Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

Caherdavin to u l is 8 km and doable in 20 minutes on a bike .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Gary Owen wrote: »
    Caherdavin to u l is 8 km and doable in 20 minutes on a bike .

That's not being argued? It would be a bit of a slog on foot though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tom and Jerry’s pub is shut and being gutted the last 2 weeks not sure new owners or direction

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bigpink wrote: »
    Tom and Jerry’s pub is shut and being gutted the last 2 weeks not sure new owners or direction

Could be wrong but quite sure it's Steve Collins and his Wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

Steve Collins junior is running the bar .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Gary Owen wrote: »
    Steve Collins junior is running the bar .

Prob not a good spot so
    Was in there at Christmas very rough crowd there

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

SuperValu in Castletroy are having their re-opening events this weekend, Thursday to Saturday. Must say they've done a fantastic job on the place, almost unrecognisable from what it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

New Lidl in Roxboro is opening on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

New Lidl in Roxboro is opening on Thursday.

Is it Roxboro or Punches Cross

mart 23 wrote: »

Sorry, yes, Punches Cross.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

mart 23 wrote: »

Punches Cross. Although it's officially Childers Rd according to the ad I saw earlier. The one near Roxboro is an Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

kerryked wrote: »
    SuperValu in Castletroy are having their re-opening events this weekend, Thursday to Saturday. Must say they've done a fantastic job on the place, almost unrecognisable from what it was
    I think it looks fairly **** tbh, very confusing when I was in there last week. Although it obviously wasn't finished at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Sorry, yes, Punches Cross.

Have they closed/knocked the current store yet or are they waiting for the new one to open?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Have they closed/knocked the current store yet or are they waiting for the new one to open?

Both are still standing but the new one looks ready to go. The boarding around the site was removed earlier.

I was in the current one on Sunday and it was still active then anyway.
    I tend to go to Aldi more, but when I do go to Lidl I always seem to get the same lady on the checkout and she's always so lovely. Really polite and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Tracey’s shop in Nicholas Street have extended the cafe seating and taken away the grocery section behind. Also put a dividing wall between shop and cafe now.

Cafe section now call Bakehouse 22.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

tom & jerrys is supposed to be opening as a restaurant at the end of this week. it's now called the number 3 I think.

lots of work being carried out there this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

New Lidl on childers road near Punches opened today. it fabulous. If you like lidl it will worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

yogalady wrote: »
    New Lidl on childers road near Punches opened today. it fabulous. If you like lidl it will worth a visit

Is that right next to the old one? I heard that it was getting demolished once the new one is in full swing, not sure how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

going to be demolished over the next few weeks creating an extra 164 car parking spaces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

apc wrote: »
    going to be demolished over the next few weeks creating an extra 164 car parking spaces

including charge points. I hear they've got a takeaway coffee area in store too, which is a great feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Tracey’s shop in Nicholas Street have extended the cafe seating and taken away the grocery section behind. Also put a dividing wall between shop and cafe now.

Cafe section now call Bakehouse 22.

Looks fab from their facebook!

I think the Mace on Catherine Street is opening today. Looked set up and ready for action when I passed it this morning.

panda100 wrote: »
    Looks fab from their facebook!

I think the Mace on Catherine Street is opening today. Looked set up and ready for action when I passed it this morning.

Saw on the Bakehouse 22 page that they had such a tight deadline because it was being done for a TV show. Francis Brennan’s show apparently but not sure how true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Saw on the Bakehouse 22 page that they had such a tight deadline because it was being done for a TV show. Francis Brennan’s show apparently but not sure how true.

It's 100% true because a dietician friend of mine was working on it with them :) I reckon some of the characters around Nicholas Street will make for great TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Mod note: Nope. Like mammy always said. If you can't say anything nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Work going on in Scotts Bar on Courtbrack, looks like they're separating the area by the windows into 3 separate units.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I popped into Lidl yesterday evening and it was PACKED. Fine job made of it in fairness. I wonder will the product range increase to match the increased store size?

I had heard from a very reputable source that the old store will be knocked for extra parking.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I popped into Lidl yesterday evening and it was PACKED. Fine job made of it in fairness. I wonder will the product range increase to match the increased store size?

I had heard from a very reputable source that the old store will be knocked for extra parking.

I saw it in the post or leader about the parking all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah they’ll knock is ASAP. In some cases they’ve knocked the old store aboot a week before the new one opens.

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    I saw it in the post or leader about the parking all right.

‘Twas in the Leader alright. 164 parking spaces once the work is complete. I can’t imagine there’s half of that now?

Advertisement