Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

zulutango wrote: »
    The old Commerical Hotel / Daffy's on Catherine Street looks like it's nearly ready to open. There's been a great resurgence on the street in the last year. In my opinion, it would have made more sense if the Council threw a few million at it instead of O'Connell Street, or in addition to O'Connell Street. It would have been much easier to do because it's not a main traffic artery. Imagine much wider footpaths, with seating and landscaping, much fewer parked cars, the overhead wires gone. You could go further and turn it into a plaza altogether. It could be one of the most attractive streets in Ireland and it wouldn't be difficult to achieve.

It's not an exaggeration to say that the condition of Catherine Street is a complete disgrace! Battered miserable pavements, chunky wires drooping off ugly rusting poles, hopeless streetlighting etc etc. The neglect shown by the council, as with many streets in the city centre is shameful!

The lack of urgency in addressing a fundamental flaw of the city centre, i.e. the state of our streets in incredibly frustrating. No doubt the council has a plan to transform it in to a "world class boulevard" or some other piece of bulls*** marketing spiel. But improvements have to start now. Not in 5 or 10 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

The old Commerical Hotel / Daffy's on Catherine Street looks like it's nearly ready to open. 
    Where is this on Catherine Street and what is going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

The old Commerical Hotel / Daffy's on Catherine Street looks like it's nearly ready to open. There's been a great resurgence on the street in the last year. In my opinion, it would have made more sense if the Council threw a few million at it instead of O'Connell Street, or in addition to O'Connell Street. It would have been much easier to do because it's not a main traffic artery. Imagine much wider footpaths, with seating and landscaping, much fewer parked cars, the overhead wires gone. You could go further and turn it into a plaza altogether. It could be one of the most attractive streets in Ireland and it wouldn't be difficult to achieve.

Glad new businesses are opening. Be interesting to see how they fair out once opened. There are plenty watering holes in town now with lots of choice. think the previous blind pig owners/mgt will be running it, so they may get that crowd back.
    Anyone know the situation with Bourkes pub on Catherine Street? great location so surprised it hasnt reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Esquires Coffee chain opening in Limerick in January according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just what the city needs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

tommy249 wrote:
    Where is this on Catherine Street and what is going in there?

It's directly across from Canteen, near the junction with Glentworth Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Fit-out work taking place in the former Mejana premises on Thomas Street

Old Mothercare unit on Cruise's Street appears to have been let. As has the former Decobake outlet on Catherine Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Vanquished wrote: »
    Fit-out work taking place in the former Mejana premises on Thomas Street

Old Mothercare unit on Cruise's Street appears to have been let. As has the former Decobake outlet on Catherine Street.

This time of year it’s always a worry that it’ll just be a pop-up Christmas shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

This time of year it’s always a worry that it’ll just be a pop-up Christmas shop.

Pop up calendar shop I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

What's going into the old Currys on William St?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Treepole wrote: »
    What's going into the old Currys on William St?

Credit Union

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Berty wrote: »
    Credit Union

Boring

Boring

Sorry, it's a monorail station with a kebab kiosk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

testicles wrote: »
    Don't forget the M&S upstairs

And a nandos in the basement

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

source wrote: »
    And a nandos in the basement

I can't believe it's been almost 4 years since the Great Nando's Facebook Hoax.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88060482#post88060482

Well plaid, that troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Boring

I think Limerick is now very close to peak Credit Union.

I think Limerick is now very close to peak Credit Union.

Isn't this one just moving down the road from William Street/Gerald Griffin Street(s) Junction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Berty wrote: »
    Isn't this one just moving down the road from William Street/Gerald Griffin Street(s) Junction?

And Wetherspoons are going to move into that premises.

And Wetherspoons are going to move into that premises.

I read they announced their name "The Pimp Cane and Staffy" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

GAP outlet opened in the crescent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Harambe wrote: »
    GAP outlet opened in the crescent today.

its good to see that gap filled..

....ill get my coat.

dashoonage wrote: »
    ....ill get my coat.

Gap sell Coats. :pac:

I liked the outlet in Blanchardstown. It appears that the cheapest items are the ones heavily branded with Gap, cheap advertising for them. Quality cheaper items for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Are there plans for a new music/DVD/Blu-ray shop in the Crescent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I see MABS and Limerick Citizens Information have all relocated beside the Intreo office on Henry street. It's fantastic to see all these essential public services in one spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

I don't think MABS have moved yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭jsd1004

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Stationary shop Smiggle going in two doors down from Crescent Book shop. Seems to be fitting it at the mo.

I wouldn’t have thought the Crescent could support another shop that sells stationary. Move over Burrittos, here comes the A4 Hard Back War!

• Advertisement

Australias most popular shop of that type of you go by the hoarding but a .co.uk address so a franchise.

Without even checking the website I can see it as being another Tiger type place the crescent has none of.

Bought something in Gap Outlet myself. Nice large shop.

Advertisement