Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

12 is better than none, and those 12 will have a knock on affect. And I doubt they count delivery drivers who have another stop on their route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Polish Store opened a few days ago by peoples park, in the green building by the flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

12 is better than none, and those 12 will have a knock on affect. And I doubt they count delivery drivers who have another stop on their route.

Without doubt it's great and an Easons might attract similar tenants to the Parkway.

Anyone know what's going into the old Nestors/Sequoia Lane unit on O'Connell Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

Brazen Head has opened again, Night Club & Gourmet Lounge

• Advertisement

Looks interesting. Will give it a try. Thanks as I missed the article in LL.

Eason's in Parkway that's a good news story. Hope it leads to a revival. Used to like it but so many places closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Easons in the Parkway is opening tomorrow (19th). Should give that shopping center a nice shot in the arm. The old newsagent (now a budget book shop) may be on its last legs, I fear...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was in the Parkway shopping centre last Saturday afternoon at around 4.00pm. The place was a ghost town for what I would consider a peak time for shopping. I wish Eason the best of luck, I think they'll need it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Mr E wrote: »
    Easons in the Parkway is opening tomorrow (19th). Should give that shopping center a nice shot in the arm. The old newsagent (now a budget book shop) may be on its last legs, I fear...

That's the problem with these type of jobs, just replacing other ones. When a Tesco moves in, a few small shops will be moving out!

• Advertisement

Went in there at lunchtime -- Easons was very busy, and the car park was more full than usual. Good floor space too (3-4 units I think) - it's not a small shop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Went in there at lunchtime -- Easons was very busy, and the car park was more full than usual. Good floor space too (3-4 units I think) - it's not a small shop.

Going to pop in later on. It's great that Easons have the balls to go in there when so many have left in recent times. Hopefully this will help to bring in other stores to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Id imagine this will effect the footfall with easons in town as Id go to the parkway instead of town to buy a book now.

With 3 floors, Easons in town still has a much bigger selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

With 3 floors, Easons in town still has a much bigger selection.
    very true but the convenience of going to Easons in the parkway outweights going to town and I'm sure if they don't have a book they could order it from the shop in town for you.

Planning permission for a new butchers to go into the old Ryan's menswear unit on William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

IT company to open office in Limerick -
    Ward Solutions is to open an office in Limerick with the creation of five new jobs.
    The IT security services provider today made an announcement of a 3 million euro investment plan which includes 20 new jobs nationwide, five of which will be based in the company's new Limerick office.
    Ward Solutions is currently based in Citywest in Dublin and an office is also opening in Belfast.
    Chief Executive Pat Larkin told Live95fm news why the company chose Limerick as a location...

Link: http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/it-company-to-open-limerick-office/72dd2ee2-bd55-43e8-a1ee-2094aa2b52ae

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Beaver1 wrote: »
    very true but the convenience of going to Easons in the parkway outweights going to town and I'm sure if they don't have a book they could order it from the shop in town for you.

unless of course you live in the city ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

This was already posted in the Golf forum but no harm having it here either.

It seems the golf club in Limerick which was formerly known as Limerick County G&CC is opening up again under the name of just Ballyneety GC. There is a meeting regarding this in the South Court on Monday 30th July at 8pm. I presume this is to gauge interest.

If anyone knows someone with an interest in golf, it might be worthwhile to mention it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mad ^^^

I passed this yesterday for the first time in about a year and the course was full of people playing. I assumed it must have only closed for a few months or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Mad ^^^

I passed this yesterday for the first time in about a year and the course was full of people playing. I assumed it must have only closed for a few months or so.

It certainly is mad cause I'd say they were playing on a cut meadow. Course has been closed since last February 12 months as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Just noticed the old O'Connell Grill has a "Let by" sign on it. Anyone hear anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Mad ^^^

Well I looked at it tonight and can confirm that nobody played anything remotely like golf. There are no greens, no fairways and plenty of rough. It will take a major effort and a lot of time to produce anything like a golf course. I am interested in hearing what proposals are being put forward and the amount of interest that is generated by them.

Some people may have hit balls from one patch of ground that has been left full of huge tractor ruts to another patch where silage has been cut but there is no fine fairway grass on the course and the greens are full of thistle and ragwort at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭adaminho

I see according to the Leader Nandos are looking to open in the city by 2014 at the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Are there many business opening that don't involve stuffing your face or drinking coffee? Like maybe looking for some cool clothes or something? It's a disaster for men in Limerick.... absolute disaster....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

adaminho wrote: »
    I see according to the Leader Nandos are looking to open in the city by 2014 at the latest.

That is good news. Maybe some foodies might look down on them, but I think they're fun. I used to go there every couple of months when I lived in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

seachto7 wrote: »
    Are there many business opening that don't involve stuffing your face or drinking coffee? Like maybe looking for some cool clothes or something? It's a disaster for men in Limerick.... absolute disaster....
    Dude - grilled chicken, chips and beer versus clothes shopping? I know what I'd prefer in Limerick! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I suppose.........

Hopefully Nando's opens in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Hopefully Nando's opens in the city centre.

Hopefully there's a city centre to open in

Advertisement