Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

My boss told me it was opening next to us in town... I hope he wasn't toying with me!! :)

where u work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

bigpink wrote: »
    Is Nandos like the same as KFC ?

No, much better. And they do beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Louche Lad wrote: »
    bigpink wrote: »
    Is Nandos like the same as KFC ?

No, much better. And they do beer.
    Super Bock nom nom nom. Makes me think of Portugal :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Is that born place open yet? Is it just womens clothes or what? Limerick could do with a good menswear joint.

You're right..Limerick really does need some decent mens shops!Ever notice how all the other cities have Topman and mens sections of shops like H&M and Newlook etc yet Limerick only caters for women???Obviously Limerick doesn't have the demand for clothes from those shops otherwise they would be there. I suppose this can be seen on a Saturday night with lads wearing the usual check shirt with jeans combo. Yet there are loads of sport shops supplying tracksuits and Nike Air Max!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

I think you might be right about the demand. I was shopping in H&M just as they were selling off all of their mens stock. The woman at the till told me it was because of a lack of demand. It kind of sucked because they have great cheap stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The H&M mens stuff is hidden in the crescent. You wouldn't even know it's there, and it can be intimidating for men to have to walk through the women's section to get to where they want......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The last time I was in H&M the mens clothes section was gone. It was open for about 3 years in Limerick before I even realised it had a menswear. Zara has a menswear which is always dead and the selection of clothes is pretty poor. NEXT has some nice stuff but is very overpriced. River Island only caters for a certain crowd and there again is way way over priced. Jack and Jones just has Jack and Jones splashed across every item of clothes in the store which I don't like, Diesel is similar with overpricing and is very misleading that its the proper Diesel stuff. Debenhams has a poor selection and recently I have found Dunnes getting expensive.

On the local front Noels Menswear always has really nice top quality stuff and if I was going to splash that bit extra i'd probably go their or maybe Connolly Man.

The only place I find these days with any but of value for money is Penneys. Cheap t-shirts and hoodies that do the job as good as any 40euro+ stuff in any of the bigger branded shops.

In Cork recently and they had a whole floor dedicated to mens in New Look, H&M and had a Topman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

H&M Mens section is certainly gone. I love their clothes so it's quite a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Yes, Mens shopping is a disaster in Limerick, Connollys is fine if you want Hilfiger, G-Star, Superdry or Blend but that is a pitiful selection for the main mens shop in town and the Crescent, BT is decent enough but obviously very expensive, even at that it is not a patch on the Other BT's in Ireland, River Island is my favorite of the international brand shops and I agree about the Jack and Jones comment, who wants the name of a shop splashed all over their clothing?
    Is anyone familiar with the Genius stores in Dublin? They are always changing stock, labels etc, could do with that in Limerick, pains me to say it because I like to support the city in any way I can but Kildare village is the best place to shop for men in Ireland as regards price and quality,
    Hopefully Born will be good but I had a look on their website and there was no mens clothes there at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

A significant proportion of born's menswear seems to be J&J anytime I've passed through.

• Advertisement

what's galway like for mens clothes shopping out of curiosity? I even recall coming across some nice mens clothes shops in Ennis...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

seachto7 wrote: »
    what's galway like for mens clothes shopping out of curiosity? I even recall coming across some nice mens clothes shops in Ennis...

Galway has a Topman and a new look. So straight away it beats Limerick! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

seachto7 wrote: »

I've never been a fan of Galway for mens clothing. The only good shop(s) they have really is Hanly & Co across from the GBC on Williamsgate Street(also in Galway S/C) and Anthony Ryans is not bad on Shop Street. Don't be fooled by the outside which looks like an aul mans suit shop. It's fairly okay stuff in there.

BT's is okay but very small. Cork and Dublin are better. Tommy is the same as Limerick. Only okay. Staff are like vultures following you around though.

Good dose of Pennys does me fine. Very big Pennys compared to Limerick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is it a good one though? I love the one in Liverpool but could never find anything decent in the Cork or Dublin ones.

And Galway is smaller than Limerick!The damand is obviously in the other cities and not in Limerick!It's a pity!Best thing to do if you are in need of new clothes is to fly up the motorway a day you have off and head to Dublin or the Kildare village if you want decent stuff otherwise stay in Limerick and go to Seduzca or J&J and wear what ever other skanger is wearing!Hate to come across as moaning about Limerick but I'm just being realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

So is that why we have so many guys wearing tracksuits in the city?no other choice?!

And Galway is smaller than Limerick!The damand is obviously in the other cities and not in Limerick!It's a pity!Best thing to do if you are in need of new clothes is to fly up the motorway a day you have off and head to Dublin or the Kildare village if you want decent stuff otherwise stay in Limerick and go to Seduzca or J&J and wear what ever other skanger is wearing!Hate to come across as moaning about Limerick but I'm just being realistic.

Was in Dublin myself on Saturday! €20 return for the train.
    Well worth it.

So is that why we have so many guys wearing tracksuits in the city?no other choice?!

Haha no!There's nearly 10 sport shops in the city centre alone...because the damand is there and not because the Limerick population are sport and fitness fanatics!Limerick is a sporty city however you don't need almost 10 sport shops in a city centre to fill that need unless there is a bigger demand there..and we all know where the demand is!!

Jofspring wrote: »
    The last time I was in H&M the mens clothes section was gone. It was open for about 3 years in Limerick before I even realised it had a menswear. Zara has a menswear which is always dead and the selection of clothes is pretty poor. NEXT has some nice stuff but is very overpriced. River Island only caters for a certain crowd and there again is way way over priced. Jack and Jones just has Jack and Jones splashed across every item of clothes in the store which I don't like,

I wouldn't mind but Zara and Next used to have some good stuff, especially the Next on Childers road. I got some cool sweaters and light jackets from Zara in the past, and some clobber from Next that lasted me for ages.
    I can't go into BTs as the staff p*ss me off, straight over to you. I'd love to say "if I f*cking want your help, I'll ask. Now f*ck off and leave me alone to browse!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

rumours abound at the moment that pennys are opening in the old atlantic homecare store in childers road shopping center.

• Advertisement

flutered wrote: »
    rumours abound at the moment that pennys are opening in the old atlantic homecare store in childers road shopping center.

Clever clever move!

flutered wrote: »

**** sake, just what Limerick needs, 3 penneys shops all in walking distance of each other:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Walking distance?!? It'd take 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Mr E wrote: »

Think you need to get a tracksuit and get some exercise :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I went to Kildare village before and honestly, I wouldn't wear any of the clothes if I was given them for free.

Mr E wrote: »

Please don't jump down my throat here, I'm very new to Boards and don't quite understand the thanks bit, why does this post have three thanks at the end?

You could easily walk 10 miles in two hours,

Does anybody really think that Limerick needs another Penneys or that another Penneys will improve that park or the city/county in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Please don't jump down my throat here, I'm very new to Boards and don't quite understand the thanks bit, why does this post have three thanks at the end?

Thanks can be used like agreements. Some people say +1 when in agreement and some just use the "thanks".

Anywho:

Yeah I'd like a proper big Pennys. The Pennys in town is better than the sh*t hole in the crescent. A good Pennys like Blanchardstown. The place is mahoosive. ;)

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Thanks can be used like agreements. Some people say +1 when in agreement and some just use the "thanks".

Anywho:

Yeah I'd like a proper big Pennys. The Pennys in town is better than the sh*t hole in the crescent. A good Pennys like Blanchardstown. The place is mahoosive. ;)

So do the (now 4) people who thanked it think that it would take 2 hours to walk from O'Connell st to the Crescent and then to Childers Rd, turns out I've been thanked 12 times myself:)daycent, I like that. ****in hate Penneys though, it's where all my clothes were got growing up, since I started buying my own clothes I've pretty much boycotted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Melion wrote: »
    I went to Kildare village before and honestly, I wouldn't wear any of the clothes if I was given them for free.

anything you buy up there in Kildare you'll be paying for it out of your pension

• Advertisement

anything you buy up there in Kildare you'll be paying for it out of your pension

First of all I think it is a great place to buy mens clothes, I can't get my head around the I wouldn't wear it if I was payed comment.

Secondly what do you mean?

Advertisement