Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^

are they they a multi-national type of chain like starbucks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

They're definitely a chain as was in Dublin the weekend and there was a few dotted around O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jeepers, we're spoilt for choice nowadays aren't we

anyone of a certain vintage remember burgerland ?:o sends a shiver down my stomach thinking of the place

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

fryup wrote: »

anyone of a certain vintage remember burgerland ?:o sends a shiver down my stomach thinking of the place

Hi Hamburger in the Crescent was my favourite!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Had my birthday in there a couple of times, must have been 9 or ten. A two story chipper before there was ever a MacDonald's in limerick. Or supermacs. We were spoilt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The burgers were pretty bland as far as I can remember. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

oh i'm sure they were bloody awful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

mossym wrote: »
    Had my birthday in there a couple of times, must have been 9 or ten. A two story chipper before there was ever a MacDonald's in limerick. Or supermacs. We were spoilt

The Superdome on Thomas Street opposite Kranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Remember it well. In fairness prior to McD's and B/king coming to Limerick it was a fairly OK 'poor relation'.
    In fact, now that I think about it I even remember Karl Spain working there. He wasn't as funny back then..........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Remember it well. In fairness prior to McD's and B/king coming to Limerick it was a fairly OK 'poor relation'.
    In fact, now that I think about it I even remember Karl Spain working there. He wasn't as funny back then..........:)

He isn't funny now either. Anyhow I hear Limerick GAA are opening a pop up store tomorrow until next June where Kranks used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Not Limerick city but Iceland supermarket opening in Newcastle West.
    https://ie.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=3786a5e6d5855a2c&fccid=18161d5a96193ef2&vjs=3

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Mace and Chopped are opening on Catherine St. beside Uber and Basecamp fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭The_Dave

The Black Rabbit (pub) due to open where The Office was in the next few weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The_Dave wrote: »
    The Black Rabbit (pub) due to open where The Office was in the next few weeks

Any truth that it’s symths icon venture

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭The_Dave

bigpink wrote: »
    Any truth that it’s symths icon venture
    No idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

They are gutting the place by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

It's the guys from 'the library' I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »

Oh great another failed pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »

Pretty sure the same people owned both the library and the office . Unless the lads went out of business and someone else took it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

Library went into liquidation so moving
    back to the office

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    Oh great another failed pub.

5.5 years is a pretty good innings for that location, in fairness to them.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81152838&postcount=771

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was the Office sold or lease given up?

Pretty sure there was a problem there between the owner/lease owner of the office and the lads that then went on to open the library and that's why they moved on from the office that time.

Would be surprised if they are back in business together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Any barbers or mens hairdressers in Limerick City that open on a Sunday or late in the evening during the week?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

YFlyer wrote: »
    Any barbers or mens hairdressers in Limerick City that open on a Sunday or late in the evening during the week?

Thanks

The one in Arthur’s Quay opens on Sundays as does one on Roches Street and Boston Barbers in the Crescent!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The one in Arthur’s Quay opens on Sundays as does one on Roches Street and Boston Barbers in the Crescent!

Thanks

I'll go to either one in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Place in grove island will be open too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Pretty sure the same people owned both the library and the office . Unless the lads went out of business and someone else took it over.
    Didn't know that they were owned by the same crowd but, now that I do, it makes perfect sense. Two ****holes of pubs that offered nothing to the Limerick nightlife scene other than ****e drinks promotions and even worse music :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Vinny McMahon owned the Lease on the office. He then had two lads jointly running it for a while. They then went off and opened the library bar themselves. Vinny is now retired so they must be moving back in there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

New butchers open in Arthur's Quay. I hadn't been in there in a while so I'm not sure how long it's there. Frawleys. Looked quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

New butchers open in Arthur's Quay. I hadn't been in there in a while so I'm not sure how long it's there. Frawleys. Looked quite nice.

Only opened a week or two ago. Friendly staff and some good deals. Got nice steak from there.

Advertisement