwide to 157, in countries including France, Germany, Spain, Iceland, Japan and the Nordic states.

Scandinavian good Looks, should be a nice pull for the city centre.

Have they opened today?

Listed on their website, so I assume they're open.

http://sostrenegrene.com/location/limerick-13-bedford-row-limerick/

Looks like some really nice products there.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I had a look in there today a couple of hours after they opened. Really nice shop (kind of similar to Tiger but less gimmicky) and they did a great job on it. They sell home accessories, some small furniture pieces, stationery and craft bits. Also coffee to go.

They were handing out free tote bags, had musicians outside and there was a man greeting everyone with a handshake who I'm sure is very important but I have no idea who he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

I was walking around the area yesterday waiting for someone when I saw the musicians and then the shop. I went in to see what it was going on and there was a huge amount of people and they were buying quite a bit. To be honest the stuff was very pretty and it didn't look expensive. Classy stationery, nice tableware and home accessories, for people into painting canvas they seem to have stuff for them, and sweets which I thought it was weird but the selection of sweets they have it's actually good.

Some of the items there I had not seen them before in Limerick so it appears to be quite unique right now

My guess is that it's going to become popular even though it looks like competing with Tiger and Allens, the products are kind of different. That's the impression I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

https://ie.linkedin.com/jobs/view/400403942

The Gap opening in Limerick, anyone any idea where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

https://ie.linkedin.com/jobs/view/400403942

The Gap opening in Limerick, anyone any idea where?

Patrick Street/Ellen Street junction

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was there not one there before? This is an outlet store so, maybe its something similar that was there before

Mc Love wrote: »
    Was there not one there before? This is an outlet store so, maybe its something similar that was there before

Correct. The Gap which had nothing to do with GAP which are now opening in Limerick was located there.

Was it not called Japan or I'm I losing it?

Was it not called Japan or I'm I losing it?

It was called The Gap one time. People were excited that Gap were coming to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭geotrig

Yeah it was called the gap but not the big brand gap ,good jeans shop and forbidden planet was down stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Terrible location really. I can see if suiting them for size but preferable if Dunnes could rent them the O'Connell Street store. Much better central location. They will rot down there.

Berty wrote: »
    Terrible location really. I can see if suiting them for size but preferable if Dunnes could rent them the O'Connell Street store. Much better central location. They will rot down there.

I said it in jest. Most likely The Crescent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

Was thinking the Crescent all right, pity, it would have been a good name to get into the city and would have brought in a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Oh well then, that is good.

It would be preferable for it to be the Outlet Version like Blanchardstown. The one in Cork isn't great at all. The cheapest stuff is the stuff with GAP right across the front of it so you pay less but you're a walking billboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Gap is my favourite shop! Would be great if it came to Limerick. Its always first on my list, along with M and S, when I go to Dublin and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

A unit in Catherine Street, no. 26 I think, is being fitted out as a café (or maybe fast food: definite lack of Mexican nourishment along there).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Louche Lad wrote: »
    A unit in Catherine Street, no. 26 I think, is being fitted out as a café (or maybe fast food: definite lack of Mexican nourishment along there).

thats probably canteen from Mallow street

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Mc Love wrote: »
    thats probably canteen from Mallow street
    It's a second location for Canteen. Bigger than 1st location

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I assumed Canteen were moving. Are they keeping the original café open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

zulutango wrote: »
    I assumed Canteen were moving. Are they keeping the original café open?

Don't think so, I was speaking to someone there recently who gave me the impression they're relocating, not just opening another place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

If they do relocate, I have an awful suspicion that a coffee shop will take its place. It's proven the location works...maybe just as canteen but we'll have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Louche Lad wrote: »

Does anyone in Limerick do anything apart from drink coffee? How many coffee shops/cafe's do they need?

Advertisement