Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Even that would be pushing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Easons and Tesco are always there if people don't like it.

I'm sure the owner isn't bothered and surely half a unit = half the rent. Aren't the rents out there extortionate?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

New bar/restaurant called Establishment has opened where Brimstone used to be. Had their opening night on Wednesday. Always thought the upstairs there was better served as a bar than a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Petstop opening up in Childers road where marlin were

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

mitresize5 wrote: »
    whatever about where people want to live there is absolutely no need for an extension to Castletroy shopping centre.

The area is lacking for nothing in terms of retail and entertainment

Supervalu, Lidl and Aldi,
    Banks
    Post Offices
    restaurants
    coffee shops
    chemists
    doctors/dentists/phiso's

... the list goes on, there is simple no need for further commercial space there
    Have to agree. I don't think the Castletroy SC is doing as well as people seem to think. Yes it's near full occupancy now, but the centre is still generally dead most of the time. I've never seen heavy or even decent footfall anytime I've been there. The only units that are always busy are Starbucks and Hook & Ladder. I've yet to see a sinner in Specsavers. I was out there today for a bit and for the Sunday of Black Friday weekend it was painfully quiet - not good. I don't think it's a centre suited to fashion retail so I don't see the clothing stores or boutiques lasting there, unless the rent is dirt cheap. I think most of the footfall is for Supervalu or locals going for a coffee. Can't see any need for an expansion unless they had some A rated fashion multi-chains lined up to drive footfall, which is unlikely as the centre has no track record for that type of retail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Bella Italia are doing very well out there as.

Womens clothes shop is always busy.

Think its doing quite well and a credit to the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Townie_P wrote: »
    Have to agree. I don't think the Castletroy SC is doing as well as people seem to think. Yes it's near full occupancy now, but the centre is still generally dead most of the time. I've never seen heavy or even decent footfall anytime I've been there. The only units that are always busy are Starbucks and Hook & Ladder. I've yet to see a sinner in Specsavers. I was out there today for a bit and for the Sunday of Black Friday weekend it was painfully quiet - not good. I don't think it's a centre suited to fashion retail so I don't see the clothing stores or boutiques lasting there, unless the rent is dirt cheap. I think most of the footfall is for Supervalu or locals going for a coffee. Can't see any need for an expansion unless they had some A rated fashion multi-chains lined up to drive footfall, which is unlikely as the centre has no track record for that type of retail.

Have to disagree. Actually could not get a parking spot out there lunchtime yesterday. Had to leave and go back later that evening. The new SuperValu is doing a much better trade than pre renovation. The barber usually has a queue there. Medows and Byrnes always seems to have a steady trade, as does the golf shop. Not to mention the pharmacy, hook and ladder, star bucks, post office etc. Couple of quiet shops but all in all the footfall has rocketed over the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

They wouldn't be applying to extend if it wasn't doing well.

tommy249 wrote: »
    Have to disagree. Actually could not get a parking spot out there lunchtime yesterday. Had to leave and go back later that evening. The new SuperValu is doing a much better trade than pre renovation. The barber usually has a queue there. Medows and Byrnes always seems to have a steady trade, as does the golf shop. Not to mention the pharmacy, hook and ladder, star bucks, post office etc. Couple of quiet shops but all in all the footfall has rocketed over the last 18 months.
    Car park was almost full too today but there was nobody in the shops, all in Supervalu. Golf shop is always empty anytime I'm there. I'd expect the barbers, post office, coffee shops and those types of local businesses to be busy tbh, however I can't see the retail that's reliant on strong footfall surviving. One of the fashion stores that was there, 4th sense I think it was called, already went. It's replacement wasn't busy at all while I was there, not a sinner in the men's store either. If they're not busy on a Sunday, I can't see them being busier midweek. Time will tell I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

How’s that new shop Rain doing?

• Advertisement

How’s that new shop Rain doing?
    It wasn't busy Sunday but I couldn't tell you how it's doing over all. Nice shop to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

BED is the new name of the unit under the hanging gardens that hook & Ladder arevgoing intok

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

WHAT IS THEIR USP????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

keane2097 wrote: »
    WHAT IS THEIR USP????

Beds instead of chairs.

anybody know who or what is going into the building across from Vistakon?

I know Edward Lifesciences are due to build in this area but dont believe this is theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

damowill wrote: »

I know Edward Lifesciences are due to build in this area but dont believe this is theirs

not sure there is a tenant for it yet. Edwards is a little bit further down the road..there planning permission sign is up

They wouldn't be applying to extend if it wasn't doing well.

Rumour is they were going to sell with planning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Celignis?

Is it just one white van with a few lads moving freezers and presses?

YFlyer wrote: »
    Celignis?

Is it just one white van with a few lads moving freezers and presses?

Celignis are on Holland road up from the HSE building.

This new building is on Plassey road directly across from Vistakon. Looks like its almost complete. At a guess the building would have a capacity of up to 500 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

That is an IDA advance factory They have been building similiar around the country . I assume they will look for a client for it in the near futire or maybe they have one already .

• Advertisement

mart 23 wrote: »
    That is an IDA advance factory They have been building similiar around the country . I assume they will look for a client for it in the near futire or maybe they have one already .

Lets hope they can get a someone in and not laying idle. Another boost of jobs for the city and region.

On a downside, traffic will be mental once that is filled & Edwards move in.

I also heard they are plans to build another Hamilton House

Lets hope they can get a someone in and not laying idle. Another boost of jobs for the city and region.

On a downside, traffic will be mental once that is filled & Edwards move in.

I also heard they are plans to build another Hamilton House

The new ring road will help fix that..................

keane2097 wrote: »
    WHAT IS THEIR USP????

No idea but it is a very nice modern unit so based on their ithervfigbiuts should do well

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

jjoconoor wrote: »
    No idea but it is a very nice modern unit so based on their ithervfigbiuts should do well

I've been saying for years that Limerick needs more ithervfigbiuts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

kilburn wrote: »
    The new ring road will help fix that..................

In the short term. And then there'll be lots more car dependent development and traffic congestion and another new ring road will be needed.

Treepole wrote: »
    I've been saying for years that Limerick needs more ithervfigbiuts

😂 *fitouts

zulutango wrote:
    In the short term. And then there'll be lots more car dependent development and traffic congestion and another new ring road will be needed.

That was humour obviously lost on you......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

kilburn wrote: »
    That was humour obviously lost on you......

I knew it was a light hearted remark but others will read it and may think you're making sense. So I thought best to put them right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

A fabulous looking bar/cafe Maggie Choos is going into Teds, beside 101. It really looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

panda100 wrote: »
    A fabulous looking bar/cafe Maggie Choos is going into Teds, beside 101. It really looks great.

Probably like every other Cafe and won't be open late

Advertisement