Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

No idea, just passed it this afternoon and there was builders working in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 waggs

'The Grove' going into the old McLaughlins pub in Corbally - location of the Old Ark pub - says opening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

what is the grove?

coffee shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

mitresize5 wrote: »
    what is the grove?

coffee shop?

Gastro pub I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Little or no imagination gone into the naming of that place as there's already a "The Grove" - its a vegan deli on Cecil St

They should really market it towards bikers.

Biker Grove.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Didn't the Red Ribbon Project move in there a while back? I could imagine Baker's possibly coming back in some form, but not the Chicken.

yep red ribbon now Goshh are in the right side

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

Mc Love wrote: »
    Little or no imagination gone into the naming of that place as there's already a "The Grove" - its a vegan deli on Cecil St

I would imagine the name Grove is coming from the nearby Grove Island in the Abbey river.

mart 23 wrote: »
    I would imagine the name Grove is coming from the nearby Grove Island in the Abbey river.

Even still it's an ugly name
    Some imagination like Corbys of corbally or anything
    Jesus

• Advertisement

I'm just gonna settle right in...
    tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 4 strange_duck

more a question about business already established

can anyone recommend someone to insulate an attic , rang one crowd and they never got back to me

thanks ( insulation company )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

can anyone recommend someone to insulate an attic , rang one crowd and they never got back to me

I used Envirobead about two years ago

http://www.envirobead.com/installers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

We used GEM Insulation: pumped the walls and insulated the attic and did the paperwork for the grants for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Permission granted for another Starbucks at the corner of O'Connell Street and Sarsfield Street. This is the third premises on that block that has had a change of use from retail in the past 2 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

New kebab shop on Catherine st trying to open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

bigpink wrote: »

This city must go through a serious amount of kebabs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bigpink wrote: »

They will do well. No competition worth talking about. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Is there a good kebab place in town.. anywhere worth trying out?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Work ongoing since Monday in old Muchins Grill in Westbury centre which closed in late Dec, old signage coming down earlier. Staff wanted signs in window.

Just saw on FB that Lui’s chipper (also on Father Russell Road) is going in there. Official opening tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

All the kebab places in Limerick all seem to be the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

A new Italian themed "food and wine hall" is opening in the former retail unit on the ground floor of the George hotel on O'Connell Street. It'll be operated by Ronan Branigan who also runs The Savoy hotel and Hamptons restaurant. I had a peek in the door earlier. It looks like a shop, deli, pizzeria, cafe and restaurant all in the one long space. It'll be known as Findlater & Co.

It looks like the former Chocolat restaurant next door is also re-opening. More than likely under a new name and operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Sounds very similar to Da Vincenzo's upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Savoy are also opening what was Chocolat it will be French cuisine, fine dining.

Kennedy o briens repening

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Edward's Lifesciences setting up in Shannon, 600 jobs to be created. It's in Shannon but will definitely be a good thing for Limerick. Hiring 60 this year and hoping to be fully operational by 2020. Great boost for the region.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/us-company-to-bring-600-jobs-to-shannon-830877.html

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Edward's Lifesciences setting up in Shannon, 600 jobs to be created. It's in Shannon but will definitely be a good thing for Limerick. Hiring 60 this year and hoping to be fully operational by 2020. Great boost for the region.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/us-company-to-bring-600-jobs-to-shannon-830877.html

Its not decided yet as to where the Manufacturing site will be . It could be Shannon or Limerick . The present Shannon site is only temporary. Regardless where ever it ends up its still excellent news for the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

bigpink wrote:
    Kennedy o briens repening

Scruffy (I think) Murphy's. They were working on the signage as I passed just now.

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    Scruffy (I think) Murphy's. They were working on the signage as I passed just now.

I’d say a half assed job looking at it.Wonder is it still indians running it

Advertisement