Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Pat Mc Donell Paints opening in old Tri Bike building Raheen

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Gallee wrote: »
    Bar, snug, fireplace wood panels all still there and staying there according to one of the guys working on it who showed me pictures. Pub is getting a lot of work to bring it back to its former look one of the nicest traditional pubs in town. New toilets, staircase etc. He said they hope to open next month.

this side of town now has a lot of options, in the last year or 2, a lot of bars have opened: Wickham tap, The Commercial, Flannerys 1314, 101 Bar, Teds, and now Bourkes and soon Flannagans townhouse opening. The Whitehouse reopened and you could nearly add in House/Amber to that list.

The Market Quarter will really have to up its game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

damowill wrote: »
    The Market Quarter will really have to up its game!!

Nancy Blakes was very quiet last time I was in there (friday evening). I'd say they're feeling the pinch a bit. It looks like its nowhere near as popular as it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

zulutango wrote: »
    Nancy Blakes was very quiet last time I was in there (friday evening). I'd say they're feeling the pinch a bit. It looks like its nowhere near as popular as it used to be.

I stopped going there because you couldnt swing a cat in the place. No other pub in ireland have i had as many people drunkenly bump into me spilling my pint. My shoes used to be wrecked from the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Goosers Bar Corbally 're opening soon under new name The Grove according to a FB page .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The 'Market Quarter' in general is a joke. The place is a complete mess. It's ugly and dirty! Nancy's badly need to upgrade their facilities in the outback area. They had plans to convert the old warehouse in to extra bar space. They would want to get cracking on that now. No business can stand still for too long.

Agreed. It's lost its charm for sure. The clientele are getting rougher too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Goosers Bar Corbally 're opening soon under new name The Grove according to a FB page .

North Star bar thomondgate opening it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I don't want to wish misfortune on any place, but I have very little sympathy for Nancys loosing business. They had a monopoly on Limerick nightlife for a long time and took full advantage by squeezing in as many people as possible into the outback! To be fair to them, they never put a cover charge in place but I actively avoided going there in recent times as it was too uncomfortable in there (maybe I'm showing my age in complaining about that!:pac:)

Anyway, it's great to see so many new bars and venues opening - always an indicator of the economy which, it has to be said, is improving in Limerick. At long last, we have a viable choice on nights out now, instead of Nancys/Icon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

101 is pretty rough for a new place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Is this the same pub unit as Bourkes aswell or just an adjacent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

D Trent wrote: »
    Is this the same pub unit as Bourkes aswell or just an adjacent one?

Yes and No. Separate building's but the walls were knocked through a number of times of the years and rebuilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

bigpink wrote: »
    101 is pretty rough for a new place

Thought the complete opposite myself.

Thought the complete opposite myself.

Not rough enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Outdoor Adventure Store (aka the scout shop) opened today on Cruises St. In the old mothercare unit AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Ramen Asian food restaurant is opening a second place inside Ivans shop on Ennis Road

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Ramen Asian food restaurant is opening a second place inside Ivans shop on Ennis Road

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

tommy249 wrote: »
    Think they will do well. Haven't been to the one in the Crescent yet. Branch in Cork was decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Think they will do well. Haven't been to the one in the Crescent yet. Branch in Cork was decent enough.

Which one? They're as numerous as Starbucks Aroi is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Which one? They're as numerous as Starbucks Aroi is much better.
    One which was within walking distance of the bus station. Must get back to Aroi at some point, that's a good call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Work going on in Baker Place....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Bring back Bakers and the Wicked Chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Loved the Wicked Chicken. Brought a girl on a date there once and she was uber impressed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Work going on in Baker Place....

Loved Baker(Break yur Face) Place, my go to place in the mid nineties to see Easi Singles up in the bar (are they still going?) and then downstairs for dancing to Peaches by Presidents of the USA...check out that toon on Spotify if you don't know it!! It rocks 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jose Maria

Passed the wicked chicken a few weeks ago it looks like there's an office in there now so cant see that ever making a return

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jose Maria wrote: »
    Passed the wicked chicken a few weeks ago it looks like there's an office in there now so cant see that ever making a return

Didn't the Red Ribbon Project move in there a while back? I could imagine Baker's possibly coming back in some form, but not the Chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Work ongoing since Monday in old Muchins Grill in Westbury centre which closed in late Dec, old signage coming down earlier. Staff wanted signs in window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Work started in the Wackey Shoes building on O’C Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Work started in the Wackey Shoes building on O’C Street.

Any idea what's going in there? Hope it's something decent (i.e. not a pound shop), as that is a fairly prominent location in the city center

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Work ongoing since Monday in old Muchins Grill in Westbury centre which closed in late Dec, old signage coming down earlier. Staff wanted signs in window.

Didn't realise it closed, won €100 there one time on a slot machine.

Advertisement