Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The guy who owns the Locke Bar bought it. Will be a welcome addition to the area if its as popular as the Locke Bar can be. Hopefully there's more to come for that area which for a street that has castle on one end and a cathedral at the other is a shame to see the place in the state that it's in.

And the National Transport Authority announced that they're fixing the public bike station there. It's been offline for about two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

The guy who owns the Locke Bar bought it. Will be a welcome addition to the area if its as popular as the Locke Bar can be. Hopefully there's more to come for that area which for a street that has castle on one end and a cathedral at the other is a shame to see the place in the state that it's in.

There are loads of vacant shop fronts on that street. It wouldn't cost much for the council to buy up a few of them and rent them back for a nominal rate to artists, crafts people etc. The traffic on the street is almost all tourists during the summer and it's one of the most neglected looking streets in the city.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    There are loads of vacant shop fronts on that street. It wouldn't cost much for the council to buy up a few of them and rent them back for a nominal rate to artists, crafts people etc. The traffic on the street is almost all tourists during the summer and it's one of the most neglected looking streets in the city.

The Council already owns most of the street and has done for years. It's just not a priority for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Itsdacraic wrote: »

The council can't do everything though. They could of course be proactive and waive rates for new businesses for a period etc. But investors, developers, property owners and business people need to step up and start the rejuvenation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

geotrig wrote: »
    Was this not treated or something (roughened up) ?, I went flying when it was 1st put down in the wet but maybe out of caution ever since have not found it as slippy

Nope nothing has been done to it afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

zulutango wrote: »
    The Council already owns most of the street and has done for years. It's just not a priority for them.

I saw on E Tenders a month or so ago the Council had a tender to renovate 2 buildings next to or near Traceys shop

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

mart 23 wrote: »
    I saw on E Tenders a month or so ago the Council had a tender to renovate 2 buildings next to or near Traceys shop

There’s a Men’s Shed going into that block. It’s not the shop next to Tracey’s, maybe the next building after the lane next to the two buildings.

Sorry Google Streetview picture is a few years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

There’s a Men’s Shed going into that block. It’s not the shop next to Tracey’s, maybe the next building after the lane next to the two buildings.

Sorry Google Streetview picture is a few years old.

The tender is for 24-25 Nicholas Street . Stabilisation and Upgrade works.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Sign is gone up for Iceland opening October 31st at watch house cross

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Sign is gone up for Iceland opening October 31st at watch house cross

Now I'm not trying to bash the area, I'm from there originally and still have a lot of family there...... but what a ****ing night to open a new business there :eek:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

I don't know if it's been mentioned here already....Owners of the Savoy hotel are planning a lot of changes....35 new room addition to the hotel with new bar.
    They're also taking over Chocolat and another restaurant premises close by

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

moby2101 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been mentioned here already....Owners of the Savoy hotel are planning a lot of changes....35 new room addition to the hotel with new bar.

Chocolat is below the George on O'Connell St. Are you sure that's where they're taking over? As for the extension they want to gut the warehouse next door that currently has apartments in it and add extra storys. It's been discussed in the Limerick Improvements thread.

Anybody know what's going in on the corner of Catherine Street and Cecil Street (beside Tom Collins pub)? Some refit work has been going on and ground floor level in the last week.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned here, but a new graphic design / printing place has opened on Catherine Street beside Canteen. The owner uses an old German printing press and you can see it in the window from the street. It's fairly cool to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

Chocolat is below the George on O'Connell St. Are you sure that's where they're taking over? As for the extension they want to gut the warehouse next door that currently has apartments in it and add extra storys. It's been discussed in the Limerick Improvements thread.

Yip, definitely Chocolat, and another premises so I hear, aren't they already running the restaurant, the Italian one in the George?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yip, definitely Chocolat, and another premises so I hear, aren't they already running the restaurant, the Italian one in the George?

Yes, there is a new Executive Chef in the Savoy who has oversight over The Hamptons, The George and his own Kitchen. Graham, a nice guy.

I heard Chocolat was closed. Shame, I used to like that place but the menu was always a bit repetitive and "chinesey"

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

New law practice ( Houlihans) opening on the corner of Charlotte Quay and Broad Street, in the former bookies office . Looks like they 've taken a few units ( at least 2) - vacant for a long time. Assuming they are the same Houlihans Law as are basedin Castletroy also?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

The former flower shop (Flowers by Thea) on the corner of Cecil St & Catherine St is getting a make over - hopefully there's a business going to open up there.

Also, what was the Corner Flag on Henry St was recently painted and again hopefully someone is going to reopen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Sign up in the Canteens old place on Mallow Street saying new coffee shop coming soon. I also passed the former flower shop mentioned by Phog and the fit looks to a good standard, outside painted, new timber floor and 3 guys in there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Berty wrote: »

I heard Chocolat was closed. Shame, I used to like that place but the menu was always a bit repetitive and "chinesey"

i never knew they did savoury stuff in there, i always thought is was just sweet stuff hence the name chocolat, maybe thats why they closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Yes, there is a new Executive Chef in the Savoy who has oversight over The Hamptons, The George and his own Kitchen. Graham, a nice guy.

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to people calling it chocolate anymore. It's spelled chocolat so it's pronounced shock-o-lah not chock-lit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to people called it chocolate anymore. It's spelled chocolat so it's pronounced shock-o-lah not chock-lit.

Or worse again: "La Chock-lit" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Where exactly is this new addition planned for; i.e. on what side of the hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

AlanOB wrote: »
    Where exactly is this new addition planned for; i.e. on what side of the hotel?

1502804492625_1502805062.jpg--boost_for_limerick_with_multi_million_euro_expansion_of_savoy_hotel.jpg
    Savoy-Hotel-01.jpg1502804492625_1502805062.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Looks fantastic to be fair.

Looks terrible. Why keep the mill at all when they're going to compromise its character so much? May as well knock it. Of course, they'd like to to that but they know they can't so they come up with this ridiculous design.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

They could do a "henry cecil"...oops...:pac:

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to people calling it chocolate anymore. It's spelled chocolat so it's pronounced shock-o-lah not chock-lit.

Say it loud enough so everyone can hear!

To the Facebook discussion where the Limerick Leader suggests the letting of Dunnes across from brown Thomas.

I see you boardsie people commenting, with your monorails and marks and Spencers. :D

Dead give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

To the Facebook discussion where the Limerick Leader suggests the letting of Dunnes across from brown Thomas.

I see you boardsie people commenting, with your monorails and marks and Spencers. :D

Dead give away.

In all fairness it would be a perfect location for the main monrail station.

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    In all fairness it would be a perfect location for the main monrail station.

It's spelled Kebab Shop

Advertisement