Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Berty wrote: »
    It's spelled Kebab Shop

it will contain a Kebab shop, starbucks and a supermacs....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I am now convinced that De Leader are plagarising this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's like they just googled popular places and listed them on the story.

Nandos. Tried it twice, didn't see the appeal really.
    Eddie Rockets. We have a fake one, one will do.
    Five Guys. I'm a fan

Family friendly. Basically it cannot compete with Dunnes Stores so won't be a grocery shop type or sell clothes.

Or it's really just an opinion piece and nothing is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I wonder are Dunnes just going for planning permission so they don't get hit with the vacant sites levy?

It's like they just googled popular places and listed them on the story.

Nandos. Tried it twice, didn't see the appeal really.
    Eddie Rockets. We have a fake one, one will do.
    Five Guys. I'm a fan

Family friendly. Basically it cannot compete with Dunnes Stores so won't be a grocery shop type or sell clothes.

Or it's really just an opinion piece and nothing is happening.

Five Guys is probably just as expensive as anything Helen O'Donnell wants there.
    Zulutango is probably right though, just trying to circumvent the levy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Classic Limerick Leader. One could assume fom the headline that Five Guys and Nandos are battling it out for the premises. You read the article then and it quickly becomes apparent that they've put together a story based upon a paragraph from Dunnes response to the further information request.

They state that they are marketing the unit to the likes of KFC and Milano also but no tenant has been secured. The council has already told Dunnes that they are not in favour of another fast food outlet on O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Does anyone in Limerick do anything apart from drink coffee? How many coffee shops/cafe's do they need?

Like I say....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I don't get the hype with Five Guys. I've been in the one in Dundrum and one in Paris. Completely overpriced burgers and chips and not even NICE burgers and chips. I'd prefer a trip to Enzo's anytime.

I don't get the hype with Five Guys. I've been in the one in Dundrum and one in Paris. Completely overpriced burgers and chips and not even NICE burgers and chips. I'd prefer a trip to Enzo's anytime.

For me it's not really hype. I just like the burgers , like the chips (one serving does both of us) and I like the choice of drinks from the machine. Raspberry coca cola was like Shannon minerals so I won't be getting that again. :D

I'm back in London in a few weeks and a visit to their Tottenham court branch is on the cards for me.

For me it's not really hype. I just like the burgers , like the chips (one serving does both of us) and I like the choice of drinks from the machine. Raspberry coca cola was like Shannon minerals so I won't be getting that again. :D

I'm back in London in a few weeks and a visit to their Tottenham court branch is on the cards for me.

Ah Shannon Minerals. I used to love their lime juice & soda back in the day. For the princely sum of 20p :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I'm surprise "Da Leader" didn't say that M&S were going in that spot.

Ah Shannon Minerals. I used to love their lime juice & soda back in the day. For the princely sum of 20p :D
    Their Cream Soda had no equals, the red lemonade that was tasty and yet unusual in that it would probably dissolve asbestos.
    I miss Shannon Minerals.

I thought Five Guys was a doughnut place up until March this year when I walked passed one of their branches in Cardiff. Is it going into the Crescent or wha?

Their Cream Soda had no equals, the red lemonade that was tasty and yet unusual in that it would probably dissolve asbestos.
    I miss Shannon Minerals.

The cream soda that was so carbonated that you'd burp out your nose when drinking the first bit. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

I thought it was called American Cream Soda ... for that extra sense of the exotic

mitresize5 wrote: »
    I thought it was called American Cream Soda ... for that extra sense of the exotic

Correct and right. The last time I had with was with a Smoked Cod from Lazio. Both no longer with us.

Was American Cream Soda not by Country Spring? The 3 litre stuff that went flat really fast. Maybe Shannon Minerals had their version too.

Was American Cream Soda not by Country Spring? The 3 litre stuff that went flat really fast. Maybe Shannon Minerals had their version too.

Shannon had a luminous yellow version, it was divine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Really liking the look of the revamped Katie Dalys on facebook. They are renaming it Katie Dalys heritage pub and kitchen. Looks like they'll be doing decent coffee and grub!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

panda100 wrote: »
    Really liking the look of the revamped Katie Dalys on facebook. They are renaming it Katie Dalys heritage pub and kitchen. Looks like they'll be doing decent coffee and grub!

It's good to see they are still using the name Katie Dalys. Also the antique shop across from Tracys has supposedly been bought by Tracys and will be a bakery. Also heard that Bill Nolan is supposedly selling Dick Devane's (now Nellys Corner) and the apartments above it, if true hopefully whoever buys it keeps the cafe there and actually does something worthwhile with the apartments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

It's good to see they are still using the name Katie Dalys. Also the antique shop across from Tracys has supposedly been bought by Tracys and will be a bakery. Also heard that Bill Nolan is supposedly selling Dick Devane's (now Nellys Corner) and the apartments above it, if true hopefully whoever buys it keeps the cafe there and actually does something worthwhile with the apartments.

The Locke Bar will do a great job with Katie Dalys. I'm sure they will have loads of seating outside. The castle is Limericks biggest tourist attraction with over 100,000 visitors. The 3 bridges walking route is very popular with locals as well so thats a lot of footfall.

Great news that Tracys are opening a bakery across from the shop.

That street has huge potential imo, it will only take a few more businesses to follow suit.

damowill wrote: »
    The Locke Bar will do a great job with Katie Dalys. I'm sure they will have loads of seating outside. The castle is Limericks biggest tourist attraction with over 100,000 visitors. The 3 bridges walking route is very popular with locals as well so thats a lot of footfall.

Great news that Tracys are opening a bakery across from the shop.

That street has huge potential imo, it will only take a few more businesses to follow suit.

The Locke have bought it, another good Limerick pub gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Also heard that the people who own the Locke are meant to be looking at Cahills on Mulgrave St, good move if it's true as you have the new courthouse across the road.

Also heard that the people who own the Locke are meant to be looking at Cahills on Mulgrave St, good move if it's true as you have the new courthouse across the road.

Depends on the clientele your chasing. Carling central.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Depends on the clientele your chasing. Carling central.

Narrow vision there my friend....

Barristers/Solicitors/Clients all have to eat lunch/dinner...all on expenses....The Locke is hardly Carling central....

There is a reason he is chasing the trade across the city...

Narrow vision there my friend....

Barristers/Solicitors/Clients all have to eat lunch/dinner...all on expenses....The Locke is hardly Carling central....

There is a reason he is chasing the trade across the city...

I'd like to see their expenses. I'm sceptical if lunch and beverages in The Locke or associated premises is claimable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I'd like to see their expenses. I'm sceptical if lunch and beverages in The Locke or associated premises is claimable.

Do you seriously think the owners of the Locke are chasing the "carling Crowd"...come on!

Do you seriously think the owners of the Locke are chasing the "carling Crowd"...come on!

Well I wonder about exporting their overpriced, poorly conditioned beer up to a less salubrious part of town, horses for courses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

With a dash lime of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

sioda wrote: »
    With a dash lime of course

And for the ladies a half pint glass to pour the pint into so they looked more refined.

Advertisement