Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Shn99 wrote: »
    9PM

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Hook & laddervto open in shannon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Was trying to figure out who it was, I’m assuming it’s in the shopping centre on the corner down beside CEX near Dunnes, across from e-cig shop.

Worked well for them in Castletroy, Shannon in a similar place to what ctroy was a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah jaysus, ye already got Corbally, ye’re not getting Shannon too :D

Ah jaysus, ye already got Corbally, ye’re not getting Shannon too :D

Didn’t realise they were in corbally roo

• Advertisement

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Hook & laddervto open in shannon

Was trying to figure out who it was, I’m assuming it’s in the shopping centre on the corner down beside CEX near Dunnes, across from e-cig shop.
    Worked well for them in Castletroy, Shannon in a similar place to what ctroy was a few years back.

Dunno about that, Urban Green who own the Castletroy centre are in a much better position than the owners of the SkyCourt in that they bought the development at a discounted rate. SkyCourt have a lot of debts from their redevelopment AFAIK and rents there are quite high.
    Hook and Ladder would be a great addition though, they lost a few food outlets with the redevelopment of the food court into a cinema.

I might be wrong on the location, as the unit I was thinking of seems to be being taken by the crowd that are doing the cinema (OBSF I Ltd)

Didn’t realise they were in corbally roo

They are as it happens, but I was referring to your grabbing of Shannon and putting it in the Limerick forum!

Dunno about that, Urban Green who own the Castletroy centre are in a much better position than the owners of the SkyCourt in that they bought the development at a discounted rate. SkyCourt have a lot of debts from their redevelopment AFAIK and rents there are quite high.
    Hook and Ladder would be a great addition though, they lost a few food outlets with the redevelopment of the food court into a cinema.

I might be wrong on the location, as the unit I was thinking of seems to be being taken by the crowd that are doing the cinema (OBSF I Ltd)

When is the cinema due to open? Or is it already?

When is the cinema due to open? Or is it already?

Nah, it’s nowhere yet. Construction supposedly is going to start in the autumn, whcih I guess is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's a new cafe opening in the old Freshii unit, called Basil. It's all fitted out, I'd say it's due to open soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The new donut shop The Shack opened at the weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    There's a new cafe opening in the old Freshii unit, called Basil. It's all fitted out, I'd say it's due to open soon.

Looks like it's owned by the Bean a Tí people. The run a good business. Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The new donut shop The Shack opened at the weekend too.

Its the same type of donut that Funky Donuts did so I wouldnt be rushing to buy one from there. The donuts they have in Barrons on the Dock Road and in Raheen are much nicer and bigger too. They're made in Dublin by Boston Donuts
    zulutango wrote: »
    Looks like it's owned by the Bean a Tí people. The run a good business. Best of luck to them.

It's mad that they have it so close to their existing business

Mc Love wrote: »

It's mad that they have it so close to their existing business

Not really when you consider that they are flat out busy all the time and have no space to expand in their unit on Little Catherine Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I have never been into Bean an tí. Do they just do baked goods or have they a cafe for lunch etc?

Lots of baked stuff. They do basic lunches too, but they're not great at that, imo. It's generally very popular with old ladies, and especially so since Sage closed!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Its the same type of donut that Funky Donuts did so I wouldnt be rushing to buy one from there.

Not at all! Have you been in there yourself? They're streets ahead of Funky Donut!

Not at all! Have you been in there yourself? They're streets ahead of Funky Donut!

I have indeed and their donuts are the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I have indeed and their donuts are the exact same

Fight! fight! fight! fight!

Donut Wars are here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

New shop/newsagents opened on Parnell Street where MCS was. Nice job done on the inside of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dashoonage wrote: »
    Fight! fight! fight! fight!

Jujitsu rules? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Jofspring wrote: »
    New shop/newsagents opened on Parnell Street where MCS was. Nice job done on the inside of it.

Looks decent alright and with Maye’s gone it might do alright.
    Would love to see something done with that whole block though. A lot of wasted space overhead that could be turned into offices or even apartments.

Jujitsu rules? ;)

First rule of fight club....you do not talk about fight club

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Just saw an ad on FB for The Scout Shop. Looking for staff for a store on Cruises Street.

https://www.facebook.com/305770640867/posts/10155655599045868/

Edit: Reading it again it seems to indicate the shop is already open?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Just saw an ad on FB for The Scout Shop. Looking for staff for a store on Cruises Street.

https://www.facebook.com/305770640867/posts/10155655599045868/

Edit: Reading it again it seems to indicate the shop is already open?

It is, it's in the old Mothercare unit on Cruises St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Cruises St, when first conceived, it was mooted as Limerick's answer to Grafton St...now occupied by down market shops usually found in low rent, back streets away from the high streets ..a scout shop FFS...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

ongarboy wrote: »
    Cruises St, when first conceived, it was mooted as Limerick's answer to Grafton St...now occupied by down market shops usually found in low rent, back streets away from the high streets ..a scout shop FFS...

It's the Outdoor Adventure Store, same as in Dublin, they don't just stock scout things I'm sure (hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

ongarboy wrote: »

Cruises Hotel should never have been knocked and Cruises street should never have been built - instead they should have focused on William street as the main retail hub. The street is like something from Legoland - zero character .

Unfortunately Limericks retail core has lost nearly all it's ornate landmark buildings such as Cannocks now Pennys & the Sarsfield street entrance, Todds now BT & many others which were replaced by the eyesores that remain today - These eyesores add no architectural value or character to any city centre instead just dull & ugly.

For example compare the facades of Brown Thomas in both Cork and Galway to Limerick - the original ornate buildings are still intact resulting in an attractive streetscape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Cruises Hotel should never have been knocked and Cruises street should never have been built - instead they should have focused on William street as the main retail hub. The street is like something from Legoland - zero character .

Unfortunately Limericks retail core has lost nearly all it's ornate landmark buildings such as Cannocks now Pennys & the Sarsfield street entrance, Todds now BT & many others which were replaced by the eyesores that remain today - These eyesores add no architectural value or character to any city centre instead just dull & ugly.

For example compare the facades of Brown Thomas in both the Cork and Galway to Limerick - the original ornate buildings are still intact resulting in an attractive streetscape.
    Great point actually. For all the good Brown Thomas does for the city center (attracts a certain clientele), that shop front is terrible.

Advertisement