Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Exciting times ahead! :)

Any chance ye'd build us a city centre cinema while ye're at it? :pac:

monorail....

cinema me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There must be serious money in boozing in this town.

If they can challenge the Nancy Blakes hegemony then they might survive, but otherwise I can't see all of them lasting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tefral wrote: »
    It will be open for Xmas. We are working on it. We are also doing the flannerys extension. That's supposed to be open for the Leicester match.
    zulutango wrote: »
    There must be serious money in boozing in this town.

If they can challenge the Nancy Blakes hegemony then they might survive, but otherwise I can't see all of them lasting.

deffo a market for a Nancys alternative.The brother is in the trade but says people awlays still end up going to nancys.Maybe the trend is changing with House new Flannerys and new bentleys

http://garwinfarrenarchitect.com/bar-nightclub-and-restaurant-ireland/

This was a design plan made for nancys you have to let photos just slide themselves i think they shoukd hyave done it with all the new places upping the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

bigpink wrote: »
    What kinda place it going be?Who owns it now?

Ah yes forgot about the new Flannerys live venue

Reverting to a bar.. i'm not sure if i'm allowed say, however it wouldn't take much of a guess. Suffice to say this individual owns half of O'Connell street already and is a publican.

Flannerys will look cool when its finished. Nice sized space addition.
    Exciting times ahead! :)

Any chance ye'd build us a city centre cinema while ye're at it? :pac:

I wish, We've ourhands full with the Hanging Gardens as it is.

• Advertisement

Reverting to a bar.. i'm not sure if i'm allowed say, however it wouldn't take much of a guess. Suffice to say this individual owns half of O'Connell street already and is a publican.

Flannerys will look cool when its finished. Nice sized space addition.

Publican and half of o connell street?Only one i can think is Tony enright and he aint a true publician

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

http://garwinfarrenarchitect.com/bar-nightclub-and-restaurant-ireland/

This was a design plan made for nancys you have to let photos just slide themselves i think they shoukd hyave done it with all the new places upping the game

That old granary beside Nancy's is completely wasted. I think they just use it for storage. With a bit of ambition they could convert it in to a very interesting addition, as those plans have shown. They could definitely use the extra space too and I doubt they're stuck for cash either!

Vanquished wrote: »
    That old granary beside Nancy's is completely wasted. I think they just use it for storage. With a bit of ambition they could convert it in to a very interesting addition, as those plans have shown. They could definitely use the extra space too and I doubt they're stuck for cash either!

yes my brother told me they own that building to the left of it some waste
    Maybe all the new places they will have to up there game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anyone know whent he Westward Ho is opening? Used to work there years ago, and wouldn't mind popping in for a pint when I'm home at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

seachto7 wrote: »
    Anyone know whent he Westward Ho is opening? Used to work there years ago, and wouldn't mind popping in for a pint when I'm home at Christmas.

Hoping to be open before xmas is what im told.

I'll update more if i find out.

• Advertisement

Heard the Curragower bought it and going into food in a big way

I wouldn't be wild about the exterior of Flannery's new venture. They ended up tearing down the original frontage and they've decided to face the new build in brick which looks a bit dull and cheap. I thought the original plans for a white rendered finish similar to the existing building looked much better.

I hear a "prominent" local designer is styling the interior!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

I hear a "prominent" local designer is styling the interior!

Correct

who is the designer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

who is the designer?

These two

12348209_10208506230875823_720444368_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Brilliant! :pac::pac::pac:

That’s Limerick City!

I wish, We've ourhands full with the Hanging Gardens as it is.

Great to hear this. Delighted ye are up the walls with work in Limerick, whoever ye are :pac:

Long may it last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

These two]

Oh Jesus! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Designing the 'Mind the Steps' sign for the stairs? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

leakyboots wrote: »
    Designing the 'Mind the Steps' sign for the stairs? :)

*Please dont be making silly comments like this leaving boards.ie open**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Bye bye Mexican Food Dudes and Badass Burritos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So the war begins....... I'm team badass all the way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Excellent. So the rumours are true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Oh yes! Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

panda100 wrote: »
    So the war begins....... I'm team badass all the way!!

Buh-bye! Moody cow that runs it that is. She'll either have to up her game or close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Mc Love wrote: »
    Buh-bye! Moody cow that runs it that is. She'll either have to up her game or close.

I won't have anyone speak ill of Mags!! She's got character and is one of our own. Boojum is just another souless chain.I think I od'd on Boojum burritos when I lived in Dublin and now I just find them too filling and meh.

Boojum will be moving in to the former National Irish Bank premises on Patrick Street.

Like I said..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I won't have anyone speak ill of Mags!! She's got character and is one of our own. Boojum is just another souless chain.I think I od'd on Boojum burritos when I lived in Dublin and now I just find them too filling and meh.

At least we know boojum will be open when you want want one :P

Ah they’re a step above the current offering at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Well I am speaking ill of her, she's doesnt have customer service training, and would do well to maybe invest in some of that. She's obviously the best place to get a burrito in limerick at the moment and she can get away with being a moody cow, but thats all set to change, I couldnt care less if some place opening is a soulless chain, as long as their customer service and food is better, had a look at the menu and its already cheaper than BAB.

Advertisement