Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

kilburn wrote: »
    So you have your own place then?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Utter ****e, it’s to ensure that systems work, you will be seated in a section, and a waiter will be told you have been seated in their section. Any cafe that allows customers freely come and go is been run inefficiently, nothing to do with being ‘pretentious’

I think they might be referring to what canteen do, or used to do. You couldn't sit down until you ordered even if the place was empty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Hope its not oconors bakery as the service there is crap !

So you have a cafe in limerick that makes people wait to be seated hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

O'Connors Cafe on Thomas Street seats you as you come in the door, and the service is far from crap as you put it. In fact, every large cafe does, it'd be utter mayhem otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

And as for Rift, don't get me started! €3.50 for a coffee in a mug with no FUNKING handle.

Where is rift...and do they serve breakfast?

• Advertisement

O'Connors Cafe on Thomas Street seats you as you come in the door, and the service is far from crap as you put it. In fact, every large cafe does, it'd be utter mayhem otherwise.

The Thomas St cafe is a great cafe, and as such is always busy!

not all large cafes seat you and from my experience it was a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

In my experience it is far better when going to busy cafes and restaurants to be seated by a waiter/waitress. That way they greet you, seat you and give you the menus and let you know what specials (if any) are on etc. Otherwise you could sit down yourself and then wait 10mins before anyone has even noticed you are there, then wait for a menu, etc... Thats all fine if the place is quiet but in any busy place it would be bedlam and then not an enjoyable experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

tototoe wrote: »
    Where is rift...and do they serve breakfast?
    Rift is on Mallow St. in the former Canteen premises. It might be a bit of the pretentious/hipster side, but their coffee is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

**** me lads.... i just go where the coffee is good...how hard can it be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,704 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

not all large cafes seat you and from my experience it was a kip

The stench of arrogance in your posts is pretty disgusting... No matter what anyone says to your posts, you are always going to argue with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

callaway92 wrote: »
    The stench of arrogance in your posts is pretty disgusting... No matter what anyone says to your posts, you are always going to argue with them.

*whisper* I suspect he's a protestant!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

or a posh catholic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Rift is on Mallow St. in the former Canteen premises. It might be a bit of the pretentious/hipster side, but their coffee is very good.

went in once to try and spent 6 euro on a protein bite and small coffee. protein bite was disgusting and the coffee was bitter. expensive place without any quality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

mdmix wrote: »
    went in once to try and spent 6 euro on a protein bite and small coffee. protein bite was disgusting and the coffee was bitter. expensive place without any quality
    Can't really disagree on the price versus size of coffee but find then to have some of the best coffee in the city.

Get over yourself your allowed discuss and reply i was talking about O'Connors bakery he is talking about Thomas Street different place entirely.

Attack and insult the poster away as usual.

Loads of Coffee shops in Limerick dont seat you both big and small, stating that is not arrogance but a fact.

Would agree about the bakery, have been once and it wasnt great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

sioda wrote: »
    Can't really disagree on the price versus size of coffee but find then to have some of the best coffee in the city.

Is Rift so much more expensive than other coffee shops? can't say I've noticed. Am a regular in there, really like the vibe, lovely staff and the coffee is always on point

panda100 wrote: »
    Is Rift so much more expensive than other coffee shops? can't say I've noticed. Am a regular in there, really like the vibe, lovely staff and the coffee is always on point

It's more expensive than canteen and you get a smaller cup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

panda100 wrote: »
    350 for a small latte but like yourself love the staff and the vibe so pay it gladly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Any chance of a thread about coffee shops?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

well does this thread cover it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Get over yourself your allowed discuss and reply i was talking about O'Connors bakery he is talking about Thomas Street different place entirely.

Attack and insult the poster away as usual.

Loads of Coffee shops in Limerick dont seat you both big and small, stating that is not arrogance but a fact.

Care to name some? Bar the ones that only offer counter service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Can we please end this coffee shop talk? This is a business opening thread, not a coffee shops wars.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

This is a thread about businesses opening. When posting here, bear this in mind.

I'll make ye a coffee shop thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

MarkR wrote: »
    This is a thread about businesses opening. When posting here, bear this in mind.

I'll make ye a coffee shop thread.

I need a hero...and he's gotta be str..... sorry....:p

a karaoke clubhouse is coming to Limerick :pac:

should be craic (before the novelty wears thin)

must practice my singing in preparation i do a deadly Delilah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Traffic in Plassey is going to get even more fun.

Edwards Lifesciences is to invest €80 million in a 600-job facility at the National Technological Park.

https://www.limerick.ie/council/newsroom/news/600-new-jobs-edwards-lifesciences-huge-endorsement-limerick-major-fdi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Traffic in Plassey is going to get even more fun.

Edwards Lifesciences is to invest €80 million in a 600-job facility at the National Technological Park.

https://www.limerick.ie/council/newsroom/news/600-new-jobs-edwards-lifesciences-huge-endorsement-limerick-major-fdi

It was between there and Raheen alright. There's about 20 working in Shannon at the moment, my friend's wife started there not so long ago.

Advertisement