Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I don't think I've ever seen such a 'slam dunk' on this forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

zulutango wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen such a 'slam dunk' on this forum :D

I was all set to respond until I saw pigtown's post. I thought better of it.

Lazy, baseless assertions demolished by real facts.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Overzealous parking wardens genuinely made me guffaw - I've never seen a place with more wantonly abandoned cars than Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

As for hook & Ladder:mad: Anyone who was left high and dry and owed fortunes from their previous venture must be sickened at the sight of H&L shops around the place.

Do explain? As far as I know they Owned Instore Furniture? Which went bust like hundreds of other companies? Very insensitive comment especially with the book and ladder provinding 90 odd jobs to the city according to their website? Be interesting to actually hear how much you were left high and dry for?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

South African cosmetic shop "Rain" opening in the old post office unit in Castletroy SC

• Advertisement

lazyman wrote: »
    South African cosmetic shop "Rain" opening in the old post office unit in Castletroy SC

Landlords out there meant to be brutal to deal with, demanding crescent shopping centre ratea

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Landlords out there meant to be brutal to deal with, demanding crescent shopping centre ratea

They are doing something right anyway, place is transformed compared to when they took it over

They are doing something right anyway, place is transformed compared to when they took it over

100% agreed ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Do explain? As far as I know they Owned Instore Furniture? Which went bust like hundreds of other companies? Very insensitive comment especially with the book and ladder provinding 90 odd jobs to the city according to their website? Be interesting to actually hear how much you were left high and dry for?

I wasn't left high or dry but I know some who were and if you ever met them you would be describing my comment as mild and not insensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Has the post office gone from Castletroy SC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Has the post office gone from Castletroy SC?

Just moved to the back, by the hair dressers. Surprised the didn’t put a sign at the old unit as its not very obvious where they went

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

mdmix wrote: »
    Just moved to the back, by the hair dressers. Surprised the didn’t put a sign at the old unit as its not very obvious where they went

ah ok, thanks for the reply. I havent been out there in awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://fora.ie/vue-showtime-cinemas-ireland-4081298-Jun2018/

International cinema chain Vue to take over Showtime cinema on the Ennis Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://fora.ie/vue-showtime-cinemas-ireland-4081298-Jun2018/

International cinema chain Vue to take over Showtime cinema on the Ennis Road.

Remember going to see the second Resident Evil film in the Vue in Exeter many moons ago. Takeover is better than it shutting down. Will be curious as to how much of an impact it has?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

The French Table owners are opening a new restaurant in the Milk Market.

Does anyone know the story with Greene's Cafe on William St.? It closed for renovations but there doesn't seem to be anything happening there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I hear there is going to be another super cafe within 5 mins of the parkway. Dont know how to use the planning permission pages to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Mr.H wrote: »
    I hear there is going to be another super cafe within 5 mins of the parkway. Dont know how to use the planning permission pages to verify.

What's a super cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Work has begun on converting the former Pharmacy at the O'Connell Street/Sarsfield Street corner in to a cafe. Another Starbucks it would appear.

The building was entirely vacant and presented an excellent opportunity to develop a more attractive and imposing presence on a prime corner site. It could've housed some much needed residential accommodation on the upper floors. Unfortunately they went for the easy option. Underlining the lack of ambition that is afflicting Limerick city centre at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Vanquished wrote: »
    Work has begun on converting the former Pharmacy at the O'Connell Street/Sarsfield Street corner in to a cafe. Another Starbucks it would appear.

The building was entirely vacant and presented an excellent opportunity to develop a more attractive and imposing presence on a prime corner site. It could've housed some much needed residential accommodation on the upper floors. Unfortunately they went for the easy option. Underlining the lack of ambition that is afflicting Limerick city centre at the moment.

Private owners deciding to rent out their premises rather than spending millions redeveloping at the whim of someone on boards says absolutely nothing the ambitions of Limerick City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I try not to go to Starbucks in Limerick and support independent local coffee shops instead but it can be really difficult. Starbucks is very handy when you want a comfy seat, access to free WiFi and some peace and quiet. Most coffee shops in Limerick have the radio blaring and close at 6pm. I'm sure Starbucks will do a roaring trade on O'Connell Street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

testicles wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Not that I know of. Canteen used to be open on evenings but recently ended that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Don't remember this being mentioned before, but Stats, a sports data company based in Chicago, has opened an office in Henry St for their European HQ recently.

I only discovered them after we saw several people earlier this evening in the city centre with mysterious badges, lanyards, bags etc. and wondered who they were. A bit of Googling and it seems to be this: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180611005640/en/STATS-Unveils-New-Office-European-Headquarters-Limerick

What's a super cafe?

Just a huge cafe. Think costa near tk makks and imagine it even bigger. This new place will be a costa. Trying to find out where exactly but all i hear is "5 mins" from parkway. One rumor is out the bally simon road but thats not concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Costa are going in on the grounds of the BMW garage on the ballysimon road. Planning was lodged last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

dashoonage wrote: »
    Costa are going in on the grounds of the BMW garage on the ballysimon road. Planning was lodged last year.

There's planning for a Costa next to the closed tile shop in the City East Retail Park across from B&Q. It looks to be an extension into the car park on the side of the building in the retail park rather than part of the garage. http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/17733/0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

There's planning for a Costa next to the closed tile shop in the City East Retail Park across from B&Q. It looks to be an extension into the car park on the side of the building in the retail park rather than part of the garage. http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/17733/0

mmm maybe they were rejected in the original location so.

Do they even need another costa in that area? Crazy if true but then again thats why they are in business and im not

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I know people working in the area and there's basically the two Coffee shops, one by the BMW dealership and the Cafe in the Furniture shop. Getting across to Northern Trust to the shop over there is not possible unless you drive as it's too dangerous so I'm sure those in the area will be glad to have more choice.

Except Costa food is not cheap but it might invigorate that corner of the car park/retail park.

• Advertisement

To be fair their prices are not too different to zest. I think they will take a lot of business out there anyway. There are a lot of customers at the weekend out there.

Advertisement