Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

kilburn wrote: »
    Belueve same chinese family own triple crown and the other two units.

Not sure the new venture will take off either as triple crown mark 2 didnt last long

I think the reason it didn’t take off is because Nelly’s corner is just up the road. Absolute Hotel also for tea/coffee.

Chipper wise, other than Stix (frozen chips), there’s not a single chipper on Kings Island (that I can think of).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Stix has been there so long that I couldn't see other chippers being able to compete with it, now if they open it as a Chinese take away they'll do well.

Stix has been there so long that I couldn't see other chippers being able to compete with it, now if they open it as a Chinese take away they'll do well.

I don’t know. I think there’s room for Stix skinny chips and regular chips. Stix don’t do cod either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

The Locke bar has a new burger van outside beside the river

The Donut Wars continue ....

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/321888/donut-effect-new-food-outlet-to-open-at-former-wacky-shoes-unit-in-limerick.html

“The Limerick Leader can reveal that Cork firm The Shack is to open in the former Wacky Shoes shop in the heart of O’Connell Street, which closed last year.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

Doughnut shop opening in the Old Wacky shoes. Will do ice cream and drinks too apparently. Its gonna be a crowd with a shop in Cork operating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/321888/donut-effect-new-food-outlet-to-open-at-former-wacky-shoes-unit-in-limerick.html

“The Limerick Leader can reveal that Cork firm The Shack is to open in the former Wacky Shoes shop in the heart of O’Connell Street, which closed last year.”
    Except this is a restaurant owner giving out about new competition.
    It's another empty unit being taken over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Wow. That is so unbelievably sh1t! I've no idea why I'm surprised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Vanquished wrote: »
    Wow. That is so unbelievably sh1t! I've no idea why I'm surprised though.

That she’s complaining, or that all we can attract onto our main city center street is a donut shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

damowill wrote: »

I wonder if it's the same owners as the original Green Onion restaurant, also on Rutland Street. It must have closed about 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Just when donut shops are shutting everywhere else.

Limerick is years behind on trends. It was the same with burritos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

When does Showtime/Vue reopen?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

The Bedford Café & Townhouse is opening next week. They also posted that their takeaway cups and lids will be 100% compostable. Good to see..

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

testicles wrote: »
    On that note, other than Starbucks, are there any other cafes that are open in the evenings?

Hook & Ladder on Sarsfield Street until 7pm. They have confirmed to customers recently that they will be opening in Shannon Town Centre, good news after recently seeing Starbucks open out in the industrial park out there

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

zulutango wrote: »
    I wonder if it's the same owners as the original Green Onion restaurant, also on Rutland Street. It must have closed about 15 years ago.

It is indeed. 8-4 opening hours. Nice to see another effort atgthat unit. Nice foot traffic from tourists etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any idea what's going into the new unit beside Subway in the crescent? They seem to be building a 2nd level for it...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nando's.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nando's.

I hear it was M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I hear it was M&S

Not Five Guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

source wrote:
    Not Five Guys?

Not this again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

shanmo wrote: »
    Not this again...

455659.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Donut-burrito megastore is my guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Ah come on guys. We all know it's a Dealz!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Please god yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually..... monorail.... Limerick..... Hmm.

Route 1: Shannon -> Bunratty -> City (Colbert?)
    Route 2: City -> Cresent -> Hospital -> Industrial Estate
    Route 3: X -> X-> University.... I give up now, too lazy.

K I'm gonna go take my tablets now..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Hello...im here about the monorail....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dashoonage wrote: »
    Hello...im here about the monorail....

Well, sir, there's nothin' on Earth like a genuine bona-fide electrified six-car monorail! What'd I say?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

People who despise the notion of other people gathering in pleasant surroundings to drink hot beverages and eat snacks will no doubt be blinded with rage at the opening of a new cafe on Bedford Row.

It will presumably be a welcome addition for non-weirdos.

https://twitter.com/The_Bedford_TH/status/1017384150549041152

Not sure if the hotel part is open yet, seems to just be the cafe so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Who doesn’t like to have a coffee in a cafe cum travel agents with a reception desk in between? :pac:

Advertisement