Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Ex-spur, now Del Arte unit in the crescent would have been ideal I think.

Seachto7, I was only messing like. I am a big fan of nandos tho. What sorta men's clothing were ya hoping for our of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm a metrosexual!! Only looking for the fancy trendy auld sh*te now.....! :0

Nah, I just remember there being a lot more choice for men's clothes in Limerick, Tony Connolys downstairs used to be very good...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

seachto7 wrote: »
    I'm a metrosexual!! Only looking for the fancy trendy auld sh*te now.....! :0

Nah, I just remember there being a lot more choice for men's clothes in Limerick, Tony Connolys downstairs used to be very good...

That was because of the red haired girl that worked down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

that golf club won't open till may next year at the earliest loads to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

that golf club won't open till may next year at the earliest loads to be done

I got the Limerick City and County clubs mixed up. My references previously referred to the other golf club which I thought was closed recently as well. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

New ethnic food shop open on upper Gerald griffin street, Romanian food!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

New restaurant opening on Mount Kenneth!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

New restaurant opening on Mount Kenneth!

Is that going in where that old restaurant used to be? Up from dominoes?

I haven't been down that way in a while but I'd say it is.
    Piece on Live95fm news about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That was because of the red haired girl that worked down there.

haha, jaysus, I forgot about her!!!:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

adaminho wrote: »
    I see according to the Leader Nandos are looking to open in the city by 2014 at the latest.

Meh they are just robbing my old posts. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Tis indeed.
    Can't remember the name of it right now. It's an Italian restaurant and pizzeria. Looks swanky inside. At least they got rid of that rotten red overhang above the door!

roast wrote: »

Tis indeed.
    Can't remember the name of it right now. It's an Italian restaurant and pizzeria. Looks swanky inside. At least they got rid of that rotten red overhang above the door!

Walked passed it there earlier, Casa Nostra and it did look rather swanky :p smell from there was nice too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is it sit down or takeaway?Think a takeaway would do better 2 sit down places have failed there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

roast wrote: »
    Tis indeed.

Think it was "Bruschetta"?

Although afaik they traded under another name prior to/before that. Anyway good to hear it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

europa11 wrote: »
    Think it was "Bruschetta"?

Although afaik they traded under another name prior to/before that. Anyway good to hear it's back.

It was originally The Bruschetta Bar, then it was Henri's Bistro, now it's something else. It only lasted as Henri's Bistro for a few months, if even that!

bigpink wrote: »
    Is it sit down or takeaway?Think a takeaway would do better 2 sit down places have failed there

It's a sit down restaurant. Casa nostra is the name...

When I searched "Casa Nostra Limerick", this is the top result... Tony Frattaroli :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

A few weeks ago there was an article in one of the local papers about the new 'fashion quarter' that the traders on Roches St. and Catherine St. have designated the area. I think it has a lot of potential and I wish them well. The person being interviewed said that the initiative had convinced 3 new businessess to locate in the area. One of these is http://www.houseofnorden.ie/ which has located in the same building as http://www.morintino.net/ on Catherine St. Anybody know of the other two?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

pigtown wrote: »
    Anybody know of the other two?

Dont know if this is one of the other two but there's a lady's boutique in what was McDonagh's shop on Roches St, a few doors down from Ryan's jewelers, could even be next door to it, not sure.

phog wrote: »
    Dont know if this is one of the other two but there's a lady's boutique in what was McDonagh's shop on Roches St, a few doors down from Ryan's jewelers, could even be next door to it, not sure.

That's Virjinija's which just moved from above Eve's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

There's a new plus size bridal store opening in Newcastle West soon called More to Love Bridal https://www.facebook.com/MoreToLoveBridal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Cafe Mint has changed hands completely and had a refurb, Cafe Cupcake is the new name and the guy in charge is Timmy, seems like a nice chap, hopefully he will make a good go of it.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but Cafe Mint has changed hands completely and had a refurb, Cafe Cupcake is the new name and the guy in charge is Timmy, seems like a nice chap, hopefully he will make a good go of it.

Will be easy to trade off the back of Café Mint if he keeps the standard at a similar level?

Hope it works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Will be easy to trade off the back of Café Mint if he keeps the standard at a similar level?

Hope it works out!

All the she staff moved to a new place up at the top of Henry Street, so he'll have his work cut out for him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Where is Cafe Mint now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Timclements

zulutango wrote: »

Hope it works out!

All the she staff moved to a new place up at the top of Henry Street, so he'll have his work cut out for him!

Hi guys thanks for the best wishes I am the guy whO now owns cafe cupcake and it's true the Old staff did go up the road but that was before I came in we have a nice team working here now and working hard to make our place the best it can be there is plenty of room in Henry street two good places to eat we are brining people to this side of the city offering very different things Delphine is a very good and old friend if mIne so there will never be any cup cake wars lol so call in have a coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Hi guys thanks for the best wishes I am the guy whO now owns cafe cupcake and it's true the Old staff did go up the road but that was before I came in we have a nice team working here now and working hard to make our place the best it can be there is plenty of room in Henry street two good places to eat we are brining people to this side of the city offering very different things Delphine is a very good and old friend if mIne so there will never be any cup cake wars lol so call in have a coffee.

Good to hear, Tim. Hope Café Cupcake has wifi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Was in cafe cupcake for breakfast the other morning, it was great value and yummy so gets a thumbs up from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

Fitzgerald's Bar has opened in Thomondgate where Quilty's used to be. New owners and staff and renovated inside and out. Looks a lot nicer and handy if there is a match on in Thomond Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Fitzgerald's Bar has opened in Thomondgate where Quilty's used to be. New owners and staff and renovated inside and out. Looks a lot nicer and handy if there is a match on in Thomond Park.

Not sure this is actually good for Limerick.

Advertisement