Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Survival of the fittest

Which is why Boojum is expanding nationwide and why the likes of Badass and Mexican Food Dudes are on borrowed time.

If they didn't see this coming they've only got themselves to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Survival of the fittest

Which is why Boojum is expanding nationwide and why the likes of Badass and Mexican Food Dudes are on borrowed time.

If they didn't see this coming they've only got themselves to blame.

Knowing one of them, they'll probably blame the council

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The city centre looks to be getting yet another coffee shop. Planning permission is to be lodged for a change of use of the former O'Sullivan's Pharmacy on the corner of O'Connell Street and Sarsfield Street. The applicant is Ciaran Butler, who I believe part-owns the Starbucks franchise in Ireland

I was hoping that corner would've been entirely redeveloped. But the current dilapidated building looks set to remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

House Limerick tweeted about a nightclub so they must be opening that club downstairs again.

Not a bad club when the right crowd is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Berty wrote: »
    House Limerick tweeted about a nightclub so they must be opening that club downstairs again.

Not a bad club when the right crowd is in there.

A lot of work going on there the past few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Limerick adjacent but demolition work has started on part of The Two Mile Inn. What’s going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Limerick adjacent but demolition work has started on part of The Two Mile Inn. What’s going in there?

Seems to be a nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Vanquished wrote: »
    The city centre looks to be getting yet another coffee shop. Planning permission is to be lodged for a change of use of the former O'Sullivan's Pharmacy on the corner of O'Connell Street and Sarsfield Street. The applicant is Ciaran Butler, who I believe part-owns the Starbucks franchise in Ireland

I was hoping that corner would've been entirely redeveloped. But the current dilapidated building looks set to remain.

That's a pity. Wasn't there someone on here a few months ago saying that something big was happening here when O'Sullivans and the shoe repair place moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

There's a new restaurant 'The East Room' open in the white house in UL

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

Jofspring wrote: »

Are you basing this assumption on the 'Careline' signs?

Careline is a limerick moving company!

g

• Advertisement

It will be a nursing home
    for development which will consist of (a) Material change of use of part of the existing hotel to Convalescent Home, (b) Construction of dining room and day room extensions to side of existing rear wing of the premises, (c) Modifications to front elevation of existing building, (d) Demolition of existing water tower structure, bar area, toilet block and stores, (e) Internal modification and auxiliary works to existing premises, (f) Internal remodelling of part existing hotel to include the provision of 27 bedrooms, toilets, stores and restaurant/cafe areas, (g) Construction of extension to accommodate hotel restaurant/cafe, (h) The provision of hotel reception in the existing north apartment hotel block, (i) Construction of canopy and entrance to hotel through the north hotel apartment block, (j) The upgrade of existing pump station to rear of site, connection to the public mains water supply or additional works required to complete the site development. Works to be carried out over at least two phases.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

godfrey wrote: »
    Are you basing this assumption on the 'Careline' signs?

Careline is a limerick moving company!

g

There's been long term plans to turn it into a nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

pigtown wrote: »
    That's a pity. Wasn't there someone on here a few months ago saying that something big was happening here when O'Sullivans and the shoe repair place moved?

I'd heard mutterings too that it was to be pulled down and replaced with a larger building. It's a very prominent corner that could definitely take an extra floor or two. The buildings on that stretch of O'Connell Street up as far as Bedford row are miserable. With the exception of the Permanent TSB premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Vanquished wrote: »
    I'd heard mutterings too that it was to be pulled down and replaced with a larger building. It's a very prominent corner that could definitely take an extra floor or two. The buildings on that stretch of O'Connell Street up as far as Bedford row are miserable. With the exception of the Permanent TSB premises.

I actually saw the plans for it sitting right in front of me. Theres a big issue with water getting in at the back.

Looks like they are going another way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Jofspring wrote:

Yep its james and anne marie moore that also run a nursing home in bruree and childcare centre in charleville. I'm suprised they finally got planning permission. Wasn't it rejected a number of times due to neighbouring homes/apartments that were built onto the original hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

panda100 wrote: »
    Yep its james and anne marie moore that also run a nursing home in bruree and childcare centre in charleville. I'm suprised they finally got planning permission. Wasn't it rejected a number of times due to neighbouring homes/apartments that were built onto the original hotel?

Are there people living there still?.,, it’s a pretty dreary sight/site ... if I was living there I’d be delighted to see something happening finally, the hotel and grounds look pretty miserable to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

martyc5674 wrote:
    Are there people living there still?.,, it’s a pretty dreary sight/site ... if I was living there I’d be delighted to see something happening finally, the hotel and grounds look pretty miserable to say the least.

I thought the original planning permission was rejected years ago because those who brought the houses beside the hotel did so with the understanding they would have access to leisure facilities in the hotel. I don't know why that has suddenly changed? Maybe the Moore's brought the houses or something? There were people living in them from what I know.

I thought the original planning permission was rejected years ago because those who brought the houses beside the hotel did so with the understanding they would have access to leisure facilities in the hotel. I don't know why that has suddenly changed? Maybe the Moore's brought the houses or something? There were people living in them from what I know.

New application was made after that and was also appealed but it says on the planning system that the appeal was withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

I know Boojum is opening on Patrick’s Street soon, but is there any exact date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I know Boojum is opening on Patrick’s Street soon, but is there any exact date yet?

25th of December.

Edit. This isn't after hours. People are here looking for accurate information. Not nonsense. Markar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

martyc5674 wrote: »

There are people living in the two (?) storey section to the right of the site. Side nearest Shannon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I won't have anyone speak ill of Mags!! She's got character and is one of our own. Boojum is just another souless chain.I think I od'd on Boojum burritos when I lived in Dublin and now I just find them too filling and meh.

She has character alright.

Can't wait for Boojums.

25th of December.

I’d find that funny if I was 12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I’d find that funny if I was 12

Well don't ask stupid questions so.

Well don't ask stupid questions so.

Asking what date a new business is opening in the Limerick businesses opening thread is a stupid question?

Asking what date a new business is opening in the Limerick businesses opening thread is a stupid question?

They may have just had soggy cornflakes for breakfast and had a bad day, it happens ;)

In any case I’ll keep my ears cocked and eyes pierced for an opening date.

Thanks all...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sounds like Rocky (of the old Blind Pig) is opening his new bar on Catherine Street. The Commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Sounds like Rocky (of the old Blind Pig) is opening his new bar on Catherine Street. The Commercial.

Opened last night, I was in for a few hours. It's a nice place, very comfortable and a nice selection.

Will definitely be a regular haunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

source wrote: »
    Opened last night, I was in for a few hours. It's a nice place, very comfortable and a nice selection.

Will definitely be a regular haunt.

Where on Catherine st?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

a lot of bars/ venues opening this year. we will all need to up our drinking game!

Advertisement