Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

And for the ladies a half pint glass to pour the pint into so they looked more refined.

And a packet of Superking 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Jesus this place is wall to wall charmers tonight...

Any other new business opening?

Jesus this place is wall to wall charmers tonight...

Any other new business opening?

Think theres a Tattoo/Vape/Mexican//doughnut/kebab 5 in one opening in the Old Dunnes on O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

And a packet of Superking 100.

I'd say you have the same person in your head that I do! Did you work in a pub in the o connell ave area too?!

Think theres a Tattoo/Vape/Mexican//doughnut/kebab 5 in one opening in the Old Dunnes on O'Connell Street.

It will definitely get a monorail stop with all that going on too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It will definitely get a monorail stop with all that going on too!

I hear there is a Monorail station going in near the Hammock District :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Hello....did someone say monorail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Berty wrote: »
    I hear there is a Monorail station going in near the Hammock District :D

Call me crazy (cos I am... obviously... with sociopathological tendencies) but I don't think a monorail is that daft an idea. It was only a couple weeks back where I was reading something (in The Post I believe) suggesting a light rail system for the city. Why not a monorail?

I'd say you have the same person in your head that I do! Did you work in a pub in the o connell ave area too?!

No but you seem everywhere. CIE workers are particularly partial to Superking 100.
    Is smoking an essential qualification for CIE?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

Stay classy limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hopefully a nice burrito to be gotten.

Limerick is really the nearest stop for a good burrito, I wouldn't eat in Casa Del Burrito in Ennis unless I was in urgent need of shedding a few pounds through food poisoning.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Hopefully a nice burrito to be gotten

Whilst you wait for the mono train after doing your M&S shopping.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Hopefully a nice burrito to be gotten

Whilst you wait for the mono train after doing your M&S shopping.

monorail....its a mono ****ing rail! :mad:

:p

dashoonage wrote: »

monorail....its a mono ****ing rail! :mad:

Mono train is what runs on Mono rail.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jose Maria

It's good to see they are still using the name Katie Dalys. Also the antique shop across from Tracys has supposedly been bought by Tracys and will be a bakery. Also heard that Bill Nolan is supposedly selling Dick Devane's (now Nellys Corner) and the apartments above it, if true hopefully whoever buys it keeps the cafe there and actually does something worthwhile with the apartments.

Nellys corner #1 restaurant in limerick according to tripadvisorðŸ€

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bazz26 wrote: »

is that not just news from two weeks ago being rehashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I think it is. You'd think they'd use a better pic of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I passed through the 'fashion quarter' in Roches Street last night. It took 6 seconds, and I was walking!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've no idea as I didn't hear it being announced then. Must be a slow news day at breakingnews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

They were reporting unconfirmed rumors two weeks ago, now they're reporting the actual announcement.

I passed through the 'fashion quarter' in Roches Street last night. It took 6 seconds, and I was walking!:D

About 2 seconds longer than it takes to get through Galway's Latin quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭sleepyman

About 2 seconds longer than it takes to get through Galway's Latin quarter.

Not to derail the thread but was in Galway at the weekend.It's just so busy compared to Limerick.Don't know what the answer is but they're doing something right.

sleepyman wrote: »
    Not to derail the thread but was in Galway at the weekend.It's just so busy compared to Limerick.Don't know what the answer is but they're doing something right.

Always seems busier, I often think the narrow streets help create a buzz and that the crowd gets lost in Limerick, plus a lot more going on, permanent party.
    Saying that I was Limerick on Saturday and thought it was very busy and buzzy.

Always seems busier, I often think the narrow streets help create a buzz and that the crowd gets lost in Limerick, plus a lot more going on, permanent party.
    Saying that I was Limerick on Saturday and thought it was very busy and buzzy.

There has been a nice buzz around town for the past few weeks. We try to get into and around town at least once over the weekend and leave a few bob in there. I hate going to the shopping centres and doing the same thing. I'm very concious of spending my money in town and helping to keep it alive rather than the any souless out of town place. If more people did that, the buzz would increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

I see Harry Corry are advertising for staff for their new Ennis Road Retail Park shop...and saw ads for Superdry opening in the Crescent on jobs.ie recently.

(can you tell I'm job hunting ;-) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

There has been a nice buzz around town for the past few weeks. We try to get into and around town at least once over the weekend and leave a few bob in there. I hate going to the shopping centres and doing the same thing. I'm very concious of spending my money in town and helping to keep it alive rather than the any souless out of town place. If more people did that, the buzz would increase.

+1. There's been a great buzz around Limerick of late. I've had friends visiting me the last few weekends and they couldn't get over how vibrant and busy it was. There does appear to be more shops opening in the city centre of late which is great to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

New cafe opened today next to SuperValu. Cafe also open today in former Triple Crown on Athlunkard Street.

Use it or lose it guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

sleepyman wrote: »

I was in Galway a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday and it was very busy but it was very clear 70-80% of the people on the street, sitting outside the bars/cafes were tourists & non locals in general -without their presence it would have made a great difference in the vibrancy of the city centre - Cork has a similar vibe.

Unfortunately Limerick just doesn't get tourists which is unfortunate considering it has it's own strengths - King Johns castle, the river, extensive Georgian architecture etc.

Drop the number of tourists Galway has on an average Saturday in Limerick and it would make an obvious difference in both footfall & atmosphere.

Advertisement