Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

They amalgamated with three or four other Credit Unions from around the city over the last few years.

its the next phase....

watch out burritos....the credit union war is coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's work going on in Dineens Bookshop on Henry St. Anyone know whats going in there, asked one of the workmen and he didnt know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Mc Love wrote: »
    There's work going on in Dineens Bookshop on Henry St. Anyone know whats going in there, asked one of the workmen and he didnt know.

I don't know, but like to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Starbucks

Joking or serious? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

le_girl wrote: »
    Joking or serious? :confused:

No, I'm afraid I'm not as reputable as my boards name implies.

The remainder of my posts will sound like nonsense, perhaps like they were viewed, disregarded, and amended. I really don't think I'll do this again, lest I face the wrath of Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

Serious, LMR are taking part of the new office development in the Hanging Gardens. Huge footfall expected, especially with the stop outside.

LMR?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

kilburn wrote: »
    Ridiculous with the amalgamated St johns credit union just up the street

That is also part of Caherdavin credit union and that branch will close when the new branch opens in the old Dixons unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Limerick Monorail Company.

Dont you tease me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

ElNino wrote:
    That is also part of Caherdavin credit union and that branch will close when the new branch opens in the old Dixons unit.

That was my point (amalgamated)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

MeJana Lebanese restaurant have an "Opening Soon" sign in the former Crust Cafe unit down by the boardwalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

MeJana Lebanese restaurant have an "Opening Soon" sign in the former Crust Cafe unit down by the boardwalk.

glad to see they are opening back up, not overly crazy about the place but it was nice and different so would always be an option, seemed like it was busy enough although never packed. strange that this, sage and the crepe cafe closed in such a short space of time. are the landlords in the area pushing up rent or are these all just coincidence?

mdmix wrote: »
    glad to see they are opening back up, not overly crazy about the place but it was nice and different so would always be an option, seemed like it was busy enough although never packed. strange that this, sage and the crepe cafe closed in such a short space of time. are the landlords in the area pushing up rent or are these all just coincidence?

Was good for a lock-in a few years back too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The people behind Tony Clarke's bookshop and the City Centre car park have been granted planning permission to turn the former Shades of Beauty premises on Thomas Street into a restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

This looks to be one of the more exciting developments in Limerick of late. Will really be a great addition to Bedford Row.
    AMBITIOUS plans are in place to build a lavish “boutique townhouse” to bring a boost to tourism in Limerick city centre next summer.

The new venture, which is being spearheaded by Limerick Travel, will feature a 12-bedroom guest house on Bedford Row, and is due to open in early summer 2018.

Plans were submitted by the popular city centre retailer in March this year, and were given the green light by Limerick City and County Council in June.

The project, entitled The Bedford, will operate side-by-side with the existing travel business on Bedford Row, which opened its doors in 1971.

The project will include the redevelopment top three floors of the historic building, which was once home to former Limerick Mayor and industrialist Peter Tait.

I looked at the plans when they were first lodged and the rooms look very small. Also not sure about the lack of reception, and using the small side door to Limerick Travel. Seems a bit odd. Hope it’s a good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I looked at the plans when they were first lodged and the rooms look very small. Also not sure about the lack of reception, and using the small side door to Limerick Travel. Seems a bit odd. Hope it’s a good job!

I think they've hired a well known limerick interior designer too

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

seems like a tight squeeze for 12 rooms and a gym/steam room! is it just their building or are they using space on either side of them? great to see dead city centre space being used for something productive.

Is it a glorified hostel? Can't read the article because of the way the LL has gone. Limerick badly needs a hostel or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is it a glorified hostel? Can't read the article because of the way the LL has gone. Limerick badly needs a hostel or 4.

It's a boutique hotel or so they say.

The Facebook haters were all over the article complaining it wasn't a homeless centre and then decided the council should have bought it before the private buyer bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Berty wrote:
    The Facebook haters were all over the article complaining it wasn't a homeless centre and then decided the council should have bought it before the private buyer bought it.

I saw that too! Christ, you really can't please everybody..

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    I think they've hired a well known limerick interior designer too

TO? Everywhere is gonna look the same one of these days :pac: He’s cleaning up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

TO? Everywhere is gonna look the same one of these days He’s cleaning up!

Didnt know there was one !?!?

I meant hostel as in a youth hostel set-up. Somewhere that backpackers/stags/hens/tourists on a budget and general party people can throw their heads down for a night. Nothing like that, no? Cork, Galway and Dublin (and many other towns and villages around the country) have plenty of em. Limerick has none.

Homeless shelters are a completely different topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I know what you meant. I know we don't have any and I also know that you probably mean the nicer end of hostels like Snoozles in Galway.

http://snoozleshostelgalway.ie/

I was just referring to other people on Facebook who were straight into the comments asking for it to be changed into a homeless centre forgetting of course it's a private venture and an idea from Capitalism not that to put homeless people in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Facebook is becoming increasingly painful. The comments on the Limerick Leader page would make one's eyes bleed.

Berty wrote: »
    I know what you meant. I know we don't have any and I also know that you probably mean the nicer end of hostels like Snoozles in Galway.

http://snoozleshostelgalway.ie/

I was just referring to other people on Facebook who were straight into the comments asking for it to be changed into a homeless centre forgetting of course it's a private venture and an idea from Capitalism not that to put homeless people in.

Sorry, read your post arse ways. I actually stayed in Snoozles before (must be nearly 10 years ago).

I'm not even gonna read the comments on the LL article. I'm cringing at the thought of whats posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Bobby Byrnes 'shop' has reopened after being closed for renovations recently. Its now being called a 'Food Hall' ... so its looks like a Deli/Cafe sort of job. Not sure if they still do groceries, etc or the off-license that used to be there. i must stick my head in later.

damowill wrote: »
    Bobby Byrnes 'shop' has reopened after being closed for renovations recently. Its now being called a 'Food Hall' ... so its looks like a Deli/Cafe sort of job. Not sure if they still do groceries, etc or the off-license that used to be there. i must stick my head in later.

Didn't even know it closed. Surely the offie they had was a gold mine with the amount of students in the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I was in the aforementioned 'food hall' during the week. Lets just say there's no need for Harrods to start worrying just yet .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The old Commerical Hotel / Daffy's on Catherine Street looks like it's nearly ready to open. There's been a great resurgence on the street in the last year. In my opinion, it would have made more sense if the Council threw a few million at it instead of O'Connell Street, or in addition to O'Connell Street. It would have been much easier to do because it's not a main traffic artery. Imagine much wider footpaths, with seating and landscaping, much fewer parked cars, the overhead wires gone. You could go further and turn it into a plaza altogether. It could be one of the most attractive streets in Ireland and it wouldn't be difficult to achieve.

Advertisement