Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

mossym wrote: »
    trinners? did it go through a stage of trying to appeal to a d4 wannabe crowd or something?

docs. early 90's. Angie(pretty sure that was her name) dancing on the table with the tequila bottle giving out free shots if you were in there early enough. that was even before there was the infamous nightclub shutdown until they sorted out the little window in docs to hand out the chicken curry so they could have a late license.

Thought it was chilli con carne?
    Was the hottest one i ever ate, sure it was just to make u drink more..

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but specsavers opening in Castletroy shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

They have also got permission for conversion of a retail outlet to dentist surgery. I heard that Supervalu is due to undergo a multi-million euro refit soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

pigtown wrote: »
    They have also got permission for conversion of a retail outlet to dentist surgery. I heard that Supervalu is due to undergo a multi-million euro refit soon too.
    Supervalu badly needs a refit. Hasn't really been done up since Superquinn opened.
    I must say though that whoever took over the management of this shopping centre deserves a huge pat on the back. What a transformation in the last twelve months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Is that centre full then ? I was hoping for a chopped :P still a great turn around for the place..im in there daily and its always busy now...it used to be a ghost town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

Supervalu badly needs a refit. Hasn't really been done up since Superquinn opened.
    I must say though that whoever took over the management of this shopping centre deserves a huge pat on the back. What a transformation in the last twelve months.

As a non frequent shopper I find supervalu really frustrating - constantly moving item locations and the randomness of the promotional open floor stalls with stacks of one or 2 items - some of them in the way of regular shelves. It's a nightmare for somebody that values order.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

turbbo wrote: »
    As a non frequent shopper I find supervalu really frustrating - constantly moving item locations and the randomness of the promotional open floor stalls with stacks of one or 2 items - some of them in the way of regular shelves. It's a nightmare for somebody that values order.

It happens in every store, tesco do it and so do Dunnes!

Mc Love wrote: »

Lidl don't really no matter where you go. I remember going into my local Lidl in the back arse of Paris when I lived there and knowing where most things were because I know Lidl on the Childers Rd like the back of my hand.

Pathetic I know but a convenient type of pathetic :pac:

Mc Love wrote: »

Dunnes does yes - tesco not so much. Supervalu is by far the worst for all those mid-floor stalls that are right in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lidl don't really no matter where you go. I remember going into my local Lidl in the back arse of Paris when I lived there and knowing where most things were because I know Lidl on the Childers Rd like the back of my hand.

Pathetic I know but a convenient type of pathetic :pac:

Yeah Lidl are good like that, even the shops in Castletroy and Childers roads are opposite in that you work from left to right in Castletroy and right to left in Childers road but everything seems to be in the same place. Can't say the same for Aldi, I'm used to their shop on the Dublin road but get totally lost in the Childers road shop.

• Advertisement

Yeah Lidl are good like that, even the shops in Castletroy and Childers roads are opposite in that you work from left to right in Castletroy and right to left in Childers road but everything seems to be in the same place. Can't say the same for Aldi, I'm used to their shop on the Dublin road but get totally lost in the Childers road shop.

Lidl is like an oasis of calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

New Asian supermarket open on upper William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

sioda wrote: »
    New Asian supermarket open on upper William Street.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Where?

Upper William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Where?

Where All Tan was

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

turbbo wrote: »

Owner is a guy from Cork. Used to own Cork City Fc during the good times. Supervalu refit is due to commence in the coming weeks. will be done in a series of sections so will be a long refit. Dentists have ads up for staff online. Specsavers has been a long running rumuor. to go in under the marbles unit. Very few units left in this centre. All seem to have been revitalised by Hook and Bella going in, seem to have drawn crowds. Planning in on corner of Sarsfield Street and O Connell street for another Starbucks. Old bank building on sarsfield street has also been bought and is now back on the market to lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Had a chat with the person responsible for opening of Starbucks locations in Ireland the week before last. I asked him about the new location in Limerick, I suggested Sarsfield Street as the rumour. He was very cagey about it, simply said "hmmm, watch this space"

Starbucks is operated by a company based in Dublin on behalf of Starbucks Inc and all the stores are run by the company, EE, not franchised out. There's a lot of locations in Canteens and Factories and places now as well it seems from talking to him.

Berty wrote: »
    Had a chat with the person responsible for opening of Starbucks locations in Ireland the week before last. I asked him about the new location in Limerick, I suggested Sarsfield Street as the rumour. He was very cagey about it, simply said "hmmm, watch this space"

Starbucks is operated by a company based in Dublin on behalf of Starbucks Inc and all the stores are run by the company, EE, not franchised out. There's a lot of locations in Canteens and Factories and places now as well it seems from talking to him.

Blight!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

anyone know why the situation is with Flanagans Townhouse (sister to Flanagans 'on the Lake Kilaloe') venture in Thomas street. It was supposed to open last summer (where Blind Pig was) afaik so not sure what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

damowill wrote: »
    anyone know why the situation is with Flanagans Townhouse (sister to Flanagans 'on the Lake Kilaloe') venture in Thomas street. It was supposed to open last summer (where Blind Pig was) afaik so not sure what happened

They're still tipping away at it. They've been working on it for around 9 months at this stage. No idea why it's taking so long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Vanquished wrote: »
    They're still tipping away at it. They've been working on it for around 9 months at this stage. No idea why it's taking so long!

i did some digging and found this:

http://www.therealinsta.com/post/1484298703555956674_4173638937

They must have had some issues in it taking so long! The toilets obviously needed to be fixed, but the rest of the ground and 1st floor werent too bad. the basement needed some work as well.

i must take a walk up that way to see whats going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Lots of work going on in Bourkes pub!

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Is this bring added to the Flannerys empire as I see the owner of big Flannerys in and out of there

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Is this bring added to the Flannerys empire as I see the owner of big Flannerys in and out of there

It is. They bought it a few months ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Yeah saw it getting ripped out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

bigpink wrote: »
    Yeah saw it getting ripped out

That was a beautiful pub back in the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wonder what kinda vibe they will be going for

They would be insanse not to retain the front bar. It's as authentic and traditional an old Irish pub as you could find.

Pretty sure I saw the old bar still in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Pretty sure I saw the old bar still in there

Bar, snug, fireplace wood panels all still there and staying there according to one of the guys working on it who showed me pictures. Pub is getting a lot of work to bring it back to its former look one of the nicest traditional pubs in town. New toilets, staircase etc. He said they hope to open next month.

Advertisement