Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Rift has opened in old canteen premises.
    Coffee is good.... :)

The price and quantity isnt however

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

2nd hand news of a new pub opening ... FB post from Nolan’s Butchers:

“The New Grove pub opening beside us at the Corbally Center are looking for Chefs & commis Chefs, all enquiries to Dawn on 086 3314364 pleas like & share,
    We had a look inside today and it’s going to be fab! Can’t wait to try the new menu 😋“

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Heard its the same lads who have the lease of the cauldron in Nicholas St and the North Star in Thomondgate. If so best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Heard its the same lads who have the lease of the cauldron in Nicholas St and the North Star in Thomondgate. If so best avoided.
    Have frequently been in both pubs local bars but far from the worst in the city by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The people who run what used to be the Cauldron (Now a Cafe/Bar) don't run the Northstar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

campo wrote: »
    The people who run what used to be the Cauldron (Now a Cafe/Bar) don't run the Northstar

I think your mixing the Cauldron up with Nellies Corner.
    The Cauldron is fine by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

campo wrote: »

You're thinking of Nellys Corner, that's run by Dave Ryan who used to run a bar on Broad St. Nellys Corner used to be Dick Devanes.

Work started on the new hook and ladder outlet across from the cbs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

sioda wrote: »

Sexton street??... for the court house no doubt. Cute out fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,319 ✭✭✭✭phog

I haven't been in a H&L yet, am I missing out on much?

My wife and her sisters had a bad experience in their Sarsfield St branch and maybe I swayed a bit by that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,704 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    Nice one- Cheers for that. Their website doesn't have them listed at all.

Wouldn't know about location but it says Limerick City.

Hoping to get away from Castletroy to be honest for work

STATS seem to be in Shannon by the way (not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread).

Interviews/Online Assesments just about starting up this week/the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Going on the size of the unit they should call it Nook and Ladder. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Will be ruined by school children from the across the way. They'll get the court staff and visitors but they'll get the nuisance from the schools as well.

Just like the two shops have trouble with them.

Berty wrote: »
    Will be ruined by school children from the across the way. They'll get the court staff and visitors but they'll get the nuisance from the schools as well.

Just like the two shops have trouble with them.

Doubt kids from Presentation and CBS will be going in to buy skinny cappuccinos and soya lattes somehow...more likely to go to the deli in Centra or O’Neill’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Doubt kids from Presentation and CBS will be going in to buy skinny cappuccinos and soya lattes somehow...more likely to go to the deli in Centra or O’Neill’s.

You'd be surprised. Even their mere presence around the place at lunchtime would be enough to put people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

phog wrote: »
    I haven't been in a H&L yet, am I missing out on much?

My wife and her sisters had a bad experience in their Sarsfield St branch and maybe I swayed a bit by that.

No, their service is appalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Wouldn't think hook and ladder would be in school kids price bracket.would they? i like the one in sarsfield street tbh. Like it for breakfast at the weekend but it's not that cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

No, their service is appalling

I’ve always had good service there... suppose I’ve been there 20 times, always found the service good.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

What unit is this going into?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Got a takeaway coffee from the Sarsfield St one once. It was rank!

• Advertisement

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    What unit is this going into?

The small unit by the back door to Shannon furniture. Used to be Crocodile Dundee’s pet grooming place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I've been in the Corbally one and it's overpriced rubbish, the coffee is poor as well, saying that most takeaway coffee is ****e.

Their coffee is not great and personally I will pass it every day but will walk on knowing better coffee can be got down town

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Had a nasty trip to the toilet after one of their lunches.
    But apparently they do good confectionery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Their coffee is not great and personally I will pass it every day but will walk on knowing better coffee can be got down town

Where would you rate?
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Had a nasty trip to the toilet after one of their lunches.
    But apparently they do good confectionery

I had a nasty trip to one of their toilets during the summer. The u bend had been removed from the urinal, there was no warning sign, I was wearing shorts and TOMS and well you can figure out the rest.. :eek::mad::eek::o:o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Does anyone know when Boojum is due to open?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Boojum is due to open?

Somebody posted the first of February here the other day.

Coffee for me my favourite is Harpers down in the market. My daily goto Carlton on Thomas Street. La Cucina but could be the cupcakes that are there tbh. Canteen I do enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,319 ✭✭✭✭phog

Coffee for me my favourite is Harpers down in the market. My daily goto Carlton on Thomas Street. La Cucina but could be the cupcakes that are there tbh. Canteen I do enjoy.

Canteen = paper cups, no thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

phog wrote: »
    Canteen = paper cups, no thanks

What's wrong with that?

Advertisement