Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Why don't people just go on the LCC website and read the objection.
    Keekside is a holding company for the ward family which together with their cousins run most cinemas in Ireland.

They had a big break up a few years ago AFAIK, didn’t think Showtime was part of that group though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Well the Castletroy centre seems to be booming, perhaps its Jetlands turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Well the Castletroy centre seems to be booming, perhaps its Jetlands turn?

Castletroy benefits from not having notoriously difficult owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Not a new business, but Regeneron announcing 300 new jobs for Limerick is another endorsement for the city. Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

That Clover place on Bedford Row has a new sign up over the door, can't remember the full name, something Buffet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

source wrote: »
    That Clover place on Bedford Row has a new sign up over the door, can't remember the full name, something Buffet.

Same shíte, different name so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

davo2001 wrote: »

I would presume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

It's now "Noble Buffet". Judging by the signage, it doesn't look promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Vanquished wrote: »
    It's now "Noble Buffet". Judging by the signage, it doesn't look promising!

They must have hired the same people who market Riverfest

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Something new going into the old All Tan unit on Upper William St. Lots of fridges, looks like some kind of supermarket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Something new going into the old All Tan unit on Upper William St. Lots of fridges, looks like some kind of supermarket.
    They have been in there a while but there is also what looks like a deli kitchen installed down the back

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

davo2001 wrote: »
    source wrote: »

who the **** wants a buffet? they tried that beside chocolat inside costcutter and it didnt take..

a pizza joint like milano would have gone down well imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Cherrycoke wrote: »

IHOP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

IHOP

William st ?

Minced-Beef-Findus-Crispy-Pancakes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Saw a recruitment ad on Instagram earlier for a clothes shop called Selected. Apparently opening in the Crescent in November.

https://www.selected.com/ie/en/sl/homme

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Saw a recruitment ad on Instagram earlier for a clothes shop called Selected. Apparently opening in the Crescent in November.

https://www.selected.com/ie/en/sl/homme

Decent clothes. Have a few Selected bits from Brown Thomas and House of Fraser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

So there appears to be a place called "Kitchen" opened in Groody retail place. I've no idea how long its been there or is it recent ?

Anyone been ? whats it like ?

Ninja edit...found a facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Groodyneighbourhood/

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

dashoonage wrote: »
    So there appears to be a place called "Kitchen" opened in Groody retail place. I've no idea how long its been there or is it recent ?

Anyone been ? whats it like ?

Ninja edit...found a facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Groodyneighbourhood/

standard cafe with sambos, wraps and coffee. fair bit of space inside. nothing quirky, unusual or fancy, but not every place needs to be. had a very tasty bowl of porridge and a decent cup of coffee in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Superdry are opening in the Crescent. That makes it Gap, Selected Homme, and Superdry in the new units at the City Mall. Are there only three units or are there more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

pigtown wrote: »
    Superdry are opening in the Crescent. That makes it Gap, Selected Homme, and Superdry in the new units at the City Mall. Are there only three units or are there more?

I think there's at least six, possibly more but I wouldn't swear on that bit.
    I'd love to see Superdrug open in the Crescent. The one in town is grotty enough but price wise and for offers and deals they're so much better than Boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

mdmix wrote: »
    standard cafe with sambos, wraps and coffee. fair bit of space inside. nothing quirky, unusual or fancy, but not every place needs to be. had a very tasty bowl of porridge and a decent cup of coffee in there

Where is this place..?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

I think there's at least six, possibly more but I wouldn't swear on that bit.
    I'd love to see Superdrug open in the Crescent. The one in town is grotty enough but price wise and for offers and deals they're so much better than Boots.
    The Superdrug in town had a facelift recently and is looking miles better - improved layout, lighting etc The grotty feeling is gone at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

mdmix wrote: »

Thats what i like to hear. Fancy bother me. Just give me decent food and decent coffee! will give it a try some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Article in this weeks post says Caherdavin & District Credit Union are going into 67 William St. Google tells me that’s the old Currys shop? Is Google right?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Article in this weeks post says Caherdavin & District Credit Union are going into 67 William St. Google tells me that’s the old Currys shop? Is Google right?

Yes, you can see it in this Video

https://www.facebook.com/caherdavincu/videos/1477260228975909/

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Berty wrote: »

Yes, you can see it in this Video

https://www.facebook.com/caherdavincu/videos/1477260228975909/

Disappointed to hear this. It would have been a great space for a retail outlet, which the city needs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Agree that it's a waste of a retail unit. Don't see why a local credit union needs a location in the city either. Surely makes more sense for it to be in Caherdavin.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Agree that it's a waste of a retail unit. Don't see why a local credit union needs a location in the city either. Surely makes more sense for it to be in Caherdavin.

They amalgamated with three or four other Credit Unions from around the city over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

I'd have preferred if a more high profile name had moved in there too. Unfortunately though we're still not exactly witnessing a stampede of retailers desperate to invest in the city centre!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Ridiculous with the amalgamated St johns credit union just up the street

Advertisement