Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

New Jack Jones store opening on cruises St soon, jobs advertised on the window of their shop in the crescent.

At least its another man's shop in the city. Although i haven't shopped there since they started catering for men with skinny legs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

That's good news. Wonder if it's going into the old Monsoon unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

When did Barry's Hardware shop in High St. close. I passed there last week (actually was going to go there to buy something!)? There is a for sale sign on the premises now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Maybe a year ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Another donut shop opening across from sadliers. Nom is the name I think, just saw the sign passing.

• Advertisement

My fav at the moment are the Boston Donuts in Barrons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Mc Love wrote: »
    My fav at the moment are the Boston Donuts in Barrons

You'll get fat! :pac:

You'll get fat! :pac:

I know - hence taken up cycling to work :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Hook & Ladder will be opening in the Gardens International development, looking for planning permission for changes to the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Wow wont be long before they go bust again

• Advertisement

pigtown wrote: »
    Hook & Ladder will be opening in the Gardens International development, looking for planning permission for changes to the unit

Great :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

Why is Hook & Ladder opening another unit a bad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

A great addition to the offering, from what I’ve heard it’s going to incorporate a cinema into the book and ladder unit.

What, in the cafe?

Because its not that good! they've one unit only a stones throw away and there's already loads of cafe's in the same area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Is the change of use to the former GPO building or the ground floor of the new build at the corner of Henry Street & Glentworth Street?

Strange decision by Hook & Ladder considering their flagship cafe is only a couple of blocks away. This will be their fifth Limerick outlet I believe.

Vanquished wrote: »
    Is the change of use to the former GPO building or the ground floor of the new build at the corner of Henry Street & Glentworth Street?

Strange decision by Hook & Ladder considering their flagship cafe is only a couple of blocks away. This will be their fifth Limerick outlet I believe.

Hard to tell where planning is for

Fifth is correct, their 4th is different to all others, my guess is it will be a completely different offering, and by cinema I mean bean bag area etc with projector

kilburn wrote: »
    Wow wont be long before they go bust again

Jealous?

Why is Hook & Ladder opening another unit a bad thing?

Always a good time in any of their stores, seems to be the typical Irish begrudgery- oh look someone’s doing well let’s slate them

I'm not sure. They want to put in a mezzanine so I imagine it's the newer one. That cinema idea is a bit left field but I'm sure they know what they're doing

• Advertisement

I'm not sure. They want to put in a mezzanine so I imagine it's the newer one. That cinema idea is a bit left field but I'm sure they know what they're doing

Is there a planning notice number?

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Always a good time in any of their stores, seems to be the typical Irish begrudgery- oh look someone’s doing well let’s slate them

I think it might relate to the shady way they left one business and then decided to open a completely new business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The new corner building has a double height space on the ground floor so I assume it's for there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Hook and Ladder are overpriced, mediocre and haven't a fcuking clue what the word service means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I see Mace is opening beside Uber.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

Hook and Ladder are overpriced, mediocre and haven't a fcuking clue what the word service means.

I assume you dont like them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

panda100 wrote: »
    I see Mace is opening beside Uber.

I'm glad to hear that, the city centre always strikes me as seriously lacking in convenience stores.

Are there any others bar the two Centras that I have missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear that, the city centre always strikes me as seriously lacking in convenience stores.

Spar on Henry St and Catherine St, newsagents in Arthurs Quay (can't think of the name), there's another at the top of William St which i can't name right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

keane2097 wrote: »

source wrote: »
    Spar on Henry St and Catherine St, newsagents in Arthurs Quay (can't think of the name), there's another at the top of William St which i can't name right now.

There are two on Upper William St. O'Neills and Centra. And there's another Centra on Lower William St at the bus stop along with the one on O'Connell St.

I wouldn't agree that there is a lack of convenience stores. I think the city center has plenty of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

jjoconoor wrote:
    Jealous?

Stupid comment to be fair, why would i be jealous ?

Its common sense, finance and business knowledge speaking

Advertisement