Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

New cafe - Basil, where freshii used to be. They do sambos, wraps, salads, soups, breakfast stuff and baked stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

New cafe - Basil, where freshii used to be. They do sambos, wraps, salads, soups, breakfast stuff and baked stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

shanmo wrote: »

Nothing different to the myriad of other places. Doomed to fail. A new place needs an USP. Organic? something like that. Otherwise you are just another sandwich shop
    That Sodalicious place. Not sure what they are at? A soda bread bakery? Basing a food business on soda bread. Some mad economics going on there. Went in there for a coffee. Huge waste of space. About 20 tables spread around a massive island and massive kitchen. I have had successful food business and that is the worst use of space i have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

snowcat wrote: »
    Nothing different to the myriad of other places. Doomed to fail. A new place needs an USP. Organic? something like that. Otherwise you are just another sandwich shop

Exactly 👌ðŸ»

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Same crowd as Bean an Ti so the quality will be excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

good quality, friendly staff.....those two qualities should make it a success

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

good quality, friendly staff.....those two qualities should make it a success

These should be a given. They are not USP

sorry but what is USP ?

sorry but what is USP ?

Unique Selling Point. Something to distinguish you from the rest of the coffee shops

well not all cafes contain friendly staff...so that should help in some small way

• Advertisement

well not all cafes contain friendly staff...so that should help in some small way

You are not going to stay open long if your only USP is your friendly staff. I could list all the cafes in Limerick with friendly staff that have closed in the last yer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Nice to be getting the remedial guide to business start ups here but I'm a small bit skeptical that every successful cafe in the country has a USP beyond good food and service. Perhaps people are letting their MBAs go slightly to their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Unique Selling Point. Something to distinguish you from the rest of the coffee shops

Isnt that what Sodalicious is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Is there any cafe really around with a distinct USP?

tototoe wrote: »

A USP doesn’t have to be a massive stand out feature. The buttery : Upbeat mood, H&L sell everything, Canteen : fresh local etc, it’s the small things businesses pride themselves on that act as a USP. Otherwise a cafe is only following trends(like current doughnut tend) which leads to closure ones the trend dies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

jjoconoor wrote: »
    A USP doesn’t have to be a massive stand out feature. The buttery : Upbeat mood, H&L sell everything, Canteen : fresh local etc, it’s the small things businesses pride themselves on that act as a USP. Otherwise a cafe is only following trends(like current doughnut tend) which leads to closure ones the trend dies

I've not gone to any of those restaurants for the above reasons.

I'd go if the food & service was good and it was a nice place to spend some time in terms of ambience and decor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

jjoconoor wrote: »
    tototoe wrote: »

Ok, I have no idea how the buttery has an upbeat mood or hook and ladder sell everything.not sure what either of those mean, to me they are a place to get a decent bite to eat, at a decent price, served well. if they're not I won't go again. They're all just cafes to me.

I went to the buttery earlier in the year and the charged me 2 euro for getting scrambled eggs instead of poached in a breakfast. Same number of eggs.

Last time I went there.

I went to the buttery earlier in the year and the charged me 2 euro for getting scrambled eggs instead of poached in a breakfast. Same number of eggs.

Last time I went there.

i think any cafe that makes you wait to be seated is pretentious, i tend to avoid those places

• Advertisement

The love/hate relationship with Limerick cafes is weird. McDonalds do better coffee than most of these places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tattoo shop opening up in upper Henry street

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

i think any cafe that makes you wait to be seated is pretentious, i tend to avoid those places

Dont go to Canteen so - utterly pretentious

The love/hate relationship with Limerick cafes is weird. McDonalds do better coffee than most of these places.

But isn't a very nice place to sit and drink a coffee, it's not rocket science.

keane2097 wrote: »
    But isn't a very nice place to sit and drink a coffee, it's not rocket science.

Free WiFi?

Free WiFi?

You'll only waste it if I give it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Mc Love wrote: »
    Dont go to Canteen so - utterly pretentious

And as for Rift, don't get me started! €3.50 for a coffee in a mug with no FUNKING handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Talk about a thread going off in a complete tangent. Set up a cafe thread and leave this one free for fictional M&S/Nando's/Five Guys openings.

Utter ****e, it’s to ensure that systems work, you will be seated in a section, and a waiter will be told you have been seated in their section. Any cafe that allows customers freely come and go is been run inefficiently, nothing to do with being ‘pretentious’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

jjoconoor wrote:
    Utter ****e, it’s to ensure that systems work, you will be seated in a section, and a waiter will be told you have been seated in their section. Any cafe that allows customers freely come and go is been run inefficiently, nothing to do with being ‘pretentious’

So you have your own place then?

Advertisement