Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

bigpink wrote: »
    Heard that,for a guy that should be being discrete he shur isnt doing a good job

Wonder where he is getting all the money

He was in the Sunday World yesterday denying he had any involvement yet I saw him myself last week loading drink in there from a jeep...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

L.T.P. wrote: »
    He was in the Sunday World yesterday denying he had any involvement yet I saw him myself last week loading drink in there from a jeep...

Same, saw him outside there while it was being refurbed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

L.T.P. wrote: »

Yesterdays Sunday World?

Yeah i know someone who saw him a few times going in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Not strictly a new business but the Thomas St. centre has been sold. I assume the new owners intend to open something in the near future.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/sale-agreed-on-six-storey-thomas-street-centre-in-limerick-city-1-3841298

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

pigtown wrote: »
    Not strictly a new business but the Thomas St. centre has been sold. I assume the new owners intend to open something in the near future.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/sale-agreed-on-six-storey-thomas-street-centre-in-limerick-city-1-3841298

I hope something good goes in there. :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭adaminho

"most of the people I know met their wives there"

Most of the people I know met someone else's wife there:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I passed it last week, and it was open, sandwich board outside advertising lunch and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Something is going into the Benetton shop on Sarsfield Street. Saw clothes in there and the graphics were being peeled off the buildling.

That's the newer buildling not the older one on the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

source wrote: »
    I passed it last week, and it was open, sandwich board outside advertising lunch and everything.

Are you sure that wasn't Bentleys?

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    source wrote: »

Are you sure that wasn't Bentleys?

100% positive. The sign read 'the brazen head open for lunch.'

I even commented on the waffle thread about it.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Something is going into the Benetton shop on Sarsfield Street. Saw clothes in there and the graphics were being peeled off the buildling.

That's the newer buildling not the older one on the corner.

The Design Atlier on Catherine Street is moving there after the Thomas St. Centre was sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

The Design Atlier on Catherine Street is moving there after the Thomas St. Centre was sold.

Spotted that earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Wingnut will be opening a section inside Moviedrome on Henry street.

They are a music store that only sells Irish bands on independent labels and have outlets in Galway and Waterford.

They will be very good for local Limerick acts as well as other Irish acts. Their Galway store is great for Irish acts and really pushes local Galway acts, with the Waterford store doing a similar job for Waterford bands.

Plus it will mean that those who like to buy physical formats will be able to get local band's music more easily than before, and the local bands will have a store they can approach to sell their stuff..

Best of luck to Ray and Paul with the latest Wingnut expansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

I saw guys inside the old Centra/Londis/Spar(?) on Corbally Road this morning.

Anybody know if something's opening there?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My brain is wrecked trying to think of the name that it always had irrespective of what was written above the door. The name it had up to the late 80's I think.

Anyway, if anybody does open it then good luck to them because it is going to be difficult if it is a shop with a Supervalu and a Tesco nearby. You cannot simply live off the pickings of the St Munchins Lunch time brigade which is what the shop on the lower Mill Road appears to be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Anyway, if anybody does open it then good luck to them because it is going to be difficult if it is a shop with a Supervalu and a Tesco nearby. You cannot simply live off the pickings of the St Munchins Lunch time brigade which is what the shop on the lower Mill Road appears to be doing.

I agree. It's closer than Supervalu/Tesco to me so I'd walk up for a litre of milk and such, wouldn't do a weekly shop in a Londis/Spar though.

My brain is wrecked trying to think of the name that it always had irrespective of what was written above the door. The name it had up to the late 80's I think.

I think you're thinking of the bar, O'Driscoll's above the door, everyone called it Daego's.

Three units in the Parkway are being knocked together at the moment, to make way for Easons, hopefully that will help that dying centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Groody

Think it was called Stan's, hopefully it will be a success, but not sure if will re-open as a mini-market/convenience store, too much competition in the area, lack of parking etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Groody

Three units in the Parkway are being knocked together at the moment, to make way for Easons, hopefully that will help that dying centre.

It would be good if Easons move in, they tend to be long term tenants as opposed to the pop-up shops which have become the norm recently

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

does that mean that easons are moving out of town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

There's a new cafe that looks very nice on Henry St - Petit Paris. Has anyone been? What kind of food do they do?

Also is that a new bookshop (R Dineen) opposite Elverys? Or have I just been blind for the past 18 months :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's a new cafe that looks very nice on Henry St - Petit Paris. Has anyone been? What kind of food do they do?

Also is that a new bookshop (R Dineen) opposite Elverys? Or have I just been blind for the past 18 months :o:o

R Dineen's has been lying vacant since like 2005? Everything intact inside!

There was black plastic covering the window but I think it fell down and that's why it may look more noticeable.

R Dineen's has been lying vacant since like 2005? Everything intact inside!

There was black plastic covering the window but I think it fell down and that's why it may look more noticeable.

Lol - that must be it - no wonder it was always closed when I was passing! :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Yes, I've been — very nice. Various types of food: crêpes, steak, full Irish breakfast, pastries. Very small and cramped place, but nicely fitted out, and very clean.

Thanks Louche - sounds lovely. It looked really cute from the outside, will have to check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Sounds like a crazy decision to open an Easons in the Parkway

kilburn wrote: »
    Sounds like a crazy decision to open an Easons in the Parkway

Don't think so, there use to be a paper shop up there and it did quite well, plus will get the back to school draw as where can you get the school books outside the city centre? There is only that little bookshop in the Crescent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't think so, there use to be a paper shop up there and it did quite well, plus will get the back to school draw as where can you get the school books outside the city centre? There is only that little bookshop in the Crescent.

Years ago there used to be a newsagent's down next to Dunnes, close to where the €2 shop is. That closed down not long after Dunnes Stores started selling books/newspapers and magazines. Then a few years later a newsagents opened up over near the EBS bank, that unit closed about 2 years ago. A book shop opened up there too and is now gone. Is there enough footfall in the Parkway SC for Eason? I don't think there is, the place is a ghost town at the best of times. Time will tell though.

Advertisement