Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The latest incarnation of the bar/restaurant in the Riverpoint complex is to be known as "Establishment." It's coming soon too apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Vanquished wrote: »
    The latest incarnation of the bar/restaurant in the Riverpoint complex is to be known as "Establishment." It's coming soon too apparently.

Is Brimstone gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Vanquished wrote:

That's just about the worst name for a pub I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

zulutango wrote: »

Nonsense....im sure it will be a fine establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

zulutango wrote: »

Think they are following in the footsteps of "House", and have started hiring doorstaff etc. It must be why they closed funky donuts to concentrate on the it crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is Brimstone gone?

Hopefully, for a "steak house" they weren't great at serving good steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Sindo reporting this morning that the messiah of department stores for Limerick people is close to agreeing a deal on a premises for the third time. Fill your boots with scotch eggs and prepackaged sarnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Sindo reporting this morning that the messiah of department stores for Limerick people is close to agreeing a deal on a premises for the third time. Fill your boots with scotch eggs and prepackaged sarnies.

Who?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Now,given where the brexit talks are? Sure.not doubtful at all...

A new thread will be needed for this one

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

The monorail will be next

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Give me a nandos and all will be complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The Limerick Leader will get weeks of headlines out of this bit of gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

I doubt they are going to build their own store so where could they have in mind? Dunnes definitely won't want them in their empty Sarsfield St site so that leaves the suburbs.

Are there two neighbouring vacant units at the Parkway Retail Park? Putting in a mezzanine there would give lots of floor space. Or maybe the almost empty East Point retail park on the Ballysimon Rd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Give me strength!

pigtown wrote: »
    I doubt they are going to build their own store so where could they have in mind? Dunnes definitely won't want them in their empty Sarsfield St site so that leaves the suburbs.

Are there two neighbouring vacant units at the Parkway Retail Park? Putting in a mezzanine there would give lots of floor space. Or maybe the almost empty East Point retail park on the Ballysimon Rd?

Homebase I was told the new manager of the Apple Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

Wld combining the shop units in Sarsfield street that were built some years back give sufficient space for an M&S

M&S talk on this thread (and the forum) should be banned until someone, somewhere exchanges money and starts constructing a building with a M&S sign over the front door.

• Advertisement

They announced that they aren't closing after all. It would be a great unit for M&S though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Am I the only one who doesn't get what the huge fascination is with M&S?

Yes, the food is nice but stupidly expensive and the clothes (women's anyway) are frumpy and expensive for what is essentially a chain store.
    Yet everytime M&S are allegedly opening in Limerick again, people are raving on about how great it would be and almost wetting themselves with excitement.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing please?

They announced that they aren't closing after all. It would be a great unit for M&S though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

What is DUO on Denmark street? Passed it yesterday and it was empty inside but there was someone behind the till. Funky looking anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Maybe Limerick Council have done a deal to accommodate them at the notorious 'opera' site.:rolleyes:

M&S talk on this thread (and the forum) should be banned until someone, somewhere exchanges money and starts constructing a building with a M&S sign over the front door.

No, it must stay as part of the fantasy openings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Shn99 wrote: »
    What is DUO on Denmark street? Passed it yesterday and it was empty inside but there was someone behind the till. Funky looking anyway
    Coffee shop and craft store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Am I the only one who doesn't get what the huge fascination is with M&S?

Yes, the food is nice but stupidly expensive and the clothes (women's anyway) are frumpy and expensive for what is essentially a chain store.
    Yet everytime M&S are allegedly opening in Limerick again, people are raving on about how great it would be and almost wetting themselves with excitement.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing please?

I think its more of a pisstake on this thread than anything else. Years ago m & s was a must do store for people going to London or Dublin etc.

Nowadays it doesnt offer much that is special, it is over priced for basic groceries and every other retailer sells some sort of premium "tesco finest" or "simply better" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I won't be shopping there too much IF it does arrive. At least in tesco et al it is Irish meat and dairy from Irish farms not cumberland sausages, Gloucester cheese and british beef and lamb like they have in M&S.

Buy Irish, buy local and keep Irish jobs.

• Advertisement

jasper100 wrote: »
    I think its more of a pisstake on this thread than anything else. Years ago m & s was a must do store for people going to London or Dublin etc.

Nowadays it doesnt offer much that is special, it is over priced for basic groceries and every other retailer sells some sort of premium "tesco finest" or "simply better" etc.

Well that's it exactly. In the food reviews in the British Sunday papers they're always bottom of the pile. They're way overpriced as well for what they have to offer.

Advertisement