Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://limerickunderground.org/2016/06/03/introducing-the-badass-lady/

I've been reading the many posts on this thread for and against this particular burrito business and initially felt biased against her on the back of the criticisms. My curiosity led me to her business FB page and discovered this great interview with her. I now totally get her strategy and respect her for it. She's doing it for love, not profit and explains why she won't compromise on quality, even if it means selling out of product on many days ( the Vietnamese lunch lady was a great analogy).

Some of the critics here should read this article. Yes she might lose some customers to Boojum but I don't think she'll be losing sleep over it. I smiled at her reference to Boards.ie. I'm really liking this lady and will have to try one of her burritos when I'm down next, as long as I'm early and it's open!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ongarboy wrote: »

I've been reading the many posts on this thread for and against this particular burrito business and initially felt biased against her on the back of the criticisms. My curiosity led me to her business FB page and discovered this great interview with her. I now totally get her strategy and respect her for it. She's doing it for love, not profit and explains why she won't compromise on quality, even if it means selling out of product on many days ( the Vietnamese lunch lady was a great analogy).

Some of the critics here should read this article. Yes she might lose some customers to Boojum but I don't think she'll be losing sleep over it. I smiled at her reference to Boards.ie. I'm really liking this lady and will have to try one of her burritos when I'm down next, as long as I'm early and it's open!!

A good read, but to be fair (and I am sure there are many many ex-customers who will agree), the soup nazi is a great comedic character in a sitcom. It's not real life. In the sitcom, they come back. In real life, they go somewhere else.

But again, it's her business. She's worked hard to run it exactly the way she wants - for many, the dream is to have a business and run it exactly how they want to run it. She is doing that so fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Her mother has passed away (RIP) in the last year also but it doesnt mean you can treat people the way she has been. It's not only boards.ie posters that says she has a bad attitude, its people on her facebook page and then does that simply dont return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mc Love wrote: »
    Her mother has passed away (RIP) in the last year also but it doesnt mean you can treat people the way she has been. It's not only boards.ie posters that says she has a bad attitude, its people on her facebook page and then does that simply dont return.

Agree. Customer service plays a huge part in any business and she doesn't seem to realise that. Why would anyone willingly hand over their hard earned cash to someone who is incredibly rude and has such a bad attitude towards customers?

Roll on Boojum opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

New estate agents open in where Dineen bookshop was on Henry Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

dashoonage wrote: »
    Hoping to be open before xmas is what im told.

I'll update more if i find out.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The Wild Onion is a massive loss to Limerick as Ruth's eccentricity.
    Is this Bad Ass lady in the same category or am I comparing apples and oranges.

I love using businesses that have character and I always enjoyed going into The Wild Onion as a result. Same reason I go to Badass too. Mags is always lovely to me and her burritos are top-notch.

I see the council are opening up Cleeves as a car park over the holiday season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

panda100 wrote: »
    I see the council are opening up Cleeves as a car park over the holiday season

A good idea if the weather plays ball. No doubt people will moan about the distance from Cleeve's to town. :pac:

A good idea if the weather plays ball. No doubt people will moan about the distance from Cleeve's to town. :pac:

Should have built that footbridge

A good idea if the weather plays ball. No doubt people will moan about the distance from Cleeve's to town.

Oh i presume they already are over on facebook! If it's not right in front of the shop you want is it even limerick parking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I see the council are opening up Cleeves as a car park over the holiday Christmas season[/URL]

Fixed that for you, this isn't the States. ;-)

davo2001 wrote:

That's the atheist in me coming out there i think!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I'd take Badass lady over the fakeness that has creeped into the cafes restaurants etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

davo2001 wrote: »
    That's the atheist in me coming out there i think!

"Festive" it is so

Happy Holidays
    Happy Christmas
    I'm going with "Happy Festivities" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Berty wrote: »
    "Festive" it is so

Happy Holidays
    Happy Christmas
    I'm going with "Happy Festivities" :D

1133003_1280x720.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bigpink wrote: »
    I'd take Badass lady over the fakeness that has creeped into the cafes restaurants etc

Fakeness? Silly post, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Never had any issue with the lady in Badass. She's always been nice to me anyway. The Burritos she makes are incredibly good though.

I was in Dublin the other day and walked passed Boojum down in Grand Canal Dock. They're popular ...

bigpink wrote: »

I find it endearing that she's obviously sh**e at using social media and the likes, unlike so many of the flashy, foodie places.

Ah Mags, the most divisive person in Limerick since William of Orange.

zulutango wrote: »
    Never had any issue with the lady in Badass. She's always been nice to me anyway. The Burritos she makes are incredibly good though.

I was in Dublin the other day and walked passed Boojum down in Grand Canal Dock. They're popular ...

Probably because they serve good food and dont treat customers like shite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Numerous Supermacs have opened most recently on the Ballysimon Road im losing count of the amount of Supermacs restaurants there is in Limerick City but its quite a lot thats for sure.

• Advertisement

I find it endearing that she's obviously sh**e at using social media and the likes, unlike so many of the flashy, foodie places.

Ah Mags, the most divisive person in Limerick since William of Orange.

Small point of information. William wasn't divisive at all. He was the exact opposite. The whole city was united against him and withstood two long, bloody sieges by William's army, even though the war had been lost when King James had fled to France after the Battle of the Boyne the previous year. A more divisive figure than King William was probably Eamon De Valera.

Mutant z wrote: »
    Numerous Supermacs have opened most recently on the Ballysimon Road im losing count of the amount of Supermacs restaurants there is in Limerick City but its quite a lot thats for sure.

There's a serious market for junk food in this city. Not good really.

There's a serious market for junk food in this city. Not good really.

6 in the city?

Small point of information. William wasn't divisive at all. He was the exact opposite. The whole city was united against him and withstood two long, bloody sieges by William's army, even though the war had been lost when King James had fled to France after the Battle of the Boyne the previous year. A more divisive figure than King William was probably Eamon De Valera.

It was meant to be a joke :rolleyes:

It was meant to be a joke :rolleyes:

Try harder next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

ongarboy wrote: »

Good piece, she’s an interesting character.

Thanks but your humor advice is really not wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

6 in the city?

7 and one more to come in the CPH.
    He took a chance on Limerick when no one else would and it paid off,bit like KFC in Northern Ireland.
    He's found hard to break Cork City but the one in Mallow must be one of the busiest fast food outlets in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dracula!

Father in the last few weeks as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm delighted the Burrito Wars is going to heat up a bit, too much detente there for a while.

Had Boojum in Galway before and it was very good.

Advertisement