Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

You missed the bar part then?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

panda100 wrote: »
    A fabulous looking bar/cafe Maggie Choos is going into Teds, beside 101. It really looks great.

Doubtful it will be much of a day time thing. Drove past this evening and it’s open and wedged! Mr enright sure knows how to open a brand new bar in what seems like a matter of 2/3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

damowill wrote: »
    anybody know who or what is going into the building across from Vistakon?

I know Edward Lifesciences are due to build in this area but dont believe this is theirs

Vistakon are using the space but not sure if its the whole building or just some of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Looks like work going on in one of the units on Denmark St, across from that old man barber shop. Between the craft place and the coffee/craft place.

Also some welcome news imo but not an opening business, is the painting of buildings on Nicholas Street and around King johns castle over the coming weeks. The more attention this area gets, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

tototoe wrote:
    Also some welcome news imo but not an opening business, is the painting of buildings on Nicholas Street and around King johns castle over the coming weeks. The more attention this area gets, the better.

It's looking better now for sure. Next step should be getting rid of the rat run from Bridge Street through to Castle Street. The new Dean in St. Mary's is keen to remove the infill between the arches on the wall of the old Exchange Building. It would brighten up that end of the street if it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Local businesses and residents need that rat run as you put it.

There is serious potential in the medieval quarter they should investigate providing a grant for some one to buy t he fireplace site and integrate it into a new building for tourist use.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I'm pretty sure Treaty city are doing something on Nicholas street. Think it's a micro brewery going in somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

CosmicFool wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Treaty city are doing something on Nicholas street. Think it's a micro brewery going in somewhere.

Yes, it’ll be in the building across the lane from Tracey’s/Bakehouse22

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

tototoe wrote: »

Its great to see. I would have preferred if they home owners had been a bit more daring though in their colour choice like those done on Verdant place. Look at Cobh and Shop st in Galway and the colour schemes are synonymous with the place

hero-ireland-1440x560.png
    zulutango wrote: »
    It's looking better now for sure. Next step should be getting rid of the rat run from Bridge Street through to Castle Street. The new Dean in St. Mary's is keen to remove the infill between the arches on the wall of the old Exchange Building. It would brighten up that end of the street if it happened.

Would be fantastic if the infill was removed. The only purpose they serve is to keep people out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

kilburn wrote: »
    Local businesses and residents need that rat run as you put it.

There is serious potential in the medieval quarter they should investigate providing a grant for some one to buy t he fireplace site and integrate it into a new building for tourist use.

You'll get a reputation for having a motoring policy Kilburn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Trying to picture this "rat run"? Any hints?

As has been said here before, Nicholas St. really does have a lot of potential. Would be great to see some of it unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The idea of local residents and businesses needing a rat run sort of betrays a lack of understanding of what a rat run is.

Hint - it's a small/residential street used by people with no business on it other than to skirt around traffic on the main routes. By definition, killing rat runs is beneficial for local residents and businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

keane2097 wrote: »
    The idea of local residents and businesses needing a rat run sort of betrays a lack of understanding of what a rat run is.

Hint - it's a small/residential street used by people with no business on it other than to skirt around traffic on the main routes. By definition, killing rat runs is beneficial for local residents and businesses.

Ah,I have you now.

At peak times especially, drivers will avoid the lights on Athlunkard Street by choosing the alternative route through Nicholas Street and on to Barrack St. It's very bad for the area as the noise, pollution and safety issues that this traffic brings makes it a less attractive place for businesses, residents and visitors. Here's the two routes.

keane2097 wrote:

You do realise there is an office building, school and health centre there also.

I am fully aware what a rat run is.

You do realise there is an office building, school and health centre there also.

I don't see the relevance of the local office building, school and health centre to the discussion on the rat run? If you are stopping at a local office building, school or health centre you're not doing a rat run.

i'd say you would like to see the return of cars to High Street / Shop Street in Galway

Thats just a ridiculous comment i have never once claimed that roads currently in use for pedestrians should be given back to traffic.

I am all for pedestrianisation in the right location.

How do you distinguish between rat run traffic and people with a genuine need to use the "rat run" easy you cant unless some one is policing it and a few speed ramps wont make any difference

Thats just a ridiculous comment i have never once claimed that roads currently in use for pedestrians should be given back to traffic.

I am all for pedestrianisation in the right location.

How do you distinguish between rat run traffic and people with a genuine need to use the "rat run" easy you cant unless some one is policing it and a few speed ramps wont make any difference

There are loads of options to discourage or prevent rat running without preventing local access. They cost shag all too which is the good thing about them. You'll find loads of information on Google if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Alchemist Earth has opened a 2nd shop on Thomas Street beside Bella Italia. Was in there today and it's gorgeous. It's all natural beauty products and some lovely gift sets for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Thread derailed once again by agendas.

+ 1 my face hurts and eyes are bleeding having to defend motorists 😂😂😂

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Limerick. Businesses. Opening.

If your post isn't DIRECTLY related to this simple string of three words, then post elsewhere.

I don't care about planes trains or automobiles. This is only to discuss the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/351194/agame-changer-for-limerick-businesses-new-digital-centre-set-for-former-opw-building.html

New "Digital Collaboration Centre" to open/be built at the former Cecil Street Office of Public Works building. Beside the offices of WP Engine. More good news for Limerick it would seem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Long-derelict Limerick site to be developed for housing and commercial use

Across the way from Punches. Plans for 100 apartments (divided between student and private accommodation) and some small commercial units.

Long-derelict Limerick site to be developed for housing and commercial use

Across the way from Punches. Plans for 100 apartments (divided between student and private accommodation) and some small commercial units.

Think you should have posted in the Limerick Improvement projects rather than Businesses Opening. But its fantastic news nonetheless. This site is prime location for development and only 15min walk into the city.

damowill wrote:
    Think you should have posted in the Limerick Improvement projects rather than Businesses Opening. But its fantastic news nonetheless. This site is prime location for development and only 15min walk into the city.

I'd be inclined to agree. The development has a lot going for it. The devil will be in the detail though. If they're poorly designed shoebox apartments with thin walls and electric storage heating then it will be a squandered opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

panda100 wrote: »
    Alchemist Earth has opened a 2nd shop on Thomas Street beside Bella Italia. Was in there today and it's gorgeous. It's all natural beauty products and some lovely gift sets for Christmas.

Old store closing after Xmas, seeing out their lease

• Registered Users Posts: 14,696 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Had lunch in Establishment this week for the first time. Was absolutely rank

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote:
    Had lunch in Establishment this week for the first time. Was absolutely rank

Wheres that place?

Advertisement