Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

‘Twas in the Leader alright. 164 parking spaces once the work is complete. I can’t imagine there’s half of that now?

I live close by and there were cars parked in surrounding estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Get the lads from Fortunestown in, a they'll have the old one knocked in no time...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

New cafe open on Denmark St. called Duo. Looks like they'll be selling Irish made stationary and art prints too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The developers who were refused planning permission to double the size of Castletroy SC have appealed the decision to An Bord Pleanala.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

Cherrycoke wrote:
    New cafe open on Denmark St. called Duo. Looks like they'll be selling Irish made stationary and art prints too.

Didn't think it was a cafe?

• Advertisement

shanmo wrote: »
    Didn't think it was a cafe?

They sell coffee anyway :P It's on their social media accounts.

Cherrycoke wrote: »

Seriously? Another fcuking café?!

There. I said it.

Seriously? Another fcuking café?!

There. I said it.

Surely it's better than an idle unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Surely it's better than an idle unit.

it is imo. Passed it last night, looks like an art/craft shop selling coffee at the counter. Didnt look very cafe like anyway, more a shop with coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

That will hopefully cool down the overheating coffee and doughnut market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The Leader trawling through the planning lists hoping for a bit of content. What a coup for the city centre this is!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

Ice cream parlour opening in old Bus Eireann office on Thomas St.

Would love if it was something like scrumdiddlys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Vanquished wrote: »
    The Leader trawling through the planning lists hoping for a bit of content. What a scoup for the city centre this is!

One scoup or two? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Its Baskin Robbins, one of the mono rail drivers sisters has the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Just in new Duo cafe shop on Denmark Street excellent coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Had coffee in the new look Treacys 'Bakehouse 22' on Nicholas Street this morning. Really is a fantastic set up in there now and a great boost to the area.

panda100 wrote: »
    Had coffee in the new look Treacys 'Bakehouse 22' on Nicholas Street this morning. Really is a fantastic set up in there now and a great boost to the area.

With that the new Katie's and limerick brewing hopefully it gets the boost the street deserves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

sioda wrote: »
    With that the new Katie's and limerick brewing hopefully it gets the boost the street deserves

They have also done a great job on the St.Marys Men shed building. Looks lovely from the outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Glenomra

panda100 wrote: »

totally agree. great to see locals, i presume, investing in their own area. hopefully the council now get a move on. this street could be the city's gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

With Treaty City Brewing moving into a few of the buildings, and other things going planned, I can see it becoming touristy and gentrified within 5 years. If I was buying a place I would probably look to buy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Glenomra wrote: »
    totally agree. great to see locals, i presume, investing in their own area. hopefully the council now get a move on. this street could be the city's gem.

Yep, Tracey’s have had a shop on Nicholas St for decades. Original shop was where the green area next to the eye pop mural is now. They moved to another building further up before moving into the current building.

Cafe Lazio at the market is back open.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

zulutango wrote: »
    With Treaty City Brewing moving into a few of the buildings, and other things going planned, I can see it becoming touristy and gentrified within 5 years. If I was buying a place I would probably look to buy there.

Gentrification in Limerick? We've finally arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Craigelsx

Has anyone heard about Sareva in the Westbury shopping center closing down in the next few weeks? I heard that Aldi or Lidl have planning in to open a store on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Yea Guy had it on FB page twas closing rumoured new owners can hardly see aldi or Lidl opening beside Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Yea Guy had it on FB page twas closing rumoured new owners can hardly see aldi or Lidl opening beside Tesco.

There is an Aldi in Kildare right next to one of those giant Tesco's so it probably wouldn't make a difference to them.

Aldi would want to knock the building also and purpose build so couldn't see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Derbhoy wrote: »

Sure Aldi in Roxboro is across the road from Tesco, and Dunnes Jetland is more or less across the road from Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Way to small a footprint for Aldi or Lidl.

Advertisement