Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya and its called The Quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Kimberleys Closet is opening in the Parkway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sounds like a ladies undie shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭adaminho

New barber shop on the corner of Wickham stret and William street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Work going on in a former sale shop on Cruises Street. I think its going to be called Glitzi Bitz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

adaminho wrote: »
    New barber shop on the corner of Wickham stret and William street.

Good to see another business but this town is overrun with barber shops. I was talking to a barber the other day, he said the business is just not there to support all the different places around Limerick.

He seems to have a point, any time I pass one it seems to be empty. I remember going in to Gavin & Moore's a few years back and the place used to be jammed no matter when it was, nowadays it is very quiet in there.

You could say the same for a lot of other businesses in Limerick, too many of them for the population to support.

Figaro's is nearly always packed despite the prices! They must be doing something right!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mc Love wrote: »
    Figaro's is nearly always packed despite the prices! They must be doing something right!

Yeah whenever I go in there's always a queue! :eek:

Yeah whenever I go in there's always a queue! :eek:

You have to be smart and book ahead!

Planning application for change of use from retail to cafe/deli at the old Nestors shop on O'Connell St. by Eclipse cafe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Limerick seems to be turning into one big taxi rank and cafe!

Another new store at the Parkway. Born Clothing describes itself as the lovechild of Brown Thomas and Urban Outfitters. Also the Parkway seem to have a few new stores lined which they hope to have open by Christmas.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/limerick-shopping-centre-all-set-to-welcome-two-new-stores-1-4230840

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

pigtown wrote: »
    Another new store at the Parkway. Born Clothing describes itself as the lovechild of Brown Thomas and Urban Outfitters. Also the Parkway seem to have a few new stores lined which they hope to have open by Christmas.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/limerick-shopping-centre-all-set-to-welcome-two-new-stores-1-4230840

The Parkway seems to be getting a new lease of life these days what with Easons as well. I was there last year and it seemed very dreary and empty with all the vacant units. Glad to see it turning a corner as I always had a soft spot for it going back to my student days in UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

Is there really enough footfall in that place to keep these shops open in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Is that born place open yet? Is it just womens clothes or what? Limerick could do with a good menswear joint.

They sell men's women's kids and footwear

Craigels wrote: »
    They sell men's women's kids and footwear

Has it opened yet? I was in the parkway last week and didn't spot it.

Its opening soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

same as BORN shop in Galway?

Sorry, shudda read the link. It is the same. Can be good deals there. Interesting mix of stuff in Galway. I don't think the cafe that they have looking out on the weir in Galway would transfer so well to the Parkway though!

Not sure if its been touched upon in some other thread but Northern Trust are hiring more people - they already have 300 employed in their Plassey office - that has to be good news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    Not sure if its been touched upon in some other thread but Northern Trust are hiring more people - they already have 300 employed in their Plassey office - that has to be good news!

They pay well too so that's a heck of a lot of money back into the local economy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I heard something about nandos opening in the city centre.... Please be true!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

I heard something about nandos opening in the city centre.... Please be true!!!

if your lying....... i will find you..... i will meh you know he rest, but yeah please god let it be true

I only ate in Nando's once(in the shadow of Windsor castle) and was very underwhelmed but it beats the hell out KFC anyway, I don't think it's the kind of place you go back to again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

I only ate in Nando's once(in the shadow of Windsor castle) and was very underwhelmed but it beats the hell out KFC anyway, I don't think it's the kind of place you go back to again and again.

some are fantastic some are meh, could never understand that about nandos

My boss told me it was opening next to us in town... I hope he wasn't toying with me!! :)

caspa307 wrote: »

some are fantastic some are meh, could never understand that about nandos

Me neither.. I to to nandos in Swords when I'm in Dublin, and swords is always nicer... Have a free half chicken on my loyalty card.. I hope I can redeem it down here! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is Nandos like the same as KFC ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

bigpink wrote: »
    Is Nandos like the same as KFC ?
    Ah no, different experience. You'll have people saying its expensive for chicken and chips but I'm a big fan. I do grow my own piri piri chillis to make my own piripiri chicken tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

My boss told me it was opening next to us in town... I hope he wasn't toying with me!! :)

And where exactly would that be? :D:eek:

PM me if you want keep it quiet!

Advertisement