Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

bigpink wrote: »
    I'd take Badass lady over the fakeness that has creeped into the cafes restaurants etc

Damn straight...

The faux hipster "vibe" is unbearable at times..... There was a guy in Galway that just made me stop going.
    If you asked for their hottest sauce he would try talk you out of it.
    "Woah woah dude, I'm not sure what you're doing here dude, I mean this hot sauce is hotter than hot etc etc"

Yes, I know how hot it is, thats why I asked for it ya gom.

"Then you gotta get some sour cream on that to take the edge off"

I DONT WANT SOUR CREAM, SHUT THE FCUK UP AND MAKE MY DAM BURRITO!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

RINO87 wrote: »
    Damn straight...

The faux hipster "vibe" is unbearable at times..... There was a guy in Galway that just made me stop going.
    If you asked for their hottest sauce he would try talk you out of it.
    "Woah woah dude, I'm not sure what you're doing here dude, I mean this hot sauce is hotter than hot etc etc"

Yes, I know how hot it is, thats why I asked for it ya gom.

"Then you gotta get some sour cream on that to take the edge off"

I DONT WANT SOUR CREAM, SHUT THE FCUK UP AND MAKE MY DAM BURRITO!!!

Ok.

Some sort of fancy pants (portrayed by the hoarding) stationary shop due to open in the crescent soon. Not sure if they sell burritos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Some sort of fancy pants (portrayed by the hoarding) stationary shop due to open in the crescent soon. Not sure if they sell burritos though.

Yeah discussed a few pages back. An Australian Franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Dracula! wrote:
    Father in the last few weeks as well

Oh that's so sad to hear. By all accounts her parents were remarkable people. If that is the case I actually can't see her staying much longer in the city as without family commitments I say she would be keen to travel again, so boojum may just win the war.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

2 new kebab pizza places one beside station and another just up Edward st

2 new kebab pizza places one beside station and another just up Edward st

Are they just the old ones under new names?

Nope brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

the one on Lord Edward street is called 'Speedo' and seems to be run by the same people that run 'House Pizza' in Thomondgate.

will do well up there with all the students

damowill wrote: »
    the one on Lord Edward street is called 'Speedo' and seems to be run by the same people that run 'House Pizza' in Thomondgate.

Just passed it a while ago. Noticed people doing up that unit months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

damowill wrote: »

House Pizza? Remember that got hit with a closure order by the health board.

And Kennedy O Briens is now a pizza kebab and Afghan restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

And Kennedy O Briens is now a pizza kebab and Afghan restaurant

in fairness thats a massive improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

House Pizza? Remember that got hit with a closure order by the health board.

Not surprised... got a pizza there once and we couldn’t eat it there was so much sauce on it.

dashoonage wrote: »
    in fairness thats a massive improvement

Afghan good does sound interesting but pizza and kebab deffo not
    Look tacky outside also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

A good idea if the weather plays ball. No doubt people will moan about the distance from Cleeve's to town. :pac:

Didn't take long!! The obsessive attitude to parking in this city is staggering! This is the type of mindset that results in people parking up on footpaths and in the right hand lane on William Street.

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/limerick-christmas-shoppers-want-convenient-parkin/#.WiavTncA-HE.twitter

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that clip! Are people really that lazy that they can't walk for 5 minutes along a beautiful, scenic walkway along the river into town? I've no doubt that those giving out are more than likely overweight and the short stroll will actually do them a pile of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

If we want to be a successful, thriving city, we should be reducing parking, not increasing it. While this might sound paradoxical it has been proven to be effective elsewhere.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2011/07/110713-cutting-down-on-city-parking/

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/sep/27/cities-eliminating-car-parks-parking

panda100 wrote: »
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that clip! Are people really that lazy that they can't walk for 5 minutes along a beautiful, scenic walkway along the river into town? I've no doubt that those giving out are more than likely overweight and the short stroll will actually do them a pile of good.

Google maps says its a 14 min walk from Cleeves to Arthurs Quay. The majority of people will do it in 10 or 11 mins or so. Could possibly take the same amount of time walking from the hardware section of Tesco in the Crescent to the very back of the Argos entrance car park.

If every multi story in town was free of charge for the Christmas period someone, somewhere will complain that its not good enough. Fcuk em. If they don't want free parking the extra few mins walk outside of the city let them pay the €2.30 an hour or whatever it is in a multi story. Christmas business is and will remain booming in Limerick either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The Council are to be commended for this solution, in my opinion. It's a pretty good compromise. It's also advantageous for people who don't want to get caught in city centre traffic.

The Limerick Leader and Live 95fm have become platforms for cranks.

• Advertisement

If every multi story in town was free of charge for the Christmas period someone, somewhere will complain that its not good enough. Fcuk em. If they don't want free parking the extra few mins walk outside of the city let them pay the €2.30 an hour or whatever it is in a multi story. Christmas business is and will remain booming in Limerick either way.

I know a lot of people that park in The Strand car park when shopping in town and Cleeves is not that much further than this. It will be interesting to see how much uptake there is in the Cleeves parking though. I think its a good initative by the council, making use of a vacant site and trying to facilitate people accessing the city.

zulutango wrote: »
    The Council are to be commended for this solution, in my opinion. It's a pretty good compromise. It's also advantageous for people who don't want to get caught in city centre traffic.

The Limerick Leader and Live 95fm have become platforms for cranks.

Traffic will be a balls out that way for the month though. No avoiding that really given the time of year.

I know a lot of people that park in The Strand car park when shopping in town and Cleeves is not that much further than this. It will be interesting to see how much uptake there is in the Cleeves parking though. I think its a good initative by the council, making use of a vacant site and trying to facilitate people accessing the city.

I have absolutely no doubt that it will be a success. People tend to forget how small Limerick city centre is. EVERYTHING is within a reasonable walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I’m going to offer lifts to people from Cleeves to town for 50c. I’ll pick up those coming back at the boardwalk. I’ll make a fortune.

I’m going to offer lifts to people from Cleeves to town for 50c. I’ll pick up those coming back at the boardwalk. I’ll make a fortune.

A private bus company could very well make a few quid out of this. Say €2 return and two mini busses on the go. One going in and one going out.

We go halves on a couple of mini busses? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

I used live in the houses behind cleaves. On a mild day I would walk to town for a coffee and pastry and have it on the boardwalk behind Dunnes. Those boardwalks are probably the best improvement the city has seen in my lifetime at least. Limerick city seen from O'Callaghan strand is the the most beautiful city in Ireland imo.

On a cold, wet morning tho that walk to town is nothing short of cruel. The bridges leave you exposed to the wind you didn't realise was there. It whips the rain sideways into your face and turns your umbrella inside out. I used to spend ages on the bus rubbing my face until the feeling came back.

It will be interesting to see how much the car park is used. As said previously, the council deserve there fair dues for making this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

The amount of illegal parking in Limerick is already beyond a joke (vehicles on double yellow lines, disabled bays with no permit, footpaths etc). Seems though that they rarely get a ticket (at least not in the evening times).

I doubt this will change during the xmas shopping season so no doubt these people will find plenty of illegal spots to use that are as close to the shops as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Boojum:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/285763/jobs-to-flow-with-mexican-food-brand-to-open-limerick-restaurant.html

Great Location tbh... should be good addition, more options and more jobs

I see Bentleys is reopening as 101 O'Connell St which will feature a 1920's speakeasy bar with a sisha garden bar. Sounds interesting.

• Advertisement

I see Bentleys is reopening as 101 O'Connell St which will feature a 1920's speakeasy bar with a sisha garden bar. Sounds interesting.

Yeah icon symths opening it

Advertisement